[8WR] XenPorta (Portal)

[8WR] XenPorta (Portal) 1.6.0

No permission to download
Please can someone tell me how to get the XenPorta sidebar injected into everyone of my pages... NOT just the ones available in global customized layout tickboxes.

I've read up on XEN:hooks, watched Kiels video, I've tried adding '<xen:sidebar><xen:hook name="forum_list_sidebar" /></xen>sidebar>' into the code to try inject it in but it's just not happening and i'm currently MANUALLY adding the side bar which is causing some blocks not to work and also is bad practise.

ANY advice would be really appreciated!

Thanks but that will not work because it will mess up the design on lower resolutions - the nav section will be pushed out of view. What I am after is a way to have the nav and pic anchored to the left instead of right of the div (as one solution), but ideally make the picture div(not sure its a div) grow to cover the area of the expanding screen

I figured this out:

You can add:
HTML:
.recentSlider { border: 1px; max-width:775px; solid #333; position: relative; background-color: #000; overflow: hidden; }

.recentSlider .ui-tabs-nav-item .title { font-size: 11px !important; font-weight: bold; padding: 5px !important; text-align:left;}

to the extra.css template. (not in the recent slider css template!)

This limits the slider to a maximum width but does not stop it shrinking with the page. This has the effect of keeping all the content on the left hand side.
The code above also reduces the font size slightly so the title is far less likely to run into the box below.

Why is only the index page cached for recent news? Once you get to page 2 and beyond, none of it is cached and will cause big sites like mine to crash.

Hi,

You say that it comes with over a dozen pre-installed module blocks. Why am I only seeing 8?

Is there something I am doing wrong?

[WORKAROUND] Add Attachments back to Article Pages.

Edit Library \ EWRporta \ ViewPublic \ custom.php

Find this code:

Code:
        if ($isArticle && !empty($this->_params['thread']['first_post_id']))
        {
            $this->_params['posts'][$this->_params['thread']['first_post_id']]['attachments'] = false;
            $this->_params['posts'][$this->_params['thread']['first_post_id']]['signature'] = false;
        }

Remove the entire line referencing attachments

Code:
        if ($isArticle && !empty($this->_params['thread']['first_post_id']))
        {
                        $this->_params['posts'][$this->_params['thread']['first_post_id']]['signature'] = false;
        }

Please can someone tell me how to get the XenPorta sidebar injected into everyone of my pages... NOT just the ones available in global customized layout tickboxes.

I've read up on XEN:hooks, watched Kiels video, I've tried adding '<xen:sidebar><xen:hook name="forum_list_sidebar" /></xen>sidebar>' into the code to try inject it in but it's just not happening and i'm currently MANUALLY adding the side bar which is causing some blocks not to work and also is bad practise.

ANY advice would be really appreciated!

Guys I'm still struggling with this, any help?

Bookmarks does not extend or overwrite the function getPostsInThread (EWRporta/Model/Post.php) it simply calls it.
You may want to change your line:
PHP:
$fetchOptions['join'] += self::FETCH_THREAD;
with:
PHP:
if (!empty($fetchOptions['join']))
{
    $fetchOptions['join'] |= self::FETCH_THREAD;
}
else
{
    $fetchOptions['join'] = self::FETCH_THREAD;
}
THANKS SO MUCH SYNDOL YOU ARE THE GREATEST!!!!

no. any photo that you use for the slider must be called slide.jpg so rename whatever attachment you made as slide.jpg.

Make sure you attach slide.jpg to the first post in a thread in the forum that you selected in recent news block.

Top Bottom