[8WR] XenPorta (Portal) PRO

[8WR] XenPorta (Portal) PRO [Paid] 1.2.2b

No permission to buy ($40.00)
How do I put a log in button on the main page? Is it a widget?

I have BD Widget Framework and Xenporta 2

I understand its a Clear Contents widget? Is that correct?

I used the Reveal Mode in BD Widget Framework. I clicked the spot I wanted and it took me to the edit widget screen. This is what I have down but it didnt work. I spoke to pixelexit and they believe there may be a conflict on xenportas end.

They stated it might be a simple edit.

OSb1uoJ.png

I have them both installed as well
No conflict

Style properties>xb sidebar

Tick "enable sidebar login form" and should do the trick

Last edited:
Well, I tried it:

.countdown .dash .digit.d1{
color: rgb(0,255,127);
}

and now the countdown changed DAYS AND TIME!! The only digit that moves is the seconds digit and cycles through 5..4..3..2.1. and back through 5..4..3..2..1..over and over and over. Do you know why???

THIS is why I asked you for help.

jT6PblW.png

This is still set for October 31st at 12 midnight ... Halloween.

I am not a happy customer.
For some reason the second digit of each field is not aligning properly. You'll have to look into your CSS to figure out why.

This is the default layout, no templates have been edited. 1st Link shows the default layout with the widgets. 2nd link shows how the page appears when loaded.. Any ideas whats happened there? Is there a clash with another template?

Thanks for your help in advance :)

https://i.gyazo.com/329028d791235f7f217f29dce416b273.png

https://i.gyazo.com/e9a1c0d5d81c61f17b0965691d0c6ef2.png
Looks line an overflow/alignment issue within your skin. You'll have to look into your CSS to figure out why.

The sign up/ Log in widget was on my forums page, now its gone after installing BD Widget Framework.

How do I put a sign up/log in button on my main page??
What does this have to do with XP2? Ask BD.

I'm getting the following:

Unable to install Medio widget; missing prerequisite Addon.

What is the missing prerequisite Addon that is missing?

After cutting down the wording in my question and doing some searching I found the following:

But that really makes no sense. On the purchase page of xenPorta 2 Pro it says that following widgets are included. Why not put a note that additional Addons will need to be purchased to use included widgets? It is nice to include the widgets but you might as well have just sold them with the Addons you require instead of touting them as a feature of this addon.

37. XenMedio: Cloud
38. XenMedio: Recent Media

Can you please clarify what other widgets need additional addons for them to work instead of me spending time trying each one out?

Thanks
Tony
You expect a widget for a different addon to just magically work, if you dont have that addon installed? What sense does that make.

How do I put a log in button on the main page? Is it a widget?

I have BD Widget Framework and Xenporta 2

I understand its a Clear Contents widget? Is that correct?

I used the Reveal Mode in BD Widget Framework. I clicked the spot I wanted and it took me to the edit widget screen. This is what I have down but it didnt work. I spoke to pixelexit and they believe there may be a conflict on xenportas end.

They stated it might be a simple edit.

OSb1uoJ.png
Again... what does this have to do with XP2?

You expect a widget for a different addon to just magically work, if you dont have that addon installed? What sense does that make.

Oh, I see, in your description you point out that there are additional addons that have to be purchased in order to use the free widgets you include. Oh wait, no you don't point that out.

What in your xenporta description says this? It should be in your description or put in a review of your addon. I don't have any problems if someone wants to make money off their work but I really don't like wasting time trying to figure out why something doesn't work and that is what your description caused.

What is the purpose of even mentioning it without mentioning that you need to purchase additional addons to use the widget.

No magic expected, just the ability to actually implement what you are giving away would be nice.

