[8WR] XenPorta (Portal) PRO

[8WR] XenPorta (Portal) PRO [Paid] 1.2.2b

No permission to buy ($40.00)
I just want to check on something before I buy this add-on....

Would I be able to create multiple additional widget pages with this (in addition to the home page)?

If so, would the navbar tabs be highlighted correctly when each of these pages is selected?

Anyone know why the youtube videos in the article page shorten the width of the that article to about half the size? Is there anything in particular we need to do to style pics and videos? I'd like images and videos stretch out to match the desired width of the Article columns automatically.

The only thing I changed for youtube was the BBCode style...
Edit BB Code Media Site: YouTube
Embed HTML:
Code:
<iframe width="100%" height="500" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/{$id}?wmode=opaque" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Anyone know why the youtube videos in the article page shorten the width of the that article to about half the size? Is there anything in particular we need to do to style pics and videos? I'd like images and videos stretch out to match the desired width of the Article columns automatically.

The only thing I changed for youtube was the BBCode style...
Edit BB Code Media Site: YouTube
Embed HTML:
Code:
<iframe width="100%" height="500" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/{$id}?wmode=opaque" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Let me guess... you have a single column layout, and masonry grid enabled? Don't enable masonry grid, if you're not using a grid layout.

I just want to check on something before I buy this add-on....

Would I be able to create multiple additional widget pages with this (in addition to the home page)?

If so, would the navbar tabs be highlighted correctly when each of these pages is selected?
You can use the XenForo page system to create widget pages.

Great looking addon. Tagged for future purchase assuming it works with 1.4?
It does.

@Jaxel

Can I ask you how did you configure your articles to show the picture above the text cause I can't replicate the settings on mine?

Thanks.
There is an option for this in the admin CP.

how does one disable the social media links at the top of articles? I've looked in settings but couldn't see where?

how does one disable the social media links at the top of articles? I've looked in settings but couldn't see where?
They are controlled through XenForo itself. Otherwise you would have to put in a template modification to remove them.

so what is the best way to hide those, I've already disabled them in settings, but they still show up at top of the page for pintress and other sites

I have read a few pages trying to get an answer but haven't found anything so. Today i installed x2 and it went smooth. I only have a few questions.

1. When i promote articles it is putting the newer promoted articles below the older articles. How can i make it where the new articles go above the older content?

2. so my forums are mysite.com and the articles is located mysite.com/articles/ is there a way to change "articles" to something else i.e "home"

3. I would also like the home or article page to be url path. i.e i type in mysite.com i want that to take them to mysite.com/articles and then when they click the forum tab or logo it takes them to forums.

Last edited:
What will you do with the tagging system that will be there with XenForo 1.5? I know that nothing can be sure before release but have you already got some ideas?

I think i have everything taken care of other than

1. When i promote articles it is putting the newer promoted articles below the older articles. How can i make it where the new articles go above the older content?

Any info?

I'm sorry if this has already been covered but I didn't see it so.... I'd like to be able to post articles that members have submitted to me for the front page (so I can edit and format them properly), and have it display the actual author as the author rather than me. Is there a way to do this? Thanks.

I'm sorry if this has already been covered but I didn't see it so.... I'd like to be able to post articles that members have submitted to me for the front page (so I can edit and format them properly), and have it display the actual author as the author rather than me. Is there a way to do this? Thanks.
The promotion system always shows the author of the post, not the promoter.

I think i have everything taken care of other than

Any info?
It shouldn't be doing this... unless you are changing the promotion dates.

What will you do with the tagging system that will be there with XenForo 1.5? I know that nothing can be sure before release but have you already got some ideas?
No idea yet. The tags in XenPorta though, should not interfere with anything.

The promotion system always shows the author of the post, not the promoter.
Thanks but they aren't posting it, they are sending it to me to format and find relevant media and stuff to add, then I'm posting it "on their behalf" when it's ready (we're talking about stuff like game guides which need to be well formatted to a uniform standard).

On another note, thanks for sorting out the other issue I had so quickly, I appreciate it :)

I see now. It uses the date the thread was created rather than the order in which the article was promoted. Thank you
You can change the promotion date... its one of the promotion options.

Thanks but they aren't posting it, they are sending it to me to format and find relevant media and stuff to add, then I'm posting it "on their behalf" when it's ready (we're talking about stuff like game guides which need to be well formatted to a uniform standard).
Just have them make a blank thread... then edit it and promoted it.

I keep getting these Server Error Logs how can I fix it..
Code:
ErrorException: Undefined offset: 0 - library/EWRporta2/Widget/Features.php:8
Generated By: wickedstangs, 6 minutes ago
Stack Trace
#0 /home//public_html/library/EWRporta2/Widget/Features.php(8): XenForo_Application::handlePhpError(8, 'Undefined offse...', '/home//...', 8, Array)
#1 /home//public_html/library/EWRporta2/Model/Widlinks.php(240): EWRporta2_Widget_Features->getUncachedData(Array, Array)
#2 /home//public_html/library/EWRporta2/ViewPublic/Global.php(79): EWRporta2_Model_Widlinks->getWidlinkParams(Array)
#3 /home//public_html/library/XenForo/ViewRenderer/Abstract.php(220): EWRporta2_ViewPublic_Global->prepareParams()
#4 /home//public_html/library/XenForo/ViewRenderer/HtmlPublic.php(71): XenForo_ViewRenderer_Abstract->renderViewObject('EWRporta2_ViewP...', 'Html', Array, 'EWRporta2_Artic...')
#5 /home//public_html/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(586): XenForo_ViewRenderer_HtmlPublic->renderView('EWRporta2_ViewP...', Array, 'EWRporta2_Artic...', NULL)
#6 /home//public_html/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(158): XenForo_FrontController->renderView(Object(XenForo_ControllerResponse_View), Object(XenForo_ViewRenderer_HtmlPublic), Array)
#7 /home//public_html/index.php(13): XenForo_FrontController->run()
#8 {main}
Request State
array(3) {
  ["url"] => string(37) "http://www.wickedstangs.com/articles/"
  ["_GET"] => array(0) {
  }
  ["_POST"] => array(0) {
  }
}

Top Bottom