[8WR] XenPorta (Portal)

[8WR] XenPorta (Portal) 1.6.0

No permission to download
So my build had the sidebar missing also.

However it made no difference.

I'm having a very weird thing in that I can add, delete or move around blocks changing the layout........................................ and it will not make any visible changes. I've even unchecked every cache box under Xenporta settings I can find. Anyone else having issues with making changes to the block layouts etc. (p.s I haven't messed with the categories feature yet.)
Do you have the front end edit ability enabled, and, if so, have you modified it for your user. Easy way to check, compare your layout to a logged out user.

I double checked your source code. It is still missing the sidebar class.

HTML:
<div class="midRightBlocks ">
    <div class="section eventList" id="eventsUpcoming">
        <div class="secondaryContent">
            <h3>Upcoming Events</h3>
            <ul style="margin-top: -10px;">
                    <li data-service="" data-serviceval="" data-serviceval2="">
        <a href="events/poe-weekend-hardcore-games-3.24/" class="eventIcon avatar Av1s NoOverlay">
                <span class="img s" style="background-image: url('data/avatars/s/0/1.jpg?1337221570');"></span>
        </a>
            <div class="eventInfo">
                <div class="eventName"><a href="events/poe-weekend-hardcore-games-3.24/"><b>PoE - Weekend Hardcore Games #3</b></a></div>
                <div class="eventText">
                        <i>At home</i><br>
                    <div class="eventTime">
                        <b>@ 06:00 PM</b>
                        <span class="muted">(+10:00 EST)</span>
                    </div>
                </div>
            </div>

</div>
</li>
            ......ETC.......
            </ul>
        </div>
    </div>
</div>

Should be:

HTML:
<div class="sidebar midRightBlocks ">
    <div class="section eventList" id="eventsUpcoming">
            <h3>Upcoming Events</h3>
            <ul style="margin-top: -10px;">
                    <li data-service="" data-serviceval="" data-serviceval2="">
        <a href="events/poe-weekend-hardcore-games-3.24/" class="eventIcon avatar Av1s NoOverlay">
                <span class="img s" style="background-image: url('data/avatars/s/0/1.jpg?1337221570');"></span>
        </a>
            <div class="eventInfo">
                <div class="eventName"><a href="events/poe-weekend-hardcore-games-3.24/"><b>PoE - Weekend Hardcore Games #3</b></a></div>
                <div class="eventText">
                        <i>At home</i><br>
                    <div class="eventTime">
                        <b>@ 06:00 PM</b>
                        <span class="muted">(+10:00 EST)</span>
                    </div>
                </div>
            </div>

</div>
</li>
            ......ETC.......
            </ul>
        </div>
    </div>
</div>

If you pc me login info for the backend I can check and see what's going on.

For those that are having the server error of:
Code:
ErrorException: Undefined index: forum - library/EWRporta/ControllerPublic/Forum.php:14
Generated By: Unknown Account, 3 minutes ago
Stack Trace

#0 /home/XXX/public_html/library/EWRporta/ControllerPublic/Forum.php(14): XenForo_Application::handlePhpError()
#1 /home/XXX/public_html/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(310): EWRporta_ControllerPublic_Forum->actionIndex(Object(XenForo_RouteMatch))
#2 /home/XXX/public_html/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(132): XenForo_FrontController->dispatch()
#3 /home/XXX/public_html/index.php(13): XenForo_FrontController->run()
#4 {main}

Request State

array(3) {
  ["url"] => string(48) "http://www.XXX/forums/-/index.rss"
  ["_GET"] => array(0) {
  }
  ["_POST"] => array(0) {
  }
}

I believe you can fix it by:
Edit the/library/EWRporta/ControllerPublic/forum.php file

Replace:
Code:
            $response->params['layout1'] = 'forum-'.$response->params['forum']['node_id'];

With:
Code:
            $node_id = (!empty($response->params['forum']['node_id'])) ? $response->params['forum']['node_id'] : 0;
            $response->params['layout1'] = 'forum-'.$node_id;

Do you have the front end edit ability enabled, and, if so, have you modified it for your user. Easy way to check, compare your layout to a logged out user.

I double checked your source code. It is still missing the sidebar class.

If you pc me login info for the backend I can check and see what's going on.

I think you might be confused as two of us are having the same issue.

Front end customized ability shouldn't make a difference as I the Admin I'm unable to see certain blocks that all should see....as far as I know a user cannot delete viewing certain blocks. Which I cannot get blocks to show or mirror my backend settings.

In the "EWRporta_Portal" change
HTML:
<xen:if is="{$blocks.mid-right}">
<div class="midRightBlocks {xen:if '{$blocks.mid-left}', 'centerShift'}">
    <xen:foreach loop="$blocks.mid-right" value="$block">
        {xen:raw $block}
    </xen:foreach>
</div>
</xen:if>
To
HTML:
<xen:if is="{$blocks.mid-right}">
<div class="sidebar midRightBlocks {xen:if '{$blocks.mid-left}', 'centerShift'}">
    <xen:foreach loop="$blocks.mid-right" value="$block">
        {xen:raw $block}
    </xen:foreach>
</div>
</xen:if>
Somewhere along the line the class "sidebar" was removed.

Great, fixed thanks!

@Jaxel: In the "EWRblock_BoardTotals" template is the phrase "User Records" hardcoded. Can fix this in the next Release, please?

