[8WR] XenPorta (Portal)

[8WR] XenPorta (Portal) 1.6.0

No permission to download
This is conflicting with Merc Donation add-on, I had to re-install Merc donation .xml file after install the Portal to get it back working, but it still conflicts with the admin donation module.

I'm not using the donation block that comes with the Portal at all!

For some reason I'm getting this. I promoted a thread in a different forum than the usual one. Then moved it around and nothing is changing it's position as first for some reaosn.
OmBd

Newb questions:

1) How can I view categories that I add? is there a way to put them in a sideblock so members can browse thru the portals categories?

2) How can I create a thread that looks like an article? Where the article is on top, sidebar on right and comments below? Because currently all recent news just links to recent threads within the forum section...

thx!

For some reason I'm getting this. I promoted a thread in a different forum than the usual one. Then moved it around and nothing is changing it's position as first for some reaosn.

Check to see if the post at the top is a sticky thread. There is an option to disable sticky threads for RecentNews.

Is there a way to add a layout for a xenforo page/node? I've tried using the forum-id way but that must not be it :)

Does anyone know if it's possible to have the "AddThis" social media sharing buttons (I.e. lots of them) on items posted to the RecentNews block? At the moment I just have Twitter, FB and Google +1, however I'd like to have Reddit, Digg and all the others as well.

Example:
http://www.hackslashrepeat.com/

Then go to any post, for example:
http://www.hackslashrepeat.com/threads/finally-inferno-crap-inferno.992/

And click "Share" - bottom right hand corner of each post.

EDIT: Just realised that there is a "EWRblock_SharePage" template, HOWEVER even with the AddThis code in the share_page and sidebar_share_page templates, I still can't get the AddThis stuff to appear on the RecentNews Block? Am I looking in the wrong spot?

EDIT2: Ok, my train of thought was way off. I need to modify EWRblock_RecentNews, but what do I need to add? Read this for the code that has worked in the other areas:
http://xenforo.com/community/resources/add-addthis-button-to-share-this-page-section.649/

EDIT3: Ok, I've tried adding the code under:

Code:
                <div class="sectionFooter">
                    <xen:if is="{$option.social}">
                        <xen:if hascontent="true">
                            <div class="sharePage">
                                <xen:require css="share_page.css" />

<xen:contentcheck>

However, when I go to Share whatever news post I have selected, the share only comes out as a generic "site share", i.e. not specific to the news post, only a share for the website root (www.hackslashrepeat.com).

Any ideas?
Bump ;)

Hi,

I cannot change settings of RecentNews and RecentThread. Whenever I click on those in XenPorta->Blocks, it shows me below error (I use 1.5.1). Please help.

An exception occurred: Array to string conversion in /home/talkknow/public_html/library/XenForo/Model/Node.php on line 1255
  1. XenForo_Application::handlePhpError()
  2. strval() in XenForo/Model/Node.php at line 1255
  3. XenForo_Model_Node->getNodeOptionsArray() in EWRporta/Option/ForumChooser.php at line 16
  4. EWRporta_Option_ForumChooser::renderOption()
  5. call_user_func() in XenForo/ViewAdmin/Helper/Option.php at line 327
  6. XenForo_ViewAdmin_Helper_Option::_renderCallbackOptionHtml() in XenForo/ViewAdmin/Helper/Option.php at line 71
  7. XenForo_ViewAdmin_Helper_Option::renderPreparedOptionHtml() in XenForo/ViewAdmin/Helper/Option.php at line 33
  8. XenForo_ViewAdmin_Helper_Option::renderPreparedOptionsHtml() in EWRporta/ViewAdmin/BlockOptions.php at line 21
  9. EWRporta_ViewAdmin_BlockOptions->renderHtml() in XenForo/ViewRenderer/Abstract.php at line 215
  10. XenForo_ViewRenderer_Abstract->renderViewObject() in XenForo/ViewRenderer/HtmlAdmin.php at line 63
  11. XenForo_ViewRenderer_HtmlAdmin->renderView() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 533
  12. XenForo_FrontController->renderView() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 156
  13. XenForo_FrontController->run() in /home/talkknow/public_html/admin.php at line 13

Tried installing this. Getting this:

Code:
An exception occurred: Array to string conversion in /home/rpgdir/public_html/xentest/library/XenForo/Model/Node.php on line 1255

