[8WR] XenPorta (Portal) PRO

[8WR] XenPorta (Portal) PRO [Paid] 1.2.2b

No permission to buy ($40.00)
Deleted the XenPorta facebook widget and used a Raw html block with code from facebook instead and now it's working perfectly. Something's wrong with the fb widget from XenPorta.

Honestly, not the best mod of the world. Difficult to use and the author refuse to give any real support.
I don't understand how create an article.
All structure is totally confused.
Actually, vbcms of vbulletin it's better than XenPorta
At the moment, for that matter my opinion, money thrown in the trash.
I do not recommend this plugin

Last edited:
Difficult to use and the author refuse to give any real support.

Having run with VBCMS for 6 years or so, I can understand the issues with the switchover, it will take time, took me a while to get the hang of everything to be honest, but a little effort and fiddling and eventually it comes clear....

Unfortunately, vbAdvanced who made VBCMS are no longer :(

vbAdvanced and VBCMS are two different mods.

Indeed, I stand corrected. But this is not the place (or time) for a vBulleting vs. Xenforo 'which is better' debate or argument.

But suffice it to say, ANY change from one system to another (phpBB, vBulletin, Xenforo whatever) will have growing pains and, more so for the Admins who do the background work on setup. But time and a little perseverance will get teh hiccups sorted out.

As to your first question....

I went and had a look as I did not use the "Articles" before I read this.... You can Promote a Thread to an Article. Open the thread itself, and under "Thread Tools" (Top Right) there's a pull down, on that list you can promote the Thread into an Article which will show up on the Xenporta front page.

As to....

If you could be a little clearer as to what is confusing, maybe a screen shot? I would be happy to see if I can shed some light on the issue. I'm not associated with the Mod Developer but I use it and find it a very nice tool on my forums, and it's what the community is all about right? Helping one another?

Honestly, not the best mod of the world. Difficult to use and the author refuse to give any real support.
At the moment, for that matter my opinion, money thrown in the trash.
I do not recommend this plugin

I couldn't disagree with this more. The support here is on point - Jaxel is very good at responding to any bugs that come up and releases patches very quickly. He also points people in the right direction when people don't understand - how many times in this thread have you seen him answer the same old questions to people who haven't taken the time to read the FAQ? What he doesn't do is custom code your website or CSS. And neither does Xenforo support.

If you don't understand how to create an article, then you've not read the FAQ or watched the extremely helpful videos that are posted there. There is so much information to get you going, and it is presented very clearly.

Learn how to use the product before publicly bashing it. XenPorta is a brilliant product, and has been such a huge step up from anything I had on vBulletin.

Is there any "Clear" documentation on creating Widgets? You know for the less skilled at coding types like myself? Really would like to add in some extra things but have been unable to figure it all out...

Or is there a repository somewhere of User Created Widgets?

Is there any "Clear" documentation on creating Widgets? You know for the less skilled at coding types like myself? Really would like to add in some extra things but have been unable to figure it all out...

Or is there a repository somewhere of User Created Widgets?
There are videos in the FAQ.

still have this question
What do you mean by "normal slider"? The widget system is extensible. if you dont like a widget, make your own.

View attachment 128140

Edit: How would I fix this? I am thinking it is the style properties. Only does it on this one theme both with and without Masonry Grid enabled. UI.X theme.

Reference: Link to past post on this issue.
Stay away from Open Sans font, lol
The only themes with this issue are UI.X theme... so ask in the UI.X threads.

What do you mean by "normal slider"? The widget system is extensible. if you dont like a widget, make your own.

I mean media/image slider. Only possible by manually coding it (or buy a plugin) or can the existent code of the "feature slider" be used and modified for that use?

How do you go about changing the tab title for XenPorta? Mine is just using the Board Title, but I'd like to make a unique name?

Also - what is the purpose of break text? What does it do and why would you use it?

Last edited:
How could we add the bread crumb for authors of article list?

Example: Navigating to example.com/articles/authors

Results in: Breadcrumb inheriting articles.

breadcrumb.webp

I mean media/image slider. Only possible by manually coding it (or buy a plugin) or can the existent code of the "feature slider" be used and modified for that use?
I dont understand... what are you trying to do? Make your own slider? You can do it by making your own widget.

How do you go about changing the tab title for XenPorta? Mine is just using the Board Title, but I'd like to make a unique name?

Also - what is the purpose of break text? What does it do and why would you use it?
This is by design. The built-in article page is designed to be a front page for your website... so it uses your board title and description. If you want to change it, just use the XenForo Template Modification System. Break text is for breaks in text previews for your articles page. Something like "click here to read more..."

How could we add the bread crumb for authors of article list?

Example: Navigating to example.com/articles/authors

Results in: Breadcrumb inheriting articles.

View attachment 128606
You can use the template modification system to change anything you want. However, articles are really nothing more than styled threads, so the breadcrumbs follow the thread format.

I dont understand... what are you trying to do? Make your own slider? You can do it by making your own widget.

I'm not sure how my question got complicated...

- You have developed a nicely looking slider
- You have developed it to be used to slide "featured threads"
- but I want it to slide normal images with the link being a link I want it to be (not a thread).
- I want it to be with the same style as the one you have developed.

Possible, or I have to look for something else?

- but I want it to slide normal images with the link being a link I want it to be (not a thread).

This is about custom and you have to pay more. Or simply use another addon for slider as you want.

I know what you want, I had to use another add0n to do the same thing, I use this one and it works on XenPorta 2 - https://xenforo.com/community/resources/xfa-image-slider.4753/

Top Bottom