[8WR] XenPorta (Portal)

[8WR] XenPorta (Portal) 1.6.0

No permission to download
Ideally, the portal page (which is the homepage) and let the forum page take the board title from the xenforo preferences.
ok .. the best way is to use conditional tags in PAGE_CONTAINER template

ok lets start ...

open this template :
PAGE_CONTAINER

and search for <title> .. then replace below code
Code:
<title><xen:if is="{$title}">{xen:raw $title} | {$xenOptions.boardTitle}<xen:else />{$xenOptions.boardTitle}</xen:if></title>
With this one :
Code:
<xen:if is="{$contentTemplate} == 'EWRporta_Portal'">
<title>Your Desired Title</title>
<xen:else />
    <title><xen:if is="{$title}">{xen:raw $title} | {$xenOptions.boardTitle}<xen:else />{$xenOptions.boardTitle}</xen:if></title>
</xen:if>

then if you wan to change the H1 heading title too try to search for <h1> .. and then replace below code :
Code:
<h1><xen:if
                                        is="{$h1}">{xen:raw $h1}<xen:elseif
                                        is="{$title}" />{xen:raw $title}<xen:else
                                        />{$xenOptions.boardTitle}</xen:if>                                                                   
                                                              </h1>
With this one :
Code:
                                <xen:if is="{$contentTemplate} == 'EWRporta_Portal'">
                                <h1>Your Desired H1 title</h1>
                                <xen:else />
                                    <h1><xen:if
                                        is="{$h1}">{xen:raw $h1}<xen:elseif
                                        is="{$title}" />{xen:raw $title}<xen:else
                                        />{$xenOptions.boardTitle}</xen:if>                                                                   
                                                              </h1>
                                </xen:if>

I am already using this modification on my forum so its 100% working ...

I hope its what you are looking for.

The steps do not show any examples on how to add multiple feeds into the search field. I have tried a couple of combinations but so far i am at a loss as to how to add more than one feed.

Try this format for your search ctiteria
Code:
webcomics OR comics

I just installed this a couple days ago and I've been trying to tweak it but can't seem to find the template or a style property for it. My font is showing up too big and giving the news a smushed look, and the date is being pushed into a vertical position. The slider text is also running out of its container.

xenporta_font.webp

Is the only way to fix this by adding css to my extra.css?

I just installed this a couple days ago and I've been trying to tweak it but can't seem to find the template or a style property for it. My font is showing up too big and giving the news a smushed look, and the date is being pushed into a vertical position. The slider text is also running out of its container.
View attachment 31502

Is the only way to fix this by adding css to my extra.css?

Try to play with Slide Height and Slide Width ... and there is a CSS file related to this block for sure.

is it possible to get my recent news block to show in the middle of the portal instead of the side, and possibly change the width?

Yes and i got it all working, its just my blocks look tacky on the top, and now im trying to find a way to switch to a default block look :P but im not sure if you guys could help me there haha.

Personally I am using a fully customized templates for this addon and I have to say that this so easy customizing the EWR templates...

Hi guys,

I've been searching for this, but can't seem to find the answer. A few people asked about it a few pages back but no answer was posted.

For my news items, I'd like to have categories I can select for the articles. Xenporta's description says it has categories but I can't find how to make or use them, and it's not in the FAQ. I'd also like each category to have it's own URL (I assume it does by default) that could be linked to in order to filter the results and only display posts tagged with that category. Any idea how to do this?

Personally I am using a fully customized templates for this addon and I have to say that this so easy customizing the EWR templates...
I'm sure i can do the same but i'm new to xenforo, and still have yet to find the things i can and cant touch without destroying my website haha

StatusUpdates block displays two latest posts regardless what settings I have .. please advise.

I would like to increase displayed updates

StatusUpdates block displays two latest posts regardless what settings I have .. please advise.

I would like to increase displayed updates
This is what my settings look like, and its working fine, hope this helps
L7dG0.png

Hi, I've recently installed XenPorta on my forum and in general, it works great. The main reason I got it was because it made managing my side bar on the index easy to manage. I have two questions/issues though.

1) In the following image, I'd like the circled 'Home' links to point to my forum index, which is located at universityforums.net. I don't want either of them to point to the portal page, as I have no use for the portal page (every block I want to add is in my side bar on the index). Alternatively, and only if the above is not possible, I'd like to have a way to remove those home links and let Forums be the first link in the tabs and the navigation bar (both circled areas).

2) Where can I find more blocks to add? I tried adding just a regular sidebar add on but that didn't work, so I assume the code needs specifically coded blocks in order for them to be added. Where can I find such blocks, if they even exist?

Thanks in advance for your help. :)

Hi, I've recently installed XenPorta on my forum and in general, it works great. The main reason I got it was because it made managing my side bar on the index easy to manage. I have two questions/issues though.

1) In the following image, I'd like the circled 'Home' links to point to my forum index, which is located at universityforums.net. I don't want either of them to point to the portal page, as I have no use for the portal page (every block I want to add is in my side bar on the index). Alternatively, and only if the above is not possible, I'd like to have a way to remove those home links and let Forums be the first link in the tabs and the navigation bar (both circled areas).

2) Where can I find more blocks to add? I tried adding just a regular sidebar add on but that didn't work, so I assume the code needs specifically coded blocks in order for them to be added. Where can I find such blocks, if they even exist?

Thanks in advance for your help. :)
I think you may have missed the image, but this is what I could make of it.

1. In XenPorta options, disable "Set as index controller" and "Show Navigation Tab?".
Now go to your XenForo options > Basic Board Information, and put in "Home Page URL" the URL you want for your Home tab.

2. You should be able to find some extra official add ons in your library\EWRporta\XML_Addons folder.

Ah yeah, forgot the image, but you seem to have figured it out. :P

I've removed the Home link now, but I'm stuck at the part where I add my own home page url. Like I said, I want to display the Home link, but I want it to point to universityforums.net (the same that my Forums link is pointing to) simply because it looks better to have the Home link there. when I put universityforums.net in as my home link, it makes the link universityforums.net/universityforums.net which of course renders an error. Any ideas?

As for #2, thanks, I'll check those out. :)

I am trying these & stuck at the moment :

1. Trying to create a side box module for ad space. How can i create it & install this?
2. I want to have a side box module just like Recent Threads but the content should be of RSS feed i supply.

Kindly guide me how can i achieve.

Top Bottom