Can you please clarify what other widgets need additional addons for them to work instead of me spending time trying each one out?
37. XenMedio: Cloud
38. XenMedio: Recent Media
Facebook Like Box
Google Adsense
League Rotation - displays the currently free champions in League of Legends
Live Feed (by Milano)
Resources Featured - XenForo Resource Manager
Resources Top - XenForo Resource Manager
TaigaChat (by Luke Foreman)
TaigaOnline - shows members currently in chatroom
TeamSpeak3 Server - displays a TS3 status widget
XenAtendo: Upcoming Events
XenAtendo2: Upcoming Events
XenCarta: Navigation
XenRio: Live Streams
XenTorneo: Rankings

Enough?

Thank You bt012ss. You saved me the time of trying to figure out which ones need additional addons to be used.

I am coming from several years of vBulletin so there is a bit of a learning curve as it is. Someone recommended xenPorta which is a fine recommendation. I am happy with the software, just was a bit upset when I did do several searches for the entire string of being returned and never found anything. I would still have bought the software even without the widgets being functional, I just would have wasted less time trying to find out what was missing and spent more time on learning the site functions.

Thanks Again

For some reason the second digit of each field is not aligning properly. You'll have to look into your CSS to figure out why.

Looks line an overflow/alignment issue within your skin. You'll have to look into your CSS to figure out why.

What does this have to do with XP2? Ask BD.

Again... what does this have to do with XP2?

Once again NO SOLUTION, just wise cracks and blaming another developer and or their products.

I believe there is a conflict between your product and BD Widget Framework.

Are you really going to not help me figure out why your product is blocking or conflicting with the placement of another widget... the LOG IN button of all issues?

I am $70 in here and I'm really thinking I wasted my money.

Once again NO SOLUTION, just wise cracks and blaming another developer and or their products.

Are you really going to not help me figure out why your product is blocking or conflicting with the placement of another widget... the LOG IN button of all issues?

If installing BD Widget Framework removes the log in button from your forum... then the problem is CLEARLY with BD Widget Framework. I dont understand why you are even asking about it here.

I have them both installed and no conflict for me

Try setting the display order for "clear sidebar" to 5...at least that's what I have mine set at.

If installing BD Widget Framework removes the log in button from your forum... then the problem is CLEARLY with BD Widget Framework. I dont understand why you are even asking about it here.

I am asking here because it happened BEFORE I installed BD Widget Framework. XENPORTA 2 was the only widget "manager" on my system so.... I am asking here.

I installed BD Widget Framework partially to get the log in button back AND also to get widgets on my other pages besides the home page.

Can Xenforo manage the widgets on other pages? Who the heck knows without customer support and an add on developer that spends more time NOT giving support than GIVING support for their own add on products.

I have them both installed and no conflict for me

Try setting the display order for "clear sidebar" to 5...at least that's what I have mine set at.

I will try that. Thank you very much once again Outlaw.

Edit: Ok that puts the log in widget in the forums screen, but not the home page "articles" page, which was setup by xenporta 2... This is why I think Jaxel should be helping here instead of just on-looking.....

Last edited:

Edit: Ok that puts the log in widget in the forums screen, but not the home page "articles" page, which was setup by xenporta 2... This is why I think Jaxel should be helping here instead of just on-looking.....

try adding the bd widget "visitor panel"
upload_2016-11-2_21-53-51.webp

and also try disabling all the XP2 widgets if any are activated.

Because how do I answer support questions for something UNRELATED to XenPorta2. You're using BD Widget Framework to replace the sidebar built into XP2... So if something is wrong with the sidebar, its being done through BD Widget Framework.

Because how do I answer support questions for something UNRELATED to XenPorta2. You're using BD Widget Framework to replace the sidebar built into XP2... So if something is wrong with the sidebar, its being done through BD Widget Framework.

Jaxel, when I initially asked you for help, I was ONLY using Xenporta 2. The main page log in option disappeared BEFORE I installed the BD Framework.

I hope people are reading this and decide against going with your products because without the awesome xenforo community, your products wouldn't be getting ANY customer service.

try adding the bd widget "visitor panel"
View attachment 143103

and also try disabling all the XP2 widgets if any are activated.

Well I disabled all the XP2 widgets and added the bd widget "visitor panel". All I could see were the xp2 promoted articles stretched out, no column for widgets.

