[8WR] XenPorta (Portal)

[8WR] XenPorta (Portal) 1.6.0

No permission to download
Got a funny one.. Whenever I put a block (any block) into the Mid-Right position, the title bar gets messed up. It doesn't happen with Mid-Left or any other block position, only Mid-Right. Does anyone know what file I might have accidentally changed, or what might be the culprit?

See attached screenshot.

Can anyone kindly check it out on theirs - Put a block in Mid-Right and tell me how the title comes out?
Is this on a live site that I can take a look at? I'm unable to reproduce on a default install.

That's not what I meant. I want this:

domain.com/"my category"/

and not this:

domain.com/article/"my category"

how can I get rid of the "article" before my category name in the URL?
Simply you can't. It needs article in order to know what controller to pass the information to. There is a way to do it as long as the categories don't match ANY other controller action, but that's not a good solution.

I want to make a category named "soccer-news" and it should be accessible by domain.com/soccer-news..
Correct, not as it currently is coded. You could setup a redirect that would go from domain.com/soccer-news to domain.com/articles/soccer-news

Got a funny one.. Whenever I put a block (any block) into the Mid-Right position, the title bar gets messed up. It doesn't happen with Mid-Left or any other block position, only Mid-Right. Does anyone know what file I might have accidentally changed, or what might be the culprit?

Can anyone kindly check it out on theirs - Put a block in Mid-Right and tell me how the title comes out?

Screenshot:
Untitled-2.jpg

Bump :)

Screenshot:

I responded to you Greg. My site has the Recent News Block in the mid-right position. No such problems.

Also on my dev site:

http://dev.valvetime.net/

I have put loads in the mid-right position and everything is fine.

I would check your style sheets to see if there's anything in the "midRightBlocks" class which could be causing this.

The style on your site is made up of a collection of Templates which are a combination of CSS (Cascading Style Sheets) and HTML files. They are all available in the Templates section of your admin CP. The style sheets all end in .CSS.

As an aside, XenForo also includes Style Properties which essentially provide a graphical user interface for tweaking things like settings, colours and other elements you would find in CSS.

Screenshot

Yeah to echo simbolo: If you have a live site we can look at and you can add that block to the centre then we'll happily take a look for you.

Hi
I'm having the problem that the recent news block isnt working for me.
I added this to the minecraft theme from erik:
At the absolute bottom of "thread_view"
Code:
<xen:hook name="thread_view_share_after" params="{xen:array 'thread={$thread}'}" />
At the absolute bottom of "forum_view"
Code:
<xen:hook name="forum_view_pagenav_after" params="{xen:array 'forum={$forum}'}" />

So the bottom of my forum_view:

PHP:
    <xen:pagenav link="forums" linkdata="{$forum}" linkparams="{$pageNavParams}" page="{$page}" perpage="{$threadsPerPage}" total="{$totalThreads}" />
</div>
<xen:hook name="forum_view_pagenav_after" params="{xen:array 'forum={$forum}'}" />
So the bottom of my thread_view looks like:
PHP:
<xen:hook name="thread_view_qr_after" params="{xen:array 'thread={$thread}'}" />

{xen:raw $threadStatusHtml}

<xen:include template="share_page">
    <xen:set var="$url">{xen:link 'canonical:threads', $thread}</xen:set>
</xen:include>
<xen:hook name="thread_view_share_after" params="{xen:array 'thread={$thread}'}" />

This is my site http://unitforcesoft.com
I've created new threads(the recent threads block is working).
The RecentSlider block isnt working too.
I hope you can help me. One question does someone can help me set up xenporta, please? This would help me a lot. Someone manages to get xenporta to work and all blocks of xenporta on my website!
(I'm new to xenforo so i dont know everything about xenforo!)

