[8WR] XenPorta (Portal)

[8WR] XenPorta (Portal) 1.6.0

No permission to download
Fixed it.

For future users with above issue you must give unregistered/unconfirmed users permission to view attachments.

In the EWRblock_RecentNews template, how do I go about getting the absolute URL for the news item? I'm adding a reddit button and it needs to use the correct URL and not the one for the recent news list.
{xen:link threads, $news} only returns the relative URL, and I haven't been able to find any documentation at all on what properties is available to use for xen:link (maybe there is an absolute one I can use instead of "threads", but I don't know)

is it normal that xenporta splash screen need 84 queries?

I have activated:
slider
recent discussion
recent articles
share this page (fb twitter, g+)

in the side bar:
user info
count down
facebook group
twitter feed
forum stats
events calendar

Sorry to dig up this old thread.

I've been able to import that thread and display it successfully.
However, once it's up there, how do I edit it?

I was planning to put information that changes every now and then, but it seems the modifications I make to the .xml file in that folder are ignored.

So is there any way I can edit the HTML content AFTER the add-on is imported?
thanks

XML files are usually imported once and then are not referred to again, so it doesn't make sense to edit the XML file. I am guessing the block is editable in the block area for XenPorta:

Admin CP -> Home -> Blocks

When a link to a recent news post is shared to Facebook, it doesn't seem to pick up the avatar (or any attached images) for use as the thumbnail.

Can someone confirm this is the case for them too? Would love to know if there's a work-around or fix.

Hi,

can someone tell me how to change the text color on the FaceBook block? I have looked and looked, and just can't find it.

Thanks!

My date on articles (recent news) looks weird (No bg on the day) . Do anybody know how to fix it?
7eb0b57fe9bd9e7011a1cb33a601ad54.png

I disabled for some days xenporta for performance problems, once solved I re-enabled it.
Now all my users have to clear their browser cache, if not they are redirected from mysite.com/forum to mysite.com!

XenForo is installed in the httpdoc root and the "Set as Index Controller" is activated.

.htaccess is:
Code:
 #    Mod_security can interfere with uploading of content such as attachments. If you
#    cannot attach files, remove the "#" from the lines below.
#<IfModule mod_security.c>
#    SecFilterEngine Off
#    SecFilterScanPOST Off
#</IfModule>

ErrorDocument 401 default
ErrorDocument 403 default
ErrorDocument 404 default
ErrorDocument 500 default

<IfModule mod_rewrite.c>
    RewriteEngine On

#    If you are having problems with the rewrite rules, remove the "#" from the
    #    line that begins "RewriteBase" below. You will also have to change the path
    #    of the rewrite to reflect the path to your XenForo installation.

RewriteBase /

#    This line may be needed to enable WebDAV editing with PHP as a CGI.
    #RewriteRule .* - [E=HTTP_AUTHORIZATION:%{HTTP:Authorization}]

RewriteCond %{HTTP_HOST} !^mysite\.com$
RewriteRule ^(.*)$ http://mysite.com/$1 [R=301,L]

# THIS WAS ACTIVE WHEN XENPORTA WAS DISABLE

# RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} ^/forum/$
# RewriteRule ^(.*)$ / [R=301,L]

# old vBulletin urls redirect
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} ^/forum/showthread\.php$
RewriteRule ^(.*)$ /vb/showthread.php [R=301,L]
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} ^/forum/forumdisplay\.php$
RewriteRule ^(.*)$ /vb/forumdisplay.php [R=301,L]
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} ^/forum/showpost\.php$
RewriteRule ^(.*)$ /vb/showpost.php [R=301,L]
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} ^/forum/printthread\.php$
RewriteRule ^(.*)$ /vb/printthread.php [R=301,L]
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} ^/forum/member\.php$
RewriteRule ^(.*)$ /vb/member.php [R=301,L]
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} ^/forum/attachment\.php$
RewriteRule ^(.*)$ /vb/attachment.php [R=301,L]
#end

#    Mod_security can interfere with uploading of content such as attachments. If you
    RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} -f [OR]
    RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} -l [OR]
    RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} -d
    RewriteRule ^.*$ - [NC,L]
    RewriteRule ^(data/|js/|styles/|install/|favicon\.ico|crossdomain\.xml|robots\.txt) - [NC,L]
    RewriteRule ^.*$ index.php [NC,L]
</IfModule>

<FilesMatch "\.(jpg|jpeg|png|gif)$">
Header set Cache-Control "max-age=604800, public"
</FilesMatch>

Helping my buddy to setup his xenforo forum.

Getting this error when I am in the "portal page" only when recentnews block is added.

Code:
An exception occurred: Mysqli prepare error: You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near ') OR EWRporta_promotes.promote_date < ?) AND xf_thread.discussion_state = 'v' at line 11 in /home/wwwtekki/public_html/library/Zend/Db/Statement/Mysqli.php on line 77

Zend_Db_Statement_Mysqli->_prepare() in Zend/Db/Statement.php at line 115
Zend_Db_Statement->__construct() in Zend/Db/Adapter/Mysqli.php at line 381
Zend_Db_Adapter_Mysqli->prepare() in Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php at line 478
Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->query() in Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php at line 734
Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->fetchAll() in EWRporta/Block/RecentNews.php at line 38
EWRporta_Block_RecentNews->getModule() in EWRporta/Model/Blocks.php at line 116
EWRporta_Model_Blocks->getBlockParams() in EWRporta/ViewPublic/Custom.php at line 71
EWRporta_ViewPublic_Custom->renderHtml() in XenForo/ViewRenderer/Abstract.php at line 215
XenForo_ViewRenderer_Abstract->renderViewObject() in XenForo/ViewRenderer/HtmlPublic.php at line 67
XenForo_ViewRenderer_HtmlPublic->renderView() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 533
XenForo_FrontController->renderView() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 156
XenForo_FrontController->run() in /home/wwwtekki/public_html/index.php at line 13

any help would be appriciated.

Disable the Recentnews block. The Recent slider block maybe also need to be disabled.
Then you can access the portal. But if you wanna fix the blocks you need to reinstall XenPorta.
It worked for me anyway.

Disable the Recentnews block. The Recent slider block maybe also need to be disabled.
Then you can access the portal. But if you wanna fix the blocks you need to reinstall XenPorta.
It worked for me anyway.
Yeah figured the block needed to be disabled.
I hope the reinstall will work gonna try that out when he is back!
Thank you for your fast reply!

Top Bottom