[8WR] XenPorta (Portal)

[8WR] XenPorta (Portal) 1.6.0

No permission to download
@luxus
try putting it in a right column
this way it takes the left and right
i found this after trial and error

Still no answer on the mediarecent block crooked and oversized thumbnail issue... :(
screen-shot-2012-05-14-at-4-36-38-pm-png.29567

from the screenshot it appears to be a simple css issue
or at the most a matter of changing the sizes of the image clips
do that and it will probably fix your problem.
It appears this way to me because looking at the bar at the top "recent videos" we can see it is smaller than the combined with of the image clips

I want to make a category named "soccer-news" and it should be accessable by domain.com/soccer-news.
Am I right with the assumption that this is not currently possible with XenPorta?

this is done simply by defining a new layout as above but not specifying a type and setting the id to whatever you want the new portal page to be named (e.g. news). This additional portal layout can then be accessed from /portal/{layout}/index (e.g. (/portal/news/index).

That can't be right because when I do that, it just sends me back to the main page.

screen-shot-2012-05-14-at-4-36-38-pm-png.29567

from the screenshot it appears to be a simple css issue
or at the most a matter of changing the sizes of the image clips
do that and it will probably fix your problem.
It appears this way to me because looking at the bar at the top "recent videos" we can see it is smaller than the combined with of the image clips
How do I change the thumbnail size? I can't really change the block size as it goes with my sites look

I do not use the block you are using however since the block are mostly stored in the /library/xenporta/blocks folder I would look there for the block in question, open it and search for the code where it inserts images.
You can view you current site source code and see if you can find a match with what is in the block.
For example if you media block images use a special class or the wrapper for them uses a special name, search for that in the block files code. change what you need and voila.

I want to make a category named "soccer-news" and it should be accessable by domain.com/soccer-news.
Am I right with the assumption that this is not currently possible with XenPorta?

works fine for me bt I dont put dashes in the name
I put Articles nad it works fine

1. create a category
2. create a new post, athte bottom click edit and add it to your created category

nowvisit your link and it should show it

That's not what I meant. I want this:

domain.com/"my category"/

and not this:

domain.com/article/"my category"

how can I get rid of the "article" before my category name in the URL?

Bump - Anyone got any ideas?

Yesterday my site was spitting out General errors and Database errors, which led to the site being down for a number of hours. After looking at the Error Log, I found the following:

Code:
Zend_Db_Statement_Mysqli_Exception: Mysqli statement execute error : Prepared statement needs to be re-prepared - library/Zend/Db/Statement/Mysqli.php:214
Generated By: xxxx, Yesterday at 8:13 AM
Stack Trace

#0 /home/hackslas/public_html/library/Zend/Db/Statement.php(297): Zend_Db_Statement_Mysqli->_execute(Array)
#1 /home/hackslas/public_html/library/Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php(479): Zend_Db_Statement->execute(Array)
#2 /home/hackslas/public_html/library/Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php(753): Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->query('????SELECT atta...', 3)
#3 /home/hackslas/public_html/library/XenForo/Model/Attachment.php(94): Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->fetchRow('????SELECT atta...', 3)
#4 /home/hackslas/public_html/library/XenForo/ControllerPublic/Attachment.php(299): XenForo_Model_Attachment->getAttachmentById(3)
#5 /home/hackslas/public_html/library/XenForo/ControllerPublic/Attachment.php(18): XenForo_ControllerPublic_Attachment->_getAttachmentOrError(3)
#6 /home/hackslas/public_html/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(310): XenForo_ControllerPublic_Attachment->actionIndex()
#7 /home/hackslas/public_html/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(132): XenForo_FrontController->dispatch(Object(XenForo_RouteMatch))
#8 /home/hackslas/public_html/index.php(13): XenForo_FrontController->run()
#9 {main}

Request State

array(3) {
["url"] => string(55) "http://www.xxxx.com/attachments/slide-jpg.3/"
["_GET"] => array(0) {
}
["_POST"] => array(0) {
}
}

Any suggestions? Seems to be something to do with the RecentSlider addon and/or it's thumbnail "slide.jpg" attachment...

in my case "article" is the category
so i have

mysite.com/article/my_article_title/
Yes, XenPorta allows you to have a category named article. But it doesn't seem to allow you to have a custom category without any pre-names before the actual category name.

Yes, XenPorta allows you to have a category named article. But it doesn't seem to allow you to have a custom category without any pre-names before the actual category name.

what do you mean by pre-names?

here look at my screenshots
ss1yz.png

ss2fr.png

Does anyone have a list of all the new/custom blocks that are compatible with the latest version of xenporta?
It is extremely difficult to search through all the posts in this thread and forums to find any and many seem to only work for certain versions.

That's how it looks here:
j3m82cis.png

Now when I access domain.com/soccer I get this:
h89dhv27.png

But when I access domain.com/articles/soccer then it works.

So how do I get rid of the "articles" before /soccer. I meant that by "pre-names".

You could create a route by creating a custom class.

or alternatively and much simpler, is to modify/create an htaccess file rule.
the htaccess rule would look something like this:

Code:
RewriteEngine  on
RewriteRule ^soccer/$ articles/soccer/
so now when you visit yoursite.com/soccer it will show whatever is in the "articles/soccer" category. At least in theory, I have not tested this and it may require some tweaking.

Do keep in mind though if you use this htaccess that it does not change any links in your site.
You will have to manually add your links to map to that path.

So if you have a tab in your navigation that links to "articles/soccer/" you should put that path as "soccer/"

Does anyone have a list of all the new/custom blocks that are compatible with the latest version of xenporta?
It is extremely difficult to search through all the posts in this thread and forums to find any and many seem to only work for certain versions.
Check the /library/EWRporta/XML_Addons folder of your installation.

Check the /library/EWRporta/XML_Addons folder of your installation.
Thanks but I mean besides those ones as I've already installed those.
People have been posting new ones in the xenporta thread and elsewhere and as I mentioned its difficult to track them down and know if they are even compatible.
Maybe we need a new thread just to keep track of them? :)

Top Bottom