No problems guys, appreciate your help. Live site is up at www.hackslashrepeat.com. Look for the Upcoming Events block under the Recent News block :)
In the "EWRporta_Portal" change
HTML:
<xen:if is="{$blocks.mid-right}">
<div class="midRightBlocks {xen:if '{$blocks.mid-left}', 'centerShift'}">
    <xen:foreach loop="$blocks.mid-right" value="$block">
        {xen:raw $block}
    </xen:foreach>
</div>
</xen:if>
To
HTML:
<xen:if is="{$blocks.mid-right}">
<div class="sidebar midRightBlocks {xen:if '{$blocks.mid-left}', 'centerShift'}">
    <xen:foreach loop="$blocks.mid-right" value="$block">
        {xen:raw $block}
    </xen:foreach>
</div>
</xen:if>
Somewhere along the line the class "sidebar" was removed.

Great, thanks Simbolo! So it would just be a matter of editting my "EWRporta_Portal" template and putting "sidebar" back in, as you have above?

It's strange though, I've never even opened that file, let alone edited it. Is it possible that the change could be somewhere else?

I got this error:

Code:
An exception occurred: Mysqli prepare error: You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near ') OR EWRporta_promotes.promote_date < ?) AND xf_thread.discussion_state = '' at line 11 in /home/biruboxc/public_html/library/Zend/Db/Statement/Mysqli.php on line 77

Zend_Db_Statement_Mysqli->_prepare() in Zend/Db/Statement.php at line 115
    Zend_Db_Statement->__construct() in Zend/Db/Adapter/Mysqli.php at line 381
    Zend_Db_Adapter_Mysqli->prepare() in Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php at line 478
    Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->query() in Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php at line 734
    Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->fetchAll() in EWRporta/Block/RecentNews.php at line 38
    EWRporta_Block_RecentNews->getModule() in EWRporta/Model/Blocks.php at line 116
    EWRporta_Model_Blocks->getBlockParams() in EWRporta/ViewPublic/Custom.php at line 71
    EWRporta_ViewPublic_Custom->renderHtml() in XenForo/ViewRenderer/Abstract.php at line 215
    XenForo_ViewRenderer_Abstract->renderViewObject() in XenForo/ViewRenderer/HtmlPublic.php at line 67
    XenForo_ViewRenderer_HtmlPublic->renderView() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 533
    XenForo_FrontController->renderView() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 156
    XenForo_FrontController->run() in /home/biruboxc/public_html/index.php at line 13

Also getting this when I try to uninstall in admin panel:

Code:
Missing argument 2 for EWRporta_Install::uninstallCode()

XenForo_Application::handlePhpError() in EWRporta/Install.php at line 176
    EWRporta_Install::uninstallCode() in XenForo/DataWriter/AddOn.php at line 193
    XenForo_DataWriter_AddOn->_postDelete() in XenForo/DataWriter.php at line 1738
    XenForo_DataWriter->delete() in XenForo/ControllerAdmin/AddOn.php at line 116
    XenForo_ControllerAdmin_AddOn->actionDelete() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 310
    XenForo_FrontController->dispatch() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 132
    XenForo_FrontController->run() in /home/biruboxc/public_html/admin.php at line 13

i have this problem too

Great, thanks Simbolo! So it would just be a matter of editting my "EWRporta_Portal" template and putting "sidebar" back in, as you have above?

It's strange though, I've never even opened that file, let alone edited it. Is it possible that the change could be somewhere else?
It's possible but in my default install it's the way that I specified and when I change it through inspector it fixes your issue. :) Just add sidebar and you should be good to go.

It's possible but in my default install it's the way that I specified and when I change it through inspector it fixes your issue. :) Just add sidebar and you should be good to go.

So my build had the sidebar missing also.

However it made no difference.

I'm having a very weird thing in that I can add, delete or move around blocks changing the layout........................................ and it will not make any visible changes. I've even unchecked every cache box under Xenporta settings I can find. Anyone else having issues with making changes to the block layouts etc. (p.s I haven't messed with the categories feature yet.)

Top Bottom