[8WR] XenPorta (Portal) PRO

[8WR] XenPorta (Portal) PRO [Paid] 1.2.2b

No permission to buy ($40.00)
Would it be possible to create two separate widgets - one for features and one for articles? I know right now the main default page is built around the "articles list" but that includes both promoted features and articles. It would be nice to be able to treat the two independently (sorry if this has already been suggested - I did a search and did not see it mentioned).

HI this might be answered already but i couldnt find it..

How do i hide the original home button cause porta has its own home button . I would like to hide the original home button so I dont have two home buttons

Would it be possible to create two separate widgets - one for features and one for articles? I know right now the main default page is built around the "articles list" but that includes both promoted features and articles. It would be nice to be able to treat the two independently (sorry if this has already been suggested - I did a search and did not see it mentioned).
You can already do those. Both features and articles have their own widgets you can install.

HI this might be answered already but i couldnt find it..

How do i hide the original home button cause porta has its own home button . I would like to hide the original home button so I dont have two home buttons
Second question in the FAQ.

A couple of pre-purchase questions...

Are there any recommended xenforo skins or xenforo skin developers that are comapible with xenporta 2?

If I purchase one instance of Xenporta 2, how many forums can I use it on?

Thanks,

Last edited:
Can you please add the feature where if you feature a thread and you upload a pic you have the ability to adjust the picture to the part you want to show? cause most of my pics it just shows like the middle area and you cant adjust the picture and move it around so you can see the part you want to see on the pic.. Its anoying i have to crop the pic elsewhere to show the part of the pic I want.

Is there any way to influence the responsive display order of the widgets on the portal page?

On a mobile device, the left column widgets are displayed below the centre column widgets. Ideally, I'd like to display the left column first on smaller screens, followed by the centre column.

1. screenshot please?
2. you would probably have to setup your own css codes for that.
3. upgrade your xenforo.

1. Screenshot attached. Duplicate/nested titles. Tried template edits to hide one with no success.
2. I see, thank you. I assumed it might be possible as you can move avatars on the article home page to the side in the style properties.
3. I'm running the latest version of 1.4.12... is it not compatible? Are you saying to upgrade to 1.5.x?
4. Also small issue with breadcrumbs names (see attachment). What's the best way to address this, simply renaming the second something like Article List or is there an issue with my set up?
5. Tab works for all Xenporta article sections except the article homepage. Any idea why or is this more likely a template edit issue?

displayissues.webp tabselection.webp

Hi folks,

I bought this a few weeks back and only now getting a chance to pay with it.

I am experimenting with the Promote To Feature parts and was wondering - is there a way it can use the og:image of that page rather than having to upload one? If if it grabs it as it's own file.

It would just make it a bit slicker at promoting stuff.

Other than that, I am liking it. Makes a forum seem more website-like.

thanks
C

How can I remove the Authors tab/button in the nav bar on the home/articles page?
Edit the navtab template, or use CSS to hide it.

1. Screenshot attached. Duplicate/nested titles. Tried template edits to hide one with no success.
2. I see, thank you. I assumed it might be possible as you can move avatars on the article home page to the side in the style properties.
3. I'm running the latest version of 1.4.12... is it not compatible? Are you saying to upgrade to 1.5.x?
4. Also small issue with breadcrumbs names (see attachment). What's the best way to address this, simply renaming the second something like Article List or is there an issue with my set up?
5. Tab works for all Xenporta article sections except the article homepage. Any idea why or is this more likely a template edit issue?

View attachment 134433 View attachment 134432
1. Those duplicate titles dont appear on the default skin. So its an issue with your skin.
2. You can move things wherever you want... if you edit the templates/css.
3. You should always upgrade to the newest versions.
4. It looks like you've disabled the navtabs included with XenPorta2... if thats the case, why do you find it odd that the navtabs/breadcrumbs are not working properly for XenPorta2?
5. see 4.
I am experimenting with the Promote To Feature parts and was wondering - is there a way it can use the og:image of that page rather than having to upload one? If if it grabs it as it's own file.
huh?

When I "promote to feature" a post the next page, where I actually save the promotion, asks me to upload an image for the slider image.
This image is then used for the promotion view on whichever page I have it on.

My question is - instead of asking for an image to be uploaded, can it not be made to use (link / copy internally) the og:image on the page the same way facebook et al do.

Just in case :) - the og:image is an attribute defined on each page which the user controls so as to make it appear better on external sites.
It is, I believe, a variable available to you in the framework. Might be quite easy to pickup.

When I "promote to feature" a post the next page, where I actually save the promotion, asks me to upload an image for the slider image.
This image is then used for the promotion view on whichever page I have it on.

My question is - instead of asking for an image to be uploaded, can it not be made to use (link / copy internally) the og:image on the page the same way facebook et al do.

Just in case :) - the og:image is an attribute defined on each page which the user controls so as to make it appear better on external sites.
It is, I believe, a variable available to you in the framework. Might be quite easy to pickup.
No... Feature slider images are HUGE, and og:images tend to be small.

No... Feature slider images are HUGE, and og:images tend to be small.
Like many people you've got a problem with judging size. Your slider image is only 968 wide which is MEDIUM - not HUGE. HUGE is more than 1500 pixels I would guess.

og:images can be anything you want. The receiving app takes care of sizing it to suit. Muke like your uploaded image does.

Having an issue refreshing the Xenporta 2... I removed blocks yet they are still there. Cleared my browser catch and was wondering is there a place were the information is cached??

Do you have a personal customized layout?

[prebreak]

I am using the Article List layout with both the pre made widgets and about 4 custom Option Sets...

I finally got rid of the widgets that wouldn't go away I had to delete all the option sets from the disabled widgets.

@Jaxel the teamspeak 3 widget doesn't seem to work at all.
It just shows:

1gHLJF3.png

Even after I added all my information.

Top Bottom