HTML:
<div class="section">
    <div class="secondaryContent statsList" id="boardStats">
        <h3>{xen:phrase forum_statistics}</h3>
        <div class="pairsJustified">
            <dl class="discussionCount"><dt>{xen:phrase discussions}:</dt>
                <dd>{xen:number $BoardTotals.discussions}</dd></dl>
            <dl class="messageCount"><dt>{xen:phrase messages}:</dt>
                <dd>{xen:number $BoardTotals.messages}</dd></dl>
            <dl class="memberCount"><dt>{xen:phrase members}:</dt>
                <dd>{xen:number $BoardTotals.users}</dd></dl>
            <dl class="mostCount"><dt>Users Record:</dt>
                <dd class="Tooltip" title="{xen:dateTime $BoardTotals.most_users.time}">{xen:number $BoardTotals.most_users.total}</dd></dl>
            <dl><dt>{xen:phrase latest_member}:</dt>
                <dd><a href="{xen:link members, $BoardTotals.latestUser}" class="username">{$BoardTotals.latestUser.username}</a></dd></dl>
        </div>
    </div>
</div>

portal_issue.webp

How can one prevent the month/date on recent news from being overlapped by the left side bar? Can the Month/Date and content within the recent news be shifted to the right?

View attachment 29907

How can one prevent the month/date on recent news from being overlapped by the left side bar? Can the Month/Date and content within the recent news be shifted to the right?

So last edit I promise :)

To shift the whole container a little to the right you could try this:

Code:
#recentNews {
margin-left: 45px;
}

But I could't test it on my site correctly, if eerything works fine with this code

Try this in your EXTRA.css

Sorry forget what I have written... I didn't read your message correctly... your want the whole cotainer to be shifted to the right not the date. My CSS code is only to shift the date from left to right .. Sorry to early in the morning :)

Code:
.recentNews .newsDate {
float: right;
}

.recentNews .leftDate .newsDate {
margin-right: -45px;
}

Capture.webpI'm having issues with the date stamp on my RecentNews block, it doesn't seem to be able to display double digits properly, as it displays them above each other instead of side by side. Can anyone help me towards resolving this? Thanks.

Massive epiphany, realised that I changed the site font to Verdana yesterday and that was the reason, so I just changed the CSS to make the date font smaller and it's now perfect :D

Error Info
ErrorException: Undefined index: do - library/EWRporta/Listener/Init.php:21
Generated By: Unknown Account, Today at 2:22 PM
Stack Trace
PHP:
#0 /home/sociall1/public_html/forums/library/EWRporta/Listener/Init.php(21): XenForo_Application::handlePhpError(8, 'Undefined index...', '/home/sociall1/...', 21, Array)
#1 [internal function]: EWRporta_Listener_Init::listen(Object(XenForo_Dependencies_Public), Array)
#2 /home/sociall1/public_html/forums/library/XenForo/CodeEvent.php(54): call_user_func_array(Array, Array)
#3 /home/sociall1/public_html/forums/library/XenForo/Dependencies/Abstract.php(180): XenForo_CodeEvent::fire('init_dependenci...', Array)
#4 /home/sociall1/public_html/forums/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(125): XenForo_Dependencies_Abstract->preLoadData()
#5 /home/sociall1/public_html/forums/index.php(13): XenForo_FrontController->run()
#6 {main}

Request State

PHP:
array(3) {
  ["url"] => string(93) "http://www.sociallyuncensored.eu/forums/arcade.php?act=Arcade&module=report&user=124&langid=1"
  ["_GET"] => array(4) {
    ["act"] => string(6) "Arcade"
    ["module"] => string(6) "report"
    ["user"] => string(3) "124"
    ["langid"] => string(1) "1"
  }
  ["_POST"] => array(0) {
  }
}

Hmm.. On my recentslider block, the images are black when a guest is viewing them, but as a logged in user, they appear normal, can anyone help?

EDIT: Fixed. Guests didn't have attachment permissions.

I have a question guys. How can I make it that the Recent Threads block is only shown in the forum index page and the Recent News block only in the portal page at the same time?

I thought I remember seeing someone create this a while back but can't find it anymore. Did anyone ever build a poll block? Preferably to show a poll from a specified thread.

How are you guys enabling the forums sidebar features? I created the "forums" layouts but it never shows the sidebar in those forums, even if I make one for, say forum 10.

I have asked a few times and people keep directing me to http://xenforo.com/community/resources/bd-widget-framework.297/ but I don't understand how that would interact with xenporta, it seems to be a stand alone system.
I am using XenPorta for its sidebar widgets only, without using it as a portal.

Under XenPorta > Options in the Admin Control Panel, check "Index (index > portal)" and then activate the modules you want to display.

I am using XenPorta for its sidebar widgets only, without using it as a portal.

Under XenPorta > Options in the Admin Control Panel, check "Index (index > portal)" and then activate the modules you want to display.

Thanks for the reply, www.vapidflats.com is my site so you can see what I mean, it only shows the sidebar on the portal then the default xenforo on on the forums. Even though I have forum layouts created for it to use (one default one and one for forum 10 specifically)

When I choose Index (index > portal) it will then prevent my users from being able to access the forum, it will just redirect to the portal no matter what link you choose.

Do I need to use that setting for the sidebar to work? If so I will investigate it and figure out how to make it work.

Top Bottom