[8WR] XenPorta (Portal)

[8WR] XenPorta (Portal) 1.6.0

No permission to download
An exception occurred: Undefined index: sticky in /home/***/public_html/community/library/EWRporta/Block/RecentNews.php on line 17
  1. XenForo_Application::handlePhpError() in EWRporta/Block/RecentNews.php at line 17
  2. EWRporta_Block_RecentNews->getModule() in EWRporta/Model/Blocks.php at line 116
  3. EWRporta_Model_Blocks->getBlockParams() in EWRporta/ViewPublic/Custom.php at line 71
  4. EWRporta_ViewPublic_Custom->renderHtml() in XenForo/ViewRenderer/Abstract.php at line 215
  5. XenForo_ViewRenderer_Abstract->renderViewObject() in XenForo/ViewRenderer/HtmlPublic.php at line 67
  6. XenForo_ViewRenderer_HtmlPublic->renderView() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 533
  7. XenForo_FrontController->renderView() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 156
  8. XenForo_FrontController->run() in /home/**/public_html/community/index.php at line 13

Same problem here.

Edit the RecentNews block settings... click save.

This didn't fix it. I had to revert back to the old Recent News block. Any suggestions?

Same problem here.

This didn't fix it. I had to revert back to the old Recent News block. Any suggestions?
You probably forgot to upload the new recentnews.php file. Its not enough to install the new package, you need to upload the file too.

Hey guys, is there any way of excluding forums/categories from the 'My Recent Threads'

EDIT: ignore me.. found it

I keep getting this error - "The provided file was not a valid XML file. Please provide a valid XML file." when trying to install. Any ideas?

Install from file on server:
library/EWRporta/addon-EWRporta.xml

Thanks

John - PS I ran the XML file through an XML validator and seemed fine... v1.5.3 and 1.1.3 of XF

I keep getting this error - "The provided file was not a valid XML file. Please provide a valid XML file." when trying to install. Any ideas?

Install from file on server:
library/EWRporta/addon-EWRporta.xml

Thanks

John - PS I ran the XML file through an XML validator and seemed fine... v1.5.3 and 1.1.3 of XF
Have you tried via web upload instead of installing from server?

Is there anyway to remove categories? I dont use them so im sick of seeing 'Categories: Uncategorized' on the bottom of all my news posts

Would be nice if there was a way to disable it? If not, needs to be an option for sure, like if you agree people!

Is there a way to set the stream block not to autoplay or start with the sound muted so it doesn't scare the crap out of visitors?

Still wondering if there is any way to remove the date logo that appears for news posts on the portal. Any help is appreciated.

Try putting the following into Extra.css
Thank you so much!!! That removed the date logo perfectly.

Would you possibly know how to remove the full date that is on the right of a news post to the right of the title of the article?

Also how to remove the time it says it was posted at. So it's not saying "by BigPete7978 at 12:00pm"

And finally how to remove the number of "Likes" listed next to views.

I have been wondering how to remove these listed things for quite some time. Hopefully someone will be able to help with these issues.

For the date try

Code:
.EWRporta_Portal #recentNews .DateTime{
display: none;
}

To remove "by BigPete7978 at 12:00pm" try:

Code:
.EWRporta_Portal #recentNews .posted.iconKey{
display: none;
}

To just remove the likes you need to edit the template EWRblock_RecentNews

Try finding:

Code:
<span class="views">({xen:number $news.view_count} {xen:phrase views} / {xen:number $news.first_post_likes} {xen:phrase likes})</span>

And replacing it with:

Code:
<span class="views">({xen:number $news.view_count} {xen:phrase views})</span>

If you end up editing lots of templates on your site I recommend using TMS to do it, so you don't have to manually re-apply the template edits when it comes to upgrading in the future.

I read through the FAQ and guide and I didn't see anything on this...I hope I didn't skim passed it. Right now my forums are in the "forums" directory. How can I get the portal to be in the root folder so I don't screw up my indexed URLs.

I would like to remove the avatar image and the number of page views of news posts on XenPorta entries.

Does anyone know how to do this?

Still can't install XenPorta - running 1.1.3 and have XenUtiles working fine. Is there an issue with just copying new XenPorta files over older ones (1.1.0)? I've uninstalled the old 1.1.0 XenPorta from the Admin CP.

Error is: "The provided file was not a valid XML file. Please provide a valid XML file."

Top Bottom