[8WR] XenPorta (Portal) PRO

[8WR] XenPorta (Portal) PRO [Paid] 1.2.2b

No permission to buy ($40.00)
It is possible, one way to do that is by going into your hosting configuration panel and set the root folder to the /forum folder. Also , make sure that in the xenforo administration panel, the /forum part is removed from the index in options. Aka, change your website link in your admin control panel (acp) to www.domain.com instead of www.domain.com/forum .

If you are unsure how to change the path of the root folder, you should ask your hoster to do it for you. It does mean though that anything in the old folder should be moved to the /forum folder as well to make sure it is still accessible.

Another way is to move your xenforo installation to the root folder.
This is what I'd want to do. Would moving cause any problems in the future or things not working? And is it as easy as moving all the files in the "forum" directory to the root sectionin ftp? Or is that not a proper way to do it?

How do I add or choose categories and Authors to the "Article Simple" widget? There's no buttons to select anything? I'm assuming Categories means forums or subforums? The little edit tool on the right just takes me to a page that I haven't got a clue what anything means. :p

Capture.webp

I love Xenporta2 but I wish someone would write an alternative Threads Recent widget (Displays a list of most recently active threads)

Something similar to the timeline view in Tapatalk would be so nice. If I could, I would do it myself.

Screenshot_2015-11-30-18-04-32.webp

Cheers

For the article index I am trying to add a style css class to the articlelist bit IF the article is part of a specific category. So for example, I have <div class="x" but I want a class added when the article is part of category y, essentially becoming <div class="x y". None of the conditional statements I've tried worked unfortunately, so I wonder if there is a way to identify whether or not an article is in a specific category.

The reason I want this is to give certain articles in the index a slightly different style.

Sorry to bring this up again, but anyone an idea?

Sorry to bring this up again, but anyone an idea?
Built-in? No. But you can use CSS psuedo-selectors to make it happen. For instance:
Code:
.articleItem:has(.category_21)

When I promote a thread to an article the ParseHTML add-on no longer works. Anyone know a workaround for this?
This addon uses the bbcode parser built into XenForo. That addon may use something different.

How do I add or choose categories and Authors to the "Article Simple" widget? There's no buttons to select anything? I'm assuming Categories means forums or subforums? The little edit tool on the right just takes me to a page that I haven't got a clue what anything means. :p

View attachment 122730
You need to make categories. There is a menu for it in your admin CP.

@Jaxel i purchased this around 6 months ago, where can i download the updates, im not seeing them in my dropbox.
Whats your email address? Updates get emailed directly to you when they are released. Check your spam folders.

Is there a way to change the colour of the thread title on the articles? I've had a look at EWRporta2.css but not sure if it's the right one. If you look at the screenshot my thread titles are blue on blue so I'd like to change that if possible, thanks.

Capture.webp

Error a hour after upgrade from 1.5.2 to 1.5.3

An exception occurred: Serialized value contains an object and this is now allowed in /var/www/html/library/XenForo/DataWriter.php on line 805

1. XenForo_DataWriter->_castValueToType() in XenForo/DataWriter.php at line 721
  2. XenForo_DataWriter->_isFieldValueValid() in XenForo/DataWriter.php at line 643
  3. XenForo_DataWriter->set() in EWRporta2/Model/Widlinks.php at line 232
  4. EWRporta2_Model_Widlinks->getWidlinkParams() in EWRporta2/ViewPublic/Global.php at line 81
  5. EWRporta2_ViewPublic_Global->prepareParams() in XenForo/ViewRenderer/Abstract.php at line 220
  6. XenForo_ViewRenderer_Abstract->renderViewObject() in XenForo/ViewRenderer/HtmlPublic.php at line 71
  7. XenForo_ViewRenderer_HtmlPublic->renderView() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 605
  8. XenForo_FrontController->renderView() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 158
  9. XenForo_FrontController->run() in /var/www/html/index.php at line 13
That error is related to the changes added in the new version. You can see it here.

https://xenforo.com/community/threa...zation-compatibility-changes-in-1-5-3.109056/

Last edited:
have searched this thread but alas couldn't find an answer if there is a max-width setting for images as large images break the layout..

edit - nevermind...figured it out

Last edited:
Error a hour after upgrade from 1.5.2 to 1.5.3

An exception occurred: Serialized value contains an object and this is now allowed in /var/www/html/library/XenForo/DataWriter.php on line 805

