[8WR] XenPorta (Portal)

[8WR] XenPorta (Portal) 1.6.0

No permission to download
I would like to change the RecentThreads block so that it shows tha avatar from the lastposter instead of the threadstarter.

I have tried to change the following in the template for EWRblock_RecentThreads
to: <xen:avatar user="$thread.lastPostInfo" size="s" img="true" />
But that was just a wild guess and dident work.

Anyone who has any idea how to do this?

1. ACP >Home> Blocks >Installed Blocks
Make sure you have installed RecentNews block

2. ACP >Home> Blocks > RecentNews
Select the News Source Forum(s) and configure the block

3. ACP Home > Options > [8wayRun.Com] XenPorta (Portal)

Globalized Custom Layouts
Tick Article (article-# > article > portal)
Categories (articles-#slug > articles > portal)

4. ACP Home > Layouts >Layout: PORTAL

Drop RecentNews block in "Position: Mid-Right"

Go to your Home page and make sure that RecentNews block working as you want. Your articles has now an article layout.

5. ACP Home > Categories + Create New Category

Create New Category sport and news (this is an example only)

6. Go back to your article and at the bottom of the article is "Categories: Uncategorized" Click "Edit" and add articles to one of just created category "news" or "sport".

Go to yourdomain.com/articles/sport/ or yourdomain.com/articles/news/ to access the pages.

7. ACP Home > Layouts + Install Layout
Customized Layouts

Select Layout "articles" and id news.
Save it and you will be redirected to ACP Home> Layouts> Layout: ARTICLES-NEWS

Customize the layout whatever you like for news.

Access link: yourdomain.com/articles/news/

8. Same as 7 just use the id "sport".

Customize the layout whatever you like for sport.

Access link: yourdomain.com/articles/sport/
Brilliant, thanks boban :)

One more question, if I may. I have a number of gaming related RSS feeds that make up all the news on my front page. Is there a way to automatically categorize all posts by a certain user, or in a certain forum, so that I don't have to manually do it every time one is posted by one of my post bots?

I want to have a drop down "News" menu link where readers can click on a specific game (category) to view only the news associated with that game.

Hello, I have installed xenportal 1.5.5 and I have the following problem:
configure the block with my twitter account and does not work, I mean, no new tweets appear, however if I put another direction if it works, I think it's something twetter configuration but it can not be.
I do not want to use widgest
Thank you very much and I hope some help.

I'm not sure why my promoted threads aren't appearing on the front page? I've selected one forum in the RecentNews block and all the threads in that forum appear on front page. But if a thread is posted in some other forum and I 'promote' it, it does not appear on the front page. What am I doing wrong?

Is there a way to put status' in the side bar with XenPorta? I like the current set us but would like the status updates. I installed Xenporta but I am not a fan of how it goes everywhere and completely gets rid of my already installed sidebars, i know i can add blocks to it but i do not wish to go through all of that.. I was looking around resource but there is so much, it is hard to find.

Hey all,

I am new to XF and xenPorta... Now i am using this addon so i can have a front-page rather than having the forums set as the main page for my project...

Now what i am wondering is how would i go about creating a custom block that would allow me

I really just need the sidebar and one main front page block where i can add custom HTML / CSS so that i have complete control over the content on the front page.. As i am new to XF i really don't know where to begin..

Would i be better off paying someone to create me a addon that is similar to xenPorta.. in the sense that it makes the "Home" tab the main page and has the "Forums" under "/forum/" ?

Thanks in advance to anyone who can assist me with this, I really do appreciate any assistance / feedback on this matter.

Regards, Darren

Download a few custom blocks to see how they work.

Hey mate.. Where would i find these ? Sorry to annoy you.. Like i said i am new to XF.. Give me a few weeks working with Xf and i'll be providing other people assistance.. but for now i am still trying to wrap my head around this xenPorta addon.

Thanks again for your help.

Regards, Darren

New ? I seen u around before. You aren't that fresh.

Something here must be helpful.
http://xenforo.com/community/threads/xenporta-user-guide-and-faq.24241/

Not new.. Just I sold my old XF license not long after purchasing it and never really got to have a good look at the XF coding I was only playing around with Styles (this was my first ever XF stye: http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=166k95x&s=7 ) I hope to be releasing XF styles within a few weeks, just need to get my head around XF first... Now that the XF lawsuit is over and the development of XF is going forward i am going to focus on XF :)

Thanks again for your help.

Regards, Darren

OK.. I got the blocks part sussed out now, Thanks for your help !!

I have one more little issue i need to address and am hoping someone can help me out with this one... I need to create a new layout.. I want this layout to have 2 sections.. a Main area and a sidebar.. A HUGE THANKS in advance to anyone who can help me out with this one...

I noticed that when in the AdminCP / xenPorta / Layouts <--- clicking this leads me to a page where i can upload / import a layout.. Could anyone create a layout for me consisting of a main area and a sidebar ? or point me in the right direction as to where i can download one or a guide to create my own. Thanks very much to anyone who takes the time to assist me with this.

Regards, Darren

Hi Guys,
I am new to xenForo and I am setting up a forum for a gaming community that is a client of mine. The reason I am here is because I seem to be having some issues setting up the home page portal (it is blank).

I was wondering if anyone would be able to assist me in setting up the home page so that only selected posts appear.

Examples would be I guess the 8wayrun.com website and empire.us.

I would appreciate any help that can be provided.

Thanks.

If anyone wants to take a look at the error message, I'll add it right here as I deactivated the slider for now:
Anyone ever figure out the reason for the error code on Recent Slider?

Code:
[SIZE=11px][FONT=Arial][COLOR=#434343]jQuery(document).ready(function() { $("#recentSlider").tabs({fx:{opacity: "toggle"}}).tabs("rotate", 5000, true); $("#recentSlider").hover(function() { $("#recentSlider").tabs("rotate", 0, true); }, function() { $("#recentSlider").tabs("rotate", 5000, true); }); $("#recentSlider .excerpt").hide(); $("#recentSlider").hover(function() { $("#recentSlider .excerpt").slideDown(); }, function() { $("#recentSlider .excerpt").hide(); }); });

I'm using the latest version of xenPorta. Viewing with Chrome for mac.

Anyone ever figure out the reason for the error code on Recent Slider?

Code:
[SIZE=11px][FONT=Arial][COLOR=#434343]jQuery(document).ready(function() { $("#recentSlider").tabs({fx:{opacity: "toggle"}}).tabs("rotate", 5000, true); $("#recentSlider").hover(function() { $("#recentSlider").tabs("rotate", 0, true); }, function() { $("#recentSlider").tabs("rotate", 5000, true); }); $("#recentSlider .excerpt").hide(); $("#recentSlider").hover(function() { $("#recentSlider .excerpt").slideDown(); }, function() { $("#recentSlider .excerpt").hide(); }); });

I'm using the latest version of xenPorta. Viewing with Chrome for mac.
Use de RecentFeatures instead. Recent Slider is deprecated. See a few posts above (or pages).

Salud2

Top Bottom