[8WR] XenPorta (Portal)

[8WR] XenPorta (Portal) 1.6.0

No permission to download
That'll likely be because you have caching for the Recent News block (assuming that this is what you are using) switched on for 5 hours or so.

In the Admin panel, go to Blocks > RecentNews and in the settings, either switch off Block Cache Time (which I have done) or set it for a shorter time. You may want to check the other blocks too if you want shorter or no caching for them too.
I've set it to 10 minutes. But still, the posts take a very long time to appear on front page.

@Jaxon
There is a problem with the recent attachment block.
the block shows attachments from privat forums to all forum members.

found it.

Ah! Can someone help, I have no idea how to get this twitter feed block working! *pulling my hair out*. I've tried all kinds of search queries.
The Facebook box also doesn't update when I put the FB page in, I assume this is because it doesn't have short URL as we don't have the required 25 likes.

Caching has been turned off for both these blocks.

Ah! Can someone help, I have no idea how to get this twitter feed block working! *pulling my hair out*. I've tried all kinds of search queries.
In my case, I am pulling in a feed from one account. If that is what you want to do, he's my setup...

Admin Home>Blocks>Twitter

I have from:twitteraccountyouwant in the search query.

For Facebook, it's Admin Home>Blocks>Facebook

You only put your Profile ID in the first block. It's in the url of your Group Page. Mine is 11 digits.

Yea it's a little strange, I did actually have the FB block working but after updating to 1.5.7 it reverted back and no matter what I change it remains the same. Almost like it's hard coded lol

Can someone tell me what tables the mods make? I need to manually re-add them because of some issues I'm having and I dont know what tables get created or their settings.

Is it possible to have the recent thread block not display embedded videos, or atleast a way to force a break in whats being displayed?

Great add-on btw!

Now, it might be my fault, and it might have already been said with a fix on here, and I tried to search it up via xenforo's search, to no luck.
So here it is - My Online Users "block" (came with Xenporta) for whatever reason is putting in an extra comma inbetween user's names....
extracomma2.png

and, when not hovering over it, it looks like
extracomma.png

I even put a little red arrow to help see it better! :)

Every time I click on the Portal link the portal page hijacks my xf_session cookie and I am logged out. If I try to log in on the portal page once I refresh the page the same thing happens. If I am logged into the forum like normal the session stays just fine. I can visit XenMedio just fine as well. Just the portal page and the articles forum I set up for the front page articles. In a nut shell there is no way to stay logged in on the portal page. Seems like it is generating a new session ID every time I go there.

Has anyone here experienced this or have a solution to this?

Oh other info this is a fresh install of Xenforo 1.1.4 and the latest Xenporta which I also just installed. Trying to get my site switched over from Vbulletin tonight.

Any help is much appreciated.

Actually I just realized that this only happens when I am using the secure version of my site "https". Any reason this would be happening? I was planning on moving my site to being https all the time.

Also, I have read through this thread quite a bit and noticed people have asked this question so please don't bash. I just haven't seen the solution that I am looking for and if I missed it please redirect me to that post.

I would like my site to be like 8wayrun.com.
Portal located at root domain: 8wayrun.com
Forum located at: 8wayrun.com/forum

Is there a way to do this? Is he using .htaccess file with overwrites?

Thank you.

I actually figured out the above with friendly urls and rewrites the other question about the secure logout thing though. Help would greatly be appreciated.

For Facebook, it's Admin Home>Blocks>Facebook

You only put your Profile ID in the first block. It's in the url of your Group Page. Mine is 11 digits.

I tried it with my short url, long url and only the digits.
None work, all of them display Soul Calibur.

Edit:

It is hardcoded in the template "EWRblock_FaceBook" and the option in the Block does nothing.
Just change the url in the template and its working.

I'm currently using FlexileDark but I am wondering what other styles work with the portal well?

Jaxel you have Core Light installed, I know you had to modify it a little but to what extent? Can you make the modifications available?

If anyone has a Twitter.xml block that works, would they mind posting the code here please. I've tried many combinations of the search variable and tried a few tweaks to code but still an empty box on my drum forum. I notice its working on 8wayrun site so not sure whats going on. Thanks

Yup, but not THAT much higher.
We might have on average of .. 5-10 .. guests online at any one time, a combination of search engine bots, and spammers registering ... but I think at some point something screwed up and it spiked up the 'user record'. Any ideas how to reset it??
@Jaxel - any help on this one?

I have put a 160 x 600 Google Adsense ad in the Top Left on my XenPorta Page, using the included AdSense block, however the with of the block is about double the size of the google ad.

How do I change the width of this block (and its the only thing on the left side of the screen) so that it is smaller.

Thanks!

Top Bottom