I feel like I have another setting set wrong somewhere...

Well I disabled all the XP2 widgets and added the bd widget "visitor panel". All I could see were the xp2 promoted articles stretched out, no column for widgets.

I feel like I have another setting set wrong somewhere...
The Login button is part of the sidebar... It is placed by XenForo AUTOMATICALLY whenever a sidebar is on a page and there is no user logged in. XenPorta2 does not change this AT ALL. There is absolutely nothing in the code that would remove the login button.

Also, you specifically posted this:
The sign up/ Log in widget was on my forums page, now its gone after installing BD Widget Framework.

And I'll say again... if you install a DIFFERENT addon to control your sidebars... then XenPorta2 is no longer controlling your sidebars. Stop blaming XenPorta2 for things dissappearing from your sidebars. Look at that different addon which is now controlling your sidebars.

You're still posting in XP2 for support with BD Widget Framework.

The Login button is part of the sidebar... It is placed by XenForo AUTOMATICALLY whenever a sidebar is on a page and there is no user logged in. XenPorta2 does not change this AT ALL. There is absolutely nothing in the code that would remove the login button.

Also, you specifically posted this:

And I'll say again... if you install a DIFFERENT addon to control your sidebars... then XenPorta2 is no longer controlling your sidebars. Stop blaming XenPorta2 for things dissappearing from your sidebars. Look at that different addon which is now controlling your sidebars.

You're still posting in XP2 for support with BD Widget Framework.

You might want to go back and read my posts again. Besides the details above that you quotes, the log in button disappeared on the main article page BEFORE I installed the BD Widget Framework. I have since got the login feature back on the FORUM page..

But I need the log on widget working on my MAIN page, in which Xenporta 2 is entirely controlling the widgets.

The log on function IS a widget and it disappeared after I installed Xenporta and BEFORE I installed BD Widget Framework. I installed the other widget software which has allowed me to address what I need on all the other pages, but the Xenporta page... no login widget.

I believe Xenporta is blocking my log on widget on the main page. I may have a setting wrong in Xenporta. What could it be?

Please stop trying NOT to help me and lend a hand to a paying customer (twice over) who is desperately trying to get his main page in a usable state so I can satisfy the hundreds of folks kindly awaiting this resolution.

Last edited:
You might want to go back and read my posts again. Besides the details above that you quotes, the log in button disappeared on the main article page BEFORE I installed the BD Widget Framework. I have since got the login feature back on the FORUM page..
You added that recently in an edit. You know "Last edited" is right there at the bottom.

The login button is NOT a widget. Its built into XenForo... that is unless you have another addon, which disables it... such as BD Widget Framework. Its not that I'm not trying to help you. Its that I literally can not help you because your issue has nothing to do with XenPorta2 and you refuse to accept that.

You added that recently in an edit. You know "Last edited" is right there at the bottom.

The login button is NOT a widget. Its built into XenForo... that is unless you have another addon, which disables it... such as BD Widget Framework. Its not that I'm not trying to help you. Its that I literally can not help you because your issue has nothing to do with XenPorta2 and you refuse to accept that.

Well, yes I clarified it because I didn't word it right. That has nothing to do with the fact that you have made yet another statement that you will not support your product.

The logon button disappeared AFTER I set the Xenporta widgets and WELL BEFORE I installed the BD Widget Framework. In fact I conversed with some in the community, including my theme developer Pixelexit and they believe there is a conflict with Xenporta 2.

Ridiculous that you'd blame BD Widget Framework for disabling the log in button but naturally state your product has NOTHING to do with it.

Instead of trying to debug my posts, CAN YOU PLEASE assist me in figuring out what went wrong? If I can't get a log in button working ON MY MAIN PAGE your product is USELESS TO ME. The only page Xenporta 2 controls is the MAIN PAGE. THAT is the only page that doesnt show the log in button. HOW DO YOU EXPLAIN THAT????

Top Bottom