XenForo_Application::handlePhpError()
strval() in XenForo/Model/Node.php at line 1255
XenForo_Model_Node->getNodeOptionsArray() in EWRporta/Option/ForumChooser.php at line 16
EWRporta_Option_ForumChooser::renderOption()
call_user_func() in XenForo/ViewAdmin/Helper/Option.php at line 327
XenForo_ViewAdmin_Helper_Option::_renderCallbackOptionHtml() in XenForo/ViewAdmin/Helper/Option.php at line 71
XenForo_ViewAdmin_Helper_Option::renderPreparedOptionHtml() in XenForo/ViewAdmin/Helper/Option.php at line 33
XenForo_ViewAdmin_Helper_Option::renderPreparedOptionsHtml() in EWRporta/ViewAdmin/BlockOptions.php at line 21
EWRporta_ViewAdmin_BlockOptions->renderHtml() in XenForo/ViewRenderer/Abstract.php at line 215
XenForo_ViewRenderer_Abstract->renderViewObject() in XenForo/ViewRenderer/HtmlAdmin.php at line 63
XenForo_ViewRenderer_HtmlAdmin->renderView() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 533
XenForo_FrontController->renderView() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 156
XenForo_FrontController->run() in /home/rpgdir/public_html/xentest/admin.php at line 13

Did either of you get a fix for this? I'm getting this on my local install now when trying to edit the recent threads block settings

How do i get the RecentSlider as your demo?
In my slider there is a "thumbnail" picture right in the headline, and the "big picture" is very big, or doesn't scale so another question does that picture need to be that size i define in the settings?

I'm experiencing a re-occurring problem with the recent news block in XenPorta.

This happens intermittently, and usually when I post a new article. Basically, the recent news article feed on the homepage will complete disappear! Instead of looking at the most recent 5 articles, there will be 0 displayed, despite me just posting a new one one.

I current have "Show to Selected Usergroups" selected, with none selected (below it says it will still be shown to all users) in the Recent News block. I experience the same problem if I have all usergroups selected. If I resave the Recent News block, even without making changes, this fixes the issue and makes the recent news show up as it should - until it happens again. Is this a bug of some kind?

- Also, I just discovered that despite having the recent news set to visible to all usergroups, when a non-administrative user clicks the title of the article or the "read more" link, they receive a permissions error. I can't seem to figure this out... the permissions seem to be set correctly!

How do i get the RecentSlider as your demo?
In my slider there is a "thumbnail" picture right in the headline, and the "big picture" is very big, or doesn't scale so another question does that picture need to be that size i define in the settings?
If I understand your question properly ... I guess you cannot have RecentSlider in Xenforo demo ... there are extra files need to be uploaded and installed, and I don't think you will get that access.

About picture size, yes, you need to make the picture same size as you defined in your recentslider settings. This plugin cannot automatically scale the image.

Does anyone know if it's possible to have the "AddThis" social media sharing buttons (I.e. lots of them) on items posted to the RecentNews block? At the moment I just have Twitter, FB and Google +1, however I'd like to have Reddit, Digg and all the others as well.

Example:
http://www.hackslashrepeat.com/

Then go to any post, for example:
http://www.hackslashrepeat.com/threads/finally-inferno-crap-inferno.992/

And click "Share" - bottom right hand corner of each post.

EDIT: Just realised that there is a "EWRblock_SharePage" template, HOWEVER even with the AddThis code in the share_page and sidebar_share_page templates, I still can't get the AddThis stuff to appear on the RecentNews Block? Am I looking in the wrong spot?

EDIT2: Ok, my train of thought was way off. I need to modify EWRblock_RecentNews, but what do I need to add? Read this for the code that has worked in the other areas:
http://xenforo.com/community/resources/add-addthis-button-to-share-this-page-section.649/

EDIT3: Ok, I've tried adding the code under:

Code:
                <div class="sectionFooter">
                    <xen:if is="{$option.social}">
                        <xen:if hascontent="true">
                            <div class="sharePage">
                                <xen:require css="share_page.css" />

<xen:contentcheck>

However, when I go to Share whatever news post I have selected, the share only comes out as a generic "site share", i.e. not specific to the news post, only a share for the website root (www.hackslashrepeat.com).

Any ideas?
Second bump - please help!

Top Bottom