1. XenForo_DataWriter->_castValueToType() in XenForo/DataWriter.php at line 721
  2. XenForo_DataWriter->_isFieldValueValid() in XenForo/DataWriter.php at line 643
  3. XenForo_DataWriter->set() in EWRporta2/Model/Widlinks.php at line 232
  4. EWRporta2_Model_Widlinks->getWidlinkParams() in EWRporta2/ViewPublic/Global.php at line 81
  5. EWRporta2_ViewPublic_Global->prepareParams() in XenForo/ViewRenderer/Abstract.php at line 220
  6. XenForo_ViewRenderer_Abstract->renderViewObject() in XenForo/ViewRenderer/HtmlPublic.php at line 71
  7. XenForo_ViewRenderer_HtmlPublic->renderView() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 605
  8. XenForo_FrontController->renderView() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 158
  9. XenForo_FrontController->run() in /var/www/html/index.php at line 13
That error is related to the changes added in the new version. You can see it here.

https://xenforo.com/community/threa...zation-compatibility-changes-in-1-5-3.109056/
Are there any progress?

Same problem after install the 1.1.6a, but now I get the error after I logged in!

Code:

XenForo_DataWriter->_castValueToType() in XenForo/DataWriter.php at line 721
    XenForo_DataWriter->_isFieldValueValid() in XenForo/DataWriter.php at line 643
    XenForo_DataWriter->set() in EWRporta2/Model/Widlinks.php at line 232
    EWRporta2_Model_Widlinks->getWidlinkParams() in EWRporta2/ViewPublic/Global.php at line 81
    EWRporta2_ViewPublic_Global->prepareParams() in XenForo/ViewRenderer/Abstract.php at line 220
    XenForo_ViewRenderer_Abstract->renderViewObject() in XenForo/ViewRenderer/HtmlPublic.php at line 71
    XenForo_ViewRenderer_HtmlPublic->renderView() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 605
    XenForo_FrontController->renderView() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 158
    XenForo_FrontController->run() in /var/www/html/index.php at line 13

Code:
XenForo_Exception: Serialized value contains an object and this is now allowed - library/XenForo/DataWriter.php:805
Generated By: Susan, 5 minutes ago
Code:
#0 /var/www/html/library/XenForo/DataWriter.php(721): XenForo_DataWriter->_castValueToType('serialized', Array, 'cache', Array)
#1 /var/www/html/library/XenForo/DataWriter.php(643): XenForo_DataWriter->_isFieldValueValid('cache', Array, Array, Array)
#2 /var/www/html/library/EWRporta2/Model/Widlinks.php(232): XenForo_DataWriter->set('cache', Array)
#3 /var/www/html/library/EWRporta2/ViewPublic/Global.php(81): EWRporta2_Model_Widlinks->getWidlinkParams(Array)
#4 /var/www/html/library/XenForo/ViewRenderer/Abstract.php(220): EWRporta2_ViewPublic_Global->prepareParams()
#5 /var/www/html/library/XenForo/ViewRenderer/HtmlPublic.php(71): XenForo_ViewRenderer_Abstract->renderViewObject('EWRporta2_ViewP...', 'Html', Array, 'EWRporta2_Artic...')
#6 /var/www/html/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(605): XenForo_ViewRenderer_HtmlPublic->renderView('EWRporta2_ViewP...', Array, 'EWRporta2_Artic...', NULL)
#7 /var/www/html/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(158): XenForo_FrontController->renderView(Object(XenForo_ControllerResponse_View), Object(XenForo_ViewRenderer_HtmlPublic), Array)
#8 /var/www/html/index.php(13): XenForo_FrontController->run()
#9 {main}
Code:
array(3) {
  ["url"] => string(26) "https://www.caviaforum.nl/"
  ["_GET"] => array(0) {
  }
  ["_POST"] => array(0) {
  }
}

Code:
XenForo_Exception: Serialized value contains an object and this is now allowed - library/XenForo/DataWriter.php:805
Generated By: Susan, 5 minutes ago
Code:
#0 /var/www/html/library/XenForo/DataWriter.php(721): XenForo_DataWriter->_castValueToType('serialized', Array, 'cache', Array)
#1 /var/www/html/library/XenForo/DataWriter.php(643): XenForo_DataWriter->_isