[8WR] XenPorta (Portal)

[8WR] XenPorta (Portal) 1.6.0

No permission to download
Can someone explain to me how to use the Thread Promotion feature?
Assign yourself the permission to promote threads in Usergroup or User permissions.

When you hit 'Promote Thread' Your promoted thread becomes featured in the Recent News block and in the Slider or Accordian block if you have a slide.jpg attachment in the first post.

Assign yourself the permission to promote threads in Usergroup or User permissions.

When you hit 'Promote Thread' Your promoted thread becomes featured in the Recent News block and in the Slider or Accordian block if you have a slide.jpg attachment in the first post.

Where is the Promote Thread link? I don't see it anywhere? I have enabled permission for it.

Where is the Promote Thread link? I don't see it anywhere? I have enabled permission for it.
When you are inside the thread, at the top right is a button that says 'Promote Thread'. It usually looks like the 'Create Thread' button when viewing a thread.

If you cannot see the 'Promote Thread' button then there might be an issue with your templates. If you create a default skin you might see it.

Jaxel for your next version - Put an option in to stop the news posts grabbing the first media instead of me having to remove the code that does it from the files, not everyone wants it.

Also please put in a simple option just to have a bbcode or html block right from the admin.

I already have this Addon running on another site without issue. So I am now setting it up for my clan site.

The current problem I am seeing is with the recent news block. I have selected 5 forums that I want to pick news up from and have set which groups can see the block. Now, although I have not yet promoted anything, every single thread in all of those specificed forums is appearing in that block. Which gives me 181 pages of news!

I can't see what on earth ive done wrong :confused:

Thats working properly actually gleedo.

Promoting is for posts outside the selected forums.

Ooooh My God! I am a complete idiot. On my other forum I only have one forum selected for Recent News. And everything I post in that forum I had just been 'promoting' lol. I did not realise it worked the other way around.

Thanks Liam - I am a tool! :oops:

Keep getting this error

Code:
[LIST=1]
[*][B]XenForo_Application::handlePhpError()[/B] in [B]EWRporta/Option/ForumChooser.php[/B] at line [B]21[/B]
[*][B]EWRporta_Option_ForumChooser::renderOption()[/B]
[*][B]call_user_func()[/B] in [B]XenForo/ViewAdmin/Helper/Option.php[/B] at line [B]327[/B]
[*][B]XenForo_ViewAdmin_Helper_Option::_renderCallbackOptionHtml()[/B] in [B]XenForo/ViewAdmin/Helper/Option.php[/B] at line [B]71[/B]
[*][B]XenForo_ViewAdmin_Helper_Option::renderPreparedOptionHtml()[/B] in [B]XenForo/ViewAdmin/Helper/Option.php[/B] at line [B]33[/B]
[*][B]XenForo_ViewAdmin_Helper_Option::renderPreparedOptionsHtml()[/B] in [B]EWRporta/ViewAdmin/BlockOptions.php[/B] at line [B]21[/B]
[*][B]EWRporta_ViewAdmin_BlockOptions->renderHtml()[/B] in [B]XenForo/ViewRenderer/Abstract.php[/B] at line [B]215[/B]
[*][B]XenForo_ViewRenderer_Abstract->renderViewObject()[/B] in [B]XenForo/ViewRenderer/HtmlAdmin.php[/B] at line [B]63[/B]
[*][B]XenForo_ViewRenderer_HtmlAdmin->renderView()[/B] in [B]XenForo/FrontController.php[/B] at line [B]533[/B]
[*][B]XenForo_FrontController->renderView()[/B] in [B]XenForo/FrontController.php[/B] at line [B]156[/B]
[*][B]XenForo_FrontController->run()[/B] in [B]C:/wamp/www/admin.php[/B] at line [B]13
[/B]
[/LIST]

Getting this error a few times per day:

Zend_Db_Statement_Mysqli_Exception: Mysqli statement execute error : Duplicate entry 'RecentNews' for key 1 - library/Zend/Db/Statement/Mysqli.php:214
Generated By: Unknown Account, Yesterday at 8:20 AM

For some reason, the slider & sidebar doesn't show up for guests. Anyone have any clue on why this happens?

1eCcB

I've tried installing this add-on several times, it works fine, but I can't use recent news and recent threads blocks. Every time I click one of those blocks in admin panel, I get this error:

An exception occurred: Array to string conversion in */library/XenForo/Model/Node.php on line 1255
  1. XenForo_Application::handlePhpError()
  2. strval() in XenForo/Model/Node.php at line 1255
  3. XenForo_Model_Node->getNodeOptionsArray() in EWRporta/Option/ForumChooser.php at line 16
  4. EWRporta_Option_ForumChooser::renderOption()
  5. call_user_func() in XenForo/ViewAdmin/Helper/Option.php at line 327
  6. XenForo_ViewAdmin_Helper_Option::_renderCallbackOptionHtml() in XenForo/ViewAdmin/Helper/Option.php at line 71
  7. XenForo_ViewAdmin_Helper_Option::renderPreparedOptionHtml() in XenForo/ViewAdmin/Helper/Option.php at line 33
  8. XenForo_ViewAdmin_Helper_Option::renderPreparedOptionsHtml() in EWRporta/ViewAdmin/BlockOptions.php at line 21
  9. EWRporta_ViewAdmin_BlockOptions->renderHtml() in XenForo/ViewRenderer/Abstract.php at line 215
  10. XenForo_ViewRenderer_Abstract->renderViewObject() in XenForo/ViewRenderer/HtmlAdmin.php at line 63
  11. XenForo_ViewRenderer_HtmlAdmin->renderView() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 533
  12. XenForo_FrontController->renderView() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 156
  13. XenForo_FrontController->run() in */admin.php at line 13

I'm using PHP 5.4, maybe that's the problem?

Top Bottom