[8WR] XenPorta (Portal) PRO

[8WR] XenPorta (Portal) PRO [Paid] 1.2.2b

No permission to buy ($40.00)
What's going to happen to the tag cloud widget? Is it going to fetch tags from XF1.5 or sub-categories from XP2?

Also, sub-categories are just a minor category. these are not child-category right?

Is it just me or there's no quick way to adjust the size of thumbnails for XenPorta recent threads?
What I have done is just edit the image directly, and not even touch the code. I find it way easier. Because I don't want to take up so much space I've put the steps I use in a spoiler below.
First you need to find the actual image location in your xenforo install. This is really easily done with the source code view using google chrome. Just right click on the picture you want to find and click "Inspect element" The source code for the entire page will appear, and the image will be highlighted on site, along with it's code on the right. Checkout the spoiler of the image I uploaded to see what I mean.

oxMHKaI.png

As you can see by the screenshot the image I am looking for is located @ styles/fragzone/xenforo/node-sprite.png. Now all you have to do is add your website url to the front of it, mine is http://www.evidentfire.com/styles/fragzone/xenforo/node-sprite.png and paiste it into your address bar, and it will load just that image. (You can also go directly to the image using FTP, but for just saving it, the url is quicker.)

Save the image and open it in "Photoshop" or "paint.net". To make the image smaller you will need to preform 2 steps, resize the image, and then change the image canvas size.
1. First resize the image, after you open the image go to the image menu and select resize, and adjust the image to the smaller size you want. Make sure maintain aspect ratio box is checked so you don't warp the image.
2. Change Canvas Size, this is important because your old picture was designed for the xenforo style you were using, so you need to change the canvas back to the original size of the image before uploading it back to the server. This will insure your image properly fits and is centered with the theme.

After you are done with your edits, you will need to use your website's FTP to return the edited image to your server. I highly recommend renaming the original so you have it if needed. If it's called sprite.png, rename it to sprite_original.png.
Then just upload the edited one and refresh your page. You should see the edits take affect immediately.

What's going to happen to the tag cloud widget? Is it going to fetch tags from XF1.5 or sub-categories from XP2?

Also, sub-categories are just a minor category. these are not child-category right?
ZERO functionality of the existing XP2 category/tags system has changed... the only difference is that "tags" have been renamed to "sub-categories". With that, the existing tag cloud widget wont change either; it will just be a sub-category cloud widget instead.

As for a tag cloud widget for XF1.5 tags... I see no reason why a NEW widget for this couldn't existing in the future.

admin.php?options/list/attachments > Attachment Thumbnail Dimensions
admin.php?tools/rebuild > Rebuild Attachment Thumbnails
But does that not affect all the icons throughout the website? I guess it'd also affect the attachments made to threads. I'm planning on bigger thumbnails for the 'recent articles' - which would make the thumbnails in regular XF threads look a bit too big.

Is there any way we could only change the size of thumbnails in recent articles? :)

@Jaxel

I am at XP2 ver. 1.0.7 and XF ver. 1.4.5 ... thinking about upgrading directly to XP2 ver. 1.1.2 ...
  • As you mentioned in update log, i would have to redo many options after the upgrade, so would this upgrade break anything in the present setup at the front-end? Like all threads promoted to featured or articles; All attached images uploaded while promoting a thread to an article or as featured. Asking just because, I don't want to mess around with the front-end in my forum at all.
  • Any redundant files to be removed from server after the upgrade;
Thank you in advance.

We would like to have "sticky" posts appear up top... most CMPS's have this functionality, how can we do this?

I am running the "frontpage" to have 2 rows of articles. But it looks like the articles on home is alligned to "bottom", some news are longer than others.
How do i allign these to "top"

Also this update kinda ruined the setup i had on the feature size - how do i fix this again?

@Jaxel

I am at XP2 ver. 1.0.7 and XF ver. 1.4.5 ... thinking about upgrading directly to XP2 ver. 1.1.2 ...
  • As you mentioned in update log, i would have to redo many options after the upgrade, so would this upgrade break anything in the present setup at the front-end? Like all threads promoted to featured or articles; All attached images uploaded while promoting a thread to an article or as featured. Asking just because, I don't want to mess around with the front-end in my forum at all.
  • Any redundant files to be removed from server after the upgrade;
Thank you in advance.
Many of the options have been moved to style properties. You will need to redo anything you've changed.

Hello,
I wanted to ask, how I can hide the boardTitle and description on the Article page.
There is a style property for this.

We would like to have "sticky" posts appear up top... most CMPS's have this functionality, how can we do this?
"Sticky" articles will be returning in the next version.

I am running the "frontpage" to have 2 rows of articles. But it looks like the articles on home is alligned to "bottom", some news are longer than others.
How do i allign these to "top"

Also this update kinda ruined the setup i had on the feature size - how do i fix this again?
You need to have masonry enabled. All these settings are now style properties.

Many of the options have been moved to style properties. You will need to redo anything you've changed.

There is a style property for this.

"Sticky" articles will be returning in the next version.

You need to have masonry enabled. All these settings are now style properties.
I don't really see masonry?

Hey, I was wondering if anyone has had this happened to them with the teamspeak widget ? I'm trying to set it up, but I keep getting a ping message saying "Unable to get connected users"

Host: 192.184.86.143 Port: 9987
Connected Users: Unable to Get Clients
server.png
Server name unknown

How can I fix this?

I'm not getting the Facebook Open Graph meta tags on my home portal page (although they do appear correctly on other parts of my forum), so if someone shares my home page on Facebook it doesn't pick up the correct image.

Is there an option somewhere to include the meta tags, or does XenPorta not add them to the home page?

Can someone point out where I can fix the following. I just applied the latest update and now my comments and views are messed up:
T2EKDLC.png

when it used to look like this

ecodlaq.png

Thanks

All of the sudden when i promote to articles it no longer shows the newly promoted threads on the home page. I also delete a few older ones to see if this was a limit issue and it wasn't. I have cleared cookies, cache ect.. was working fine two days ago. i also have these outdated templates i have no idea what to do with.

Capture.webp

I just buyed xenportal 2 and i dont have idea how setup articles of specify forum and from specify member, is a little confusing... (i was using xenportal 1)

Top Bottom