[8WR] XenPorta (Portal)

[8WR] XenPorta (Portal) 1.6.0

No permission to download
I have multiple RecentNews blocks. I want all of them to use Articles view when I click the thread link from those blocks. Only the original RecentNews block works. How do I apply it for my extra RecentNews block?

I figured this one out. Now does anyone know how to show attachment files when it's using article view? Not sure why it doesn't parse $messageContentAfterTemplate variable correctly in template EWRportal_ArticlePost

I have multiple RecentNews blocks. I want all of them to use Articles view when I click the thread link from those blocks. Only the original RecentNews block works. How do I apply it for my extra RecentNews block?
How did you do to have more RecentNews Blocks? I'm trying to have some others on my xenforo but I don't manage to achieve that :/

Hi,

I cannot delete the promotion of any Thread from RecentNews using the Delete Promotion.

Even when I move from one Thread to another its still there.

Thanks a lot, I didn't know there was such a thread :)
No problem.

@Jaxel

I want all my custom RecentNews blocks to use Articles view when I click the thread link from those blocks. Only the original RecentNews block works. How do I apply it for my extra RecentNews block? Not sure why it doesn't parse $messageContentAfterTemplate variable correctly in template EWRportal_ArticleMessage.

Last edited:
Hello, how can we set the width of the left side of the portal? I have 2 RecentNews Blocks now (maybe more soon) and I want them to be identical but it seems it's impossible. I tried a lot's of thing but none are good ways. My main problem now is that there is still a responsive effect, whereas I thought I had disabled it, which totally destroy the right part of the portal, just before the sidebar but I think there is a better way to solve my issue :)

As I posted earlier, I still cannot install XenPorta anymore.
I had removed an old version, not using the ACP but deleting all related files and database tables.

Now, I have upgraded to XF 1.2.1 and want to install XenPorta 1.6.0.
Same as in XF 1.5, I get the error:
Code:
The provided file was not a valid XML file. Please provide a valid XML file.

Doesn't matter if I use library/EWRporta/addon-EWRporta.xml , or upload the addon-EWporta.xml from the zipfile.

Can someone help on this?

Is there a solution to this problem!
You might want to give some more specifics than you just can't delete a promotion (what version of Xenforo you are on, what version of XenPorta, any error messages, whether you've disabled all other add-ons to see if the problem still exists etc).

I've just tested it on my forum and deleting promoted threads from the recent news block works just fine.

@Martok Thankyou for trying to help me.
I have disabled all other add-ons but the problem still exists.
I'am using:
XenForo 1.2.1
XenPorta 1.6.0
I'am deleting the promotion using this method (please see attacked pict.)

Screen Shot 2013-09-16 at 4.34.46 PM.webp

Hi again,

Nothing happens, the promotion is still existing without any delete!
No error at all?

Check the Block Cache Time setting in the Recent Threads block in the ACP. Switch off the caching and see if that cures it.

If it doesn't, try promoting an item - does that work? Does the promotion appear straight away? Can you then delete that promotion?

@Jaxel - Are you planning to add more features to XenPorta? It's already feature rich, but if something's planned; I think many xenPorta users would love to know what's coming! :)

As I posted earlier, I still cannot install XenPorta anymore.
I had removed an old version, not using the ACP but deleting all related files and database tables.

Now, I have upgraded to XF 1.2.1 and want to install XenPorta 1.6.0.
Same as in XF 1.5, I get the error:
Code:
The provided file was not a valid XML file. Please provide a valid XML file.

Doesn't matter if I use library/EWRporta/addon-EWRporta.xml , or upload the addon-EWporta.xml from the zipfile.

Can someone help on this?
I have even tried using the Install & Upgrade add-on to install XenPorta using the zipfile, still no luck.
Can someone please help me? I can provide an admin account if you like, to see if anything's wrong...

I have even tried using the Install & Upgrade add-on to install XenPorta using the zipfile, still no luck.
Can someone please help me? I can provide an admin account if you like, to see if anything's wrong...
Why on earth did you delete the files and database tables without uninstalling it properly from the ACP first? This may be the cause of your problems.

Have you tried re-downloading XenPorta 1.6 and using the new download to install? It could be a corrupt file.
Have you uploaded the XenPorta folders and files to the correct location?

Top Bottom