[8WR] XenPorta (Portal)

[8WR] XenPorta (Portal) 1.6.0

No permission to download
Code:
An exception occurred: Mysqli statement execute error : Incorrect arguments to mysqld_stmt_execute in /home6/apertus1/public_html/library/Zend/Db/Statement/Mysqli.php on line 214

Zend_Db_Statement_Mysqli->_execute() in Zend/Db/Statement.php at line 297
Zend_Db_Statement->execute() in Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php at line 479
Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->query() in Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php at line 734
Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->fetchAll() in EWRporta/Block/RecentNews.php at line 38
EWRporta_Block_RecentNews->getModule() in EWRporta/Model/Blocks.php at line 116
EWRporta_Model_Blocks->getBlockParams() in EWRporta/ViewPublic/Custom.php at line 71
EWRporta_ViewPublic_Custom->renderHtml() in XenForo/ViewRenderer/Abstract.php at line 227
XenForo_ViewRenderer_Abstract->renderViewObject() in XenForo/ViewRenderer/HtmlPublic.php at line 67
XenForo_ViewRenderer_HtmlPublic->renderView() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 572
XenForo_FrontController->renderView() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 158
XenForo_FrontController->run() in /home6/apertus1/public_html/index.php at line 13

I get this when I try and put the xenporta blocks on other pages

Same here. Can we please get someone looking at, and fixing this? It's embarrassing that this still exists

Ya, this is what I'm seeing: http://imgur.com/nnKE9B8 (edited, actually shows all articles on page 1). I'm using the most recent version of XenPorta and Xenforo.

Fortunately I haven't been using Xenporta, but I was trying to. This issue's stopping me from doing so and I'm going to have to find another portal solution. :/

I would really love it if XenPorta went premium with paid support.

I found a fix:

ACP > Appearance > Templates > EWRporta_ArticleView

You will find this:
<h1>{xen:phrase comments}</h1>

Many lines beneath it is:
<xen:hook name="thread_view_pagenav_before" params="{xen:array 'thread={$thread}'}" />

Delete that instance of the xen hook, then save and exit. That should do it. If it screws up, you can revert template.

Also,

ACP > Blocks (under the xenPorta heading on the bottom left) > RecentNews

Make sure that: Show History Navigation is unchecked or it will cause problems in the Portal.

:LOL::ROFLMAO::coffee:

I found a fix:

ACP > Appearance > Templates > EWRporta_ArticleView

You will find this:
<h1>{xen:phrase comments}</h1>

Many lines beneath it is:
<xen:hook name="thread_view_pagenav_before" params="{xen:array 'thread={$thread}'}" />

Delete that instance of the xen hook, then save and exit. That should do it. If it screws up, you can revert template.

Also,

ACP > Blocks (under the xenPorta heading on the bottom left) > RecentNews

Make sure that: Show History Navigation is unchecked or it will cause problems in the Portal.

:LOL::ROFLMAO::coffee:

Thank you for sharing.

Unfortunately, I am encountering an odd issue when trying to make this fix though. When I save the template, I get a generic internal server error; however, there is no error recorded in the error log.

I also get this when I just save the template without making the edit. I've made no edits before, so I can't revert to anything.

It seems to be only or primarily the EWRporta_ArticleView template. I can edit other templates, even other EWRporta templates, without the error (unless I'm editing it by switching between the template tabs where it tries saving multiple edits at the same time, in which case EWRporta_ArticleView throws the error).

I haven't uninstalled the addon, but I re-uploaded all files and re-uploaded the .xml file and no luck. I'm at a loss here. Anyone have any ideas?

Dont make template edits... the rules of layout inheritance are explained right in the options in the admin CP.

I appreciate you taking the time to reply, but I've read that description many times and have tested things for hours and I'm still experiencing the issue in this image: http://imgur.com/nnKE9B8

The explanation in your image is hard for me to follow, and I'm still not entirely sure I understand how the article section works. Regardless, I still can't see why recent posts/articles would show between the top post and the comments... (please see my image link)

I have article selected and have a custom layout for articles but I'm still having other threads/articles nested between the actual thread and the comments (replies to first thread).

Move recent threads from Top-Right to Mid-Right.

Everything is inherited from the portal layout, except the mid-right section. So you either need to move the item into the mid-right section, or make an articles layout... which you don't seem to want to do.

Move recent threads from Top-Right to Mid-Right.

Everything is inherited from the portal layout, except the mid-right section. So you either need to move the item into the mid-right section, or make an articles layout... which you don't seem to want to do.

Ahhh okay I understand how it works now. I didn't understand how things were inherited. I had an articles layout but not an article layout. Thanks for clarifying this for me, I appreciate it.

I appreciate you taking the time to reply, but I've read that description many times and have tested things for hours and I'm still experiencing the issue in this image: http://imgur.com/nnKE9B8

The explanation in your image is hard for me to follow, and I'm still not entirely sure I understand how the article section works. Regardless, I still can't see why recent posts/articles would show between the top post and the comments... (please see my image link)

I have article selected and have a custom layout for articles but I'm still having other threads/articles nested between the actual thread and the comments (replies to first thread).

This may help:

Revert the template to the original. (ACP > Appearance > Templates > EWRporta_ArticleView > Revert)

ACP > Layouts (under xenPorta) > drop down menu: select article then click 'Customize New Layout' button

'article' will shop up above, such that you may now customize the portal or article layout

Click on the word 'article'

Wherever you see the "RecentNews" block, grab it and drag it to the Disabled Blocks area.

Click 'Save Changes.'

Hello, I'm willing to add more and more RecentNews/Threads blocks but the thing is I don't know how to do it :/

I tried many times to copy the xml but I think I did it the wrong way cuz I got a weird error ^^'
Code:
internal_data/templates/S.19,L.3,EWRblock_RecentNewsBF4.php, line 13

Have you got something that can help me?

Sorry my bad english... but I'm having a issue. Recent Features block appearing on page articles. How do I remove it?

View attachment 56699

ACP > Layouts (under xenPorta) > drop down menu: select article then click 'Customize New Layout' button

'article' will shop up above, such that you may now customize the portal or article layout

Wherever you see the "Recent Features" block, grab it and drag it to the Disabled Blocks area.

Click 'Save Changes.'

Wherever you see the "Recent Features" block, grab it and drag it to the Disabled Blocks area.

Click 'Save Changes.'

Thank you so much, I'm sorry to disturb you.

Is there is way to install a same block at twice... or duplicate a block... like a adsense block... i would like to have it shown at different locations with different adsense code of different dimensions... thanks

I have multiple RecentNews blocks. I want all of them to use Articles view when I click the thread link from those blocks. Only the original RecentNews block works. How do I apply it for my extra RecentNews block?

hi,

My portal page is at http://domain.com/portal. I would like it to be located at http://domain.com. How would I do this?

I tried to go to:
Home > Options > [8wayRun.Com] XenPorta (Portal) to enable the option “Set as Index Controller” but I couldn't find it.
That option was removed in the latest version due to the changes in 1.2.

Now you go to ACP > Options > Basic Board Information

In Index Page Route add portal/

Top Bottom