[8WR] XenPorta (Portal)

[8WR] XenPorta (Portal) 1.6.0

No permission to download
When i try to promote thread, this exception showup on the screen... however, it does promote the article... i would like to know how to suppress such kind of exceptions? Please advice.

My server has PHP version 5.3.22 :: MySQL version 5.5.30-cII

Thanks.
Same error here;
Code:
An exception occurred: Mysqli statement execute error : Incorrect arguments to mysqld_stmt_execute in /home/god10000/domains/godesu.com/public_html/library/Zend/Db/Statement/Mysqli.php on line 214

Zend_Db_Statement_Mysqli->_execute() in Zend/Db/Statement.php at line 297
    Zend_Db_Statement->execute() in Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php at line 479
    Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->query() in Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php at line 734
    Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->fetchAll() in EWRporta/Block/RecentNews.php at line 38
    EWRporta_Block_RecentNews->getModule() in EWRporta/Model/Blocks.php at line 116
    EWRporta_Model_Blocks->getBlockParams() in EWRporta/ViewPublic/Custom.php at line 71
    EWRporta_ViewPublic_Custom->renderHtml() in XenForo/ViewRenderer/Abstract.php at line 217
    XenForo_ViewRenderer_Abstract->renderViewObject() in XenForo/ViewRenderer/HtmlPublic.php at line 67
    XenForo_ViewRenderer_HtmlPublic->renderView() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 533
    XenForo_FrontController->renderView() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 156
    XenForo_FrontController->run() in /home/god10000/domains/godesu.com/public_html/index.php at line 13

I have installed the attachment block. very nice.
but can anyone tell me how the arrows at left and right work?
they seem to have no function for me.

and how can i delete them?

Attachments

• attachment.webp
    attachment.webp
    6.8 KB · Views: 29
I have installed the attachment block. very nice.
but can anyone tell me how the arrows at left and right work?
they seem to have no function for me.

and how can i delete them?

how many images are you trying to display?? the arrows let you scroll left and right to gain access to images out of view.

how many images are you trying to display?? the arrows let you scroll left and right to gain access to images out of view.

i can show 8 at the time and have tested it with 25 to scroll.
but nothing happens.
neverless, i want to delete them :) , because they are ugly. :whistle:

gallery.webp

here is what I am trying to do with my prev and next carousel buttons... I have placed the BOTH to the right, where I will also have a third button on the bottom. This will direct to recent-attachements gallery.

~peace

hover.webp

I would like to see modification where you hover over image and you get TWO options... magnify icon take you to lightbox, and pagelink icon takes you to referenced post or article.

why would anyone want to display thumbnails of all the message attachments?? I mean come on now, really???? I would propose some sort of selection option made available
  1. how about the first post only in a particular thread.
  2. use the LIKE system, selection based upon votes tabulation of some sort
  3. let the moderator select via moderator tools
Well, we can already accomplish the third option right now. when you find a post with a file attachement that you want to display, select it via moderator tools and move it to a destination that has been previously designated for your RecentAtachments block

Is a tutorial available for XenPorta? I have it installed and I am having trouble. I thought it was configured correctly. After a day, it no longer displays properly.

I have it installed at what I believe is the XenForo root, ie: www.name.com/forum

I would like to understand how to select the various settings and options. If I can't get it to work, I'll just start using pmwiki as a portal page.

Thanks, Jeff

This is only a normal (static) webpage with links on it.You can use a javascript or an image map for doing this kind of pages

Is there a way to include a Thread Prefix automatically in the title of the RecentFeatures... feature... ? I.e. I have some Registered RSS feeds set up for a gaming website, that have an automatic thread prefix applied (as the name of the game) so you can search by games (thread prefixes). However the game name itself does not show up in the title, because it is actually a Thread Prefix, and not part of the actual thread title.

http://www.hackslashrepeat.com/

Question: Why does it take 4-5 hours for promoted post to appear on the front page?
That'll likely be because you have caching for the Recent News block (assuming that this is what you are using) switched on for 5 hours or so.

In the Admin panel, go to Blocks > RecentNews and in the settings, either switch off Block Cache Time (which I have done) or set it for a shorter time. You may want to check the other blocks too if you want shorter or no caching for them too.

Top Bottom