[8WR] XenPorta (Portal) PRO

[8WR] XenPorta (Portal) PRO [Paid] 1.2.2b

No permission to buy ($40.00)
Hi,
I just installed Xenportal 2 and have a couple questions.

How do I stop articles from automatically being pulled from my forum? When I installed it, it automatically pulled 5 of them from my forum.

I created one category to try it, but it doesn't show up,. I thought I had turned all the permissions on.

I"m just hoping to get the basics in place so I can keep it live. I just want to create some categories and throw a few articles in till I get to know where everything is.

Thanks

Hi,
I just installed Xenportal 2 and have a couple questions.

How do I stop articles from automatically being pulled from my forum? When I installed it, it automatically pulled 5 of them from my forum.

I created one category to try it, but it doesn't show up,. I thought I had turned all the permissions on.

I"m just hoping to get the basics in place so I can keep it live. I just want to create some categories and throw a few articles in till I get to know where everything is.

Thanks
Dont set that forum to auto-promote.

Thanks for the response.

I've tried selecting unspecified to turn off Auto-Promote, but they are still showing up.

When I create categories, they don't show. I know it's simple, but it's not working unless I'm missing something.

Thanks for the response.

I've tried selecting unspecified to turn off Auto-Promote, but they are still showing up.

When I create categories, they don't show. I know it's simple, but it's not working unless I'm missing something.
Are you creating major categories or minor categories?

When you add categories to an auto-promoted article, it gets converted to a manual-promoted article. At that point, unspecifying the auto-promote forum will not remove the article anymore.

I just installed this today and am missing promote to article under threads tools how and were can I get this to show up so I can finish setting up my portal.:(

Taken me a bit but I found all the settings but one thing I had to move to the footer was the Copyright I think it works better at the Templates footer with the the main Copyrights kinda Like ,

copyrightinfo.jpg

Hi,
I know this is a stupid question.

Could anyone tell me where I change the main portal page (/articles) Browser Page Tittle? It has the same tittle as my main site. Not sure what template it's in.

Thank you

I'm having issues running XP 1 with php 7, does this have any issues running on PHP 7?
No idea... I thought PHP7 wasn't ready for production yet.

Hi,
I know this is a stupid question.

Could anyone tell me where I change the main portal page (/articles) Browser Page Tittle? It has the same tittle as my main site. Not sure what template it's in.

Thank you
Should be in the article list template.

I've been trying to get facebook opengraph to work all day and I'm about to give up.
It works fine on anything else than the article list page, and believe me I tried pretty much everything

but no matter what I do, does it just throw me a nice picture of a monkey from one of my articles because the other picture 800x800 is too small, but for some odd reason works fine for anything else BUT
the article page, I'd appreciate if anyone could help me out, I've given two pictures for the sake of demonstration, notice the URL's

upload_2016-3-24_5-27-25.webp

upload_2016-3-24_5-28-17.webp

Any chance that you add an option to remove the built in articles widget? Gamespot use a different type of block from the home page for their categories and it's kinda cool but I don't see how can I do that with the categories, without creating a page (because I just don't want to have 1M pages when adding 1 option would do the trick ^^)

The widget settings allows you to edit title to anything you want but you are right, the widget default settings value should be "XenForo Media Gallery".
Thanks Chris D, this is fixed now.
@boban, thanks for this widget, it looks great. Just one small issue, the grey overlay box expands outside of the image, is there a way to fix this? Thanks. :)

Screenshot 2016-03-29 08.47.45.webp

I've been trying to get facebook opengraph to work all day and I'm about to give up.
It works fine on anything else than the article list page, and believe me I tried pretty much everything

but no matter what I do, does it just throw me a nice picture of a monkey from one of my articles because the other picture 800x800 is too small, but for some odd reason works fine for anything else BUT
the article page, I'd appreciate if anyone could help me out, I've given two pictures for the sake of demonstration, notice the URL's

View attachment 131230

View attachment 131231
Whats the problem here? Its showing your forum's Open Graph logo. Try changing your OG logo if you dont like it...

Is it possible to change link instead of being mydomain.com/articles to mydomain.com?
Second question of the FAQ.

Any chance that you add an option to remove the built in articles widget? Gamespot use a different type of block from the home page for their categories and it's kinda cool but I don't see how can I do that with the categories, without creating a page (because I just don't want to have 1M pages when adding 1 option would do the trick ^^)
You would have to edit the template for the articles list and remove the articles bits. The default articles list page is designed as a default view that 99% of users would want to display; if you want to use something non-default, you'll have to do some work on your own.

Hi all, where do I get the updates from? How do I download?

Thanks
They get emailed directly to you. Check your spam folders.

Top Bottom