[8WR] XenPorta (Portal)

[8WR] XenPorta (Portal) 1.6.0

No permission to download
Question about Accordian. I apologize if I put this in the wrong place.

I followed the online insstructions carefully, checked permission yet the accordian slider is not working. Please advise when you can.
Thank You

Gabb

Question about Accordian. I apologize if I put this in the wrong place.

I followed the online insstructions carefully, checked permission yet the accordian slider is not working. Please advise when you can.
Thank You

Gabb
What's it doing? Not showing up at all or not showing articles you promote or?

Hello Kprojects.
Thank you fory your reply. I had to uninstall that block and reinstall in again. Works ok now. Have to change the CSS now. Can you tell me how to remove the bottom message pop up thing below the picture? Default is black but I want to totally remove or disable it. Not the side menu but the the area where the title pops up at the bottom.
Thank you :)

Gabby

Hi guys,
Regarding the index controller. Will it affect my future links if I disabled xenporta in the future?

hey guys,

I'm getting my sidebar not working on the forum page... however it works fine when i go into forum nodes and forum threads

I also want to add the xenporta sidebar on everyone of my page yet i am struggling to get this done (for example the xenporta media/events, the help page, user account page etc)
This is what I am getting when i try to set it up:

2jed8y9.png

Installed this in one of the other board as explained . I have done this before and has worked but something is wrong this time i can't get it to work .

Portal in Home tab and forums in site.com/forums .

Can anyone please help with a step by step guide on how to have another XenPorta page as well as a home page given a default install of both XF and XenPorta all in the root directory?

PLEASE!

Hi guys! XenPorta like and and I think that $ 50 is not much, but ...
there are small problems :( with display content blocks "recentnews" and "recentslider"
If the post of the first images taken by the tag 'attach', then recentnews shows and small picture and a big picture, and something needs to be one.
Аnd problem number two, this time with recentslider - all seen in the photo.

Attachments

• slider-att.webp
    slider-att.webp
    1.2 KB · Views: 14
  • slider-img.webp
    slider-img.webp
    1.5 KB · Views: 15
  • recentnews-double.webp
    recentnews-double.webp
    7.2 KB · Views: 15
I am a tad stuck with how to use XenPorta....

I have managed to make a thread (which I promoted) to appear as part of 'recent news' which I placed as a block in the Portal layout. That is ok.

But I am struggling with working out two things:
  1. How do I make images appear on the home page in that thread along with the text
  2. When I click on 'continue reading' I am taken to a normal looking forum, but I have seen some forums that use XenPorta that display the news/article and then have a section below called 'Comments'. That is how I want to set my site up:
    http://8wayrun.com/threads/soulcast-15-natsu.14568/

EDIT: Just worked out #2 by checking 'Article (articles #>..) etc in Portal Options

EDIT 2: Ah, I see the image appears in the drop down list when you promote it.\

After creating a new thread which will be visible in Porta's Recent News Block on my portal homepage, I can click on 'continue reading' which takes me to the appropriate forum/thread and displays the comments block etc, but below 'comments' it displays the same opening post text o_O

porta1.webp

Any idea what is causing that or is that correct/by design? It looks a bit odd....

EDIT: after a page refresh, it is now displaying as I would expect, but now the bloody thread/article has gone missing from the portal homepage! I AM CONFUSED :(

I've installed it all correctly, however when I try the move the module blocks in the portal page it doesn't do anything. I've also tried 5 other browsers.

Please help!

All the good days! Sorry for the broken English. Tell me, is it possible to put a slider on the main forum (forum_list)? Thanks in advance for your help!

I'd like to remove this for a while and go back to the stock xenforo installation. What's the best practice for uninstalling this?

You can just disable it on the main page of your Admin Control Panel but unchecking the box next to [8wayRun.Com] XenPorta (Portal).

Or below that click Manage Add-ons to uninstall completely.

In your downloaded files head to [8wayRun.Com] XenPorta (Portal) v1.5.3\library\EWRporta\XML_Addons

Edit the RawHyperText.xml block and then import it in the block menu in the ACP

Top Bottom