[8WR] XenPorta (Portal)

[8WR] XenPorta (Portal) 1.6.0

No permission to download
I am trying these & stuck at the moment :

1. Trying to create a side box module for ad space. How can i create it & install this?
2. I want to have a side box module just like Recent Threads but the content should be of RSS feed i supply.

Kindly guide me how can i achieve.

Look into this plugin: http://xenforo.com/community/resources/add-an-rss-feed-block-to-the-sidebar.341/
Then use the HyperHTML block and insert "<xen:include template="cta_rss_feed_sidebar" /> "

Customize Blocks... Is the option for users to "Customize Blocks" been removed?
I no longer see this option...

Checked Porta permissions per use / user group...

Is there a link somewhere? Icon on the block?

OK, got it...

Since I have the "double HOME" tabs - I hid the Nav Tab...
But that also hides the "Customize this page link"

Is there a better option to hide the OOTB Home tab and use Porta's?

Home > Options > Basic Board Information

Leave the
Home Page URL box empty, your second Home tab should be gone.

Edit: i have no clue why my messages are bugging out on me but that should fix the double home tab, worked for me.

Home > Options > Basic Board Information Leave the Home Page URL box empty, your second Home tab should be gone. Edit: i have no clue why my messages are bugging out on me but that should fix the double home tab, worked for me.

Thanks! Totally missed that...

Okay, so i sort of figured out the category issue... I wasn't running the latest version. I now see categories but I have one issue and a few questions. When viewing the existing news item, there is an option to edit categories. When I click this,I get this: "You do not have permission to view this page or perform this action."

I'm logged in as an administrator - why might this be? Also, is it possible to assign multiple categories to an entry, or better yet, sub-categories (two levels deep)?

Hi,

I cannot change settings of RecentNews and RecentThread. Whenever I click on those in XenPorta->Blocks, it shows me below error (I use 1.5.1). Please help.

An exception occurred: Array to string conversion in /home/talkknow/public_html/library/XenForo/Model/Node.php on line 1255
  1. XenForo_Application::handlePhpError()
  2. strval() in XenForo/Model/Node.php at line 1255
  3. XenForo_Model_Node->getNodeOptionsArray() in EWRporta/Option/ForumChooser.php at line 16
  4. EWRporta_Option_ForumChooser::renderOption()
  5. call_user_func() in XenForo/ViewAdmin/Helper/Option.php at line 327
  6. XenForo_ViewAdmin_Helper_Option::_renderCallbackOptionHtml() in XenForo/ViewAdmin/Helper/Option.php at line 71
  7. XenForo_ViewAdmin_Helper_Option::renderPreparedOptionHtml() in XenForo/ViewAdmin/Helper/Option.php at line 33
  8. XenForo_ViewAdmin_Helper_Option::renderPreparedOptionsHtml() in EWRporta/ViewAdmin/BlockOptions.php at line 21
  9. EWRporta_ViewAdmin_BlockOptions->renderHtml() in XenForo/ViewRenderer/Abstract.php at line 215
  10. XenForo_ViewRenderer_Abstract->renderViewObject() in XenForo/ViewRenderer/HtmlAdmin.php at line 63
  11. XenForo_ViewRenderer_HtmlAdmin->renderView() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 533
  12. XenForo_FrontController->renderView() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 156
  13. XenForo_FrontController->run() in /home/talkknow/public_html/admin.php at line 13

Excuse me if this has been asked before, I couldn't find my answer in the search...
Using the recent News block, I have two forums that contain news items. One is for everyone and can be viewed by everyone, the other forum has special permission and is set as private node.
Testing with two messages, one in each forum, they both come up at the front page on the recent-news block if I'm logged in (as expected), but they also do so when I'm logged out (not expected). I'd expect the new-item from the private-node forum to be hidden if the viewer doesn't have the right credentials for it?

Is this a setting somewhere? Sounds quite elementary?

Is there a way to stop the news block removing the first media item? It's so annoying!

If like me you removed the avatar block on the recent news module and wanted to stop the news posts still removing the first included media there is no option to - it's hard coded. You can remove it by commenting out this section on recentnews module:

Code:
/*

if ($post['promote_icon'] != 'disabled')

{

switch ($post['promote_icon'])

{

case 'avatar':        $post['showIcon'] = true;                                                        break;

case 'attach':        if ($post['attach'] = $this->getAttach($post)) { $post['showIcon'] = true; }    break;

case 'image':        if ($post['image'] = $this->getImage($post)) { $post['showIcon'] = true; }        break;

case 'medio':        if ($post['medio'] = $this->getMedio($post)) { $post['showIcon'] = true; }        break;

}

if (empty($post['showIcon']))

{

$post = $this->getDefault($post);

}

}*/

I'm using two sidebars. Does anyone know how I can set them to different widths? They both appear to use .sidebar.

This question may have already been asked, but I was wondering if there was a way to not show the dates on the front page for news? Essentially hide the dates of the posts until they click into that specific story on your forum.

I'm coming across several problems and am struggling to make the customization I need with XenPorta. If someone's interested in helping answer my questions (I have about half a dozen) I'd be willing to pay you something for your time, or offer a link on one of my sites. Please PM me.

Tried installing this. Getting this:

Code:
An exception occurred: Array to string conversion in /home/rpgdir/public_html/xentest/library/XenForo/Model/Node.php on line 1255

XenForo_Application::handlePhpError()
strval() in XenForo/Model/Node.php at line 1255
XenForo_Model_Node->getNodeOptionsArray() in EWRporta/Option/ForumChooser.php at line 16
EWRporta_Option_ForumChooser::renderOption()
call_user_func() in XenForo/ViewAdmin/Helper/Option.php at line 327
XenForo_ViewAdmin_Helper_Option::_renderCallbackOptionHtml() in XenForo/ViewAdmin/Helper/Option.php at line 71
XenForo_ViewAdmin_Helper_Option::renderPreparedOptionHtml() in XenForo/ViewAdmin/Helper/Option.php at line 33
XenForo_ViewAdmin_Helper_Option::renderPreparedOptionsHtml() in EWRporta/ViewAdmin/BlockOptions.php at line 21
EWRporta_ViewAdmin_BlockOptions->renderHtml() in XenForo/ViewRenderer/Abstract.php at line 215
XenForo_ViewRenderer_Abstract->renderViewObject() in XenForo/ViewRenderer/HtmlAdmin.php at line 63
XenForo_ViewRenderer_HtmlAdmin->renderView() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 533
XenForo_FrontController->renderView() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 156
XenForo_FrontController->run() in /home/rpgdir/public_html/xentest/admin.php at line 13

Have two suggestions / requests:

Could it be possible to choose the first image displayed in the article as the slider image if a name is not set for the default slider image? This would help when pulling in RSS articles.

Second (and this one could be a paid module)

I would like to create a 'sponsored article or post' in the recent news block. You can choose which position it is in (lets say article 3 or 4 or as many as you want) and you would create a News Like post but point it to whatever your advertiser wants. If it is possible to make it random in the list as well that would be awesome because people would be less likely to ignore it.

Top Bottom