[8WR] XenPorta (Portal)

[8WR] XenPorta (Portal) 1.6.0

No permission to download
For some reason, I have some paging appearing on my forum homepage. This is somehow coming from XenPorta (I believe) as if I click page 2, it takes me to the last article which would have been the very first one I promoted. I just don't know why the paging is appearing on the top of the forum homepage.....

View attachment 33915
Do you have any articles appearing at all? Unless you've modified template EWRblock_RecentNews, then I don't see how the page navigation div would display above the news/promoted articles.

Did this problem just happen on it's own, or after you had tinkered with something? You can always try things re-saving the RecentNews block (ACP > XenPorta > Blocks > RecentNews > Save) to force it to re-fresh/re-build and see if that fixes it.

For some reason, I have some paging appearing on my forum homepage. This is somehow coming from XenPorta (I believe) as if I click page 2, it takes me to the last article which would have been the very first one I promoted. I just don't know why the paging is appearing on the top of the forum homepage.....

View attachment 33915

Have you accidentally set your layouts to do that? If you've ticked one of the checkboxes but forgot to set a layout for your forum index it'll use the portal layout.

I got some similar/weird results before I realised that.

Have you accidentally set your layouts to do that? If you've ticked one of the checkboxes but forgot to set a layout for your forum index it'll use the portal layout.

I got some similar/weird results before I realised that.

That was it, I had some of the porta options checked that weren't required by my layout. Thank you :)

Anyone have any clue why the RecentNews boxes would look like this? It is pretty messed up.

3d95f0cd872af01002d2a65faab5dd64.png

Messed up? That looks like a standard RecentNews block to me.
Probably means in comparison to what Jaxel has on his site. He coded up his own recent news container.

Unless Jabroni means the way the video looks in the news block with the avatar in the upper right...and if that is the case, that is how it is suppose to look.

From an aesthetic view point, I would agree that it could be better. I tried to make the point with Jaxel that the default appearance of the RecentNews block when used with the default xF stylesheet should at least look like front page news. That is, the headings should be prominent for a start. His argument was that it looked fine, so I didn't persist. Instead, you'll have to go to the effort of customising the styling yourself to get the look you want.

Messed up? That looks like a standard RecentNews block to me.

If you look closely, the sides come in & don't fit with the footer part. Also, the top of the news block comes out above the header part by an inch or so. I've never had trouble with this before, but on this site, it is messed up.

I have the "Enable 8WayRun Support" box clicked also.

This may be related to the stylesheet you're using. Have you tried the default, or other, stylesheets?

Interestingly, the stylesheet Jaxel uses (Flexile) needs a "compatibility pack" (additional CSS) to make it render nicely with the Portal.

This may be related to the stylesheet you're using. Have you tried the default, or other, stylesheets?

Interestingly, the stylesheet Jaxel uses (Flexile) needs a "compatibility pack" (additional CSS) to make it render nicely with the Portal.
It would be nice if Jaxel would release that, wouldn't it?

It's not really for Jaxel to release.

It's something the Style creator can decide to implement in order to ensure the Portal fits nicely within their theme. The creator of Flexile did just that. You can always download Flexile yourself, and have a look at what they did in the EXTRA.CSS file for portal "compatibility".

It's not really for Jaxel to release.

It's something the Style creator can decide to implement in order to ensure the Portal fits nicely within their theme. The creator of Flexile did just that. You can always download Flexile yourself, and have a look at what they did in the EXTRA.CSS file for portal "compatibility".
Why can't he release it as a part of xenporta? There is nothing stopping Jaxel. I've looked at the extra.css and even the flexile exceptions css or w/e it is called. I'm just saying, if it is already coded, why not just give us that portion of the css to c+p?

Because Jaxel can't possibly know what style everyone will use? Those EXTRA.CSS stylings are only for Flexile.

If you look closely, the sides come in & don't fit with the footer part. Also, the top of the news block comes out above the header part by an inch or so. I've never had trouble with this before, but on this site, it is messed up.

I have the "Enable 8WayRun Support" box clicked also.

If you delete that video does it still happen? i.e. is that video forcing the block wider than it should be?

yes, it still happens

583698a98b1f7a07108dc3462fbcc1bf.png
That's how it was meant to look. That's how mine looks when I enable the option for xenporta in the skin options. It would have to be something the coder/designer of the skin would have to update if you want it to look different. Jaxel made his own edits to that skin and I think he ought to release it since so many people use flexile.

On the recentslider, when in fluid 'mode' (hope you know what I mean!), the navigation and picture are positioned on the right of the div, leaving a horrible large black space on the left... www.arsenaltalk.net

Is there any way of making the image holder flexible width so it scales with the page, leaving the navigation on the left most side of the div? Or at least having the nav section and picture on the left (the black space would look better in the middle of the screen (though not ideal)...

Have tried a few options in the css but to no avail...

On the recentslider, when in fluid 'mode' (hope you know what I mean!), the navigation and picture are positioned on the right of the div, leaving a horrible large black space on the left... www.arsenaltalk.net

Is there any way of making the image holder flexible width so it scales with the page, leaving the navigation on the left most side of the div? Or at least having the nav section and picture on the left (the black space would look better in the middle of the screen (though not ideal)...

Have tried a few options in the css but to no avail...

Set Slider Width to 650 px (ACP->XenPortal -> Blocks -> Click on RecentSlider -> Slider Width)

Salud2

Set Slider Width to 650 px (ACP->XenPortal -> Blocks -> Click on RecentSlider -> Slider Width)

Salud2

Thanks but that will not work because it will mess up the design on lower resolutions - the nav section will be pushed out of view. What I am after is a way to have the nav and pic anchored to the left instead of right of the div (as one solution), but ideally make the picture div(not sure its a div) grow to cover the area of the expanding screen

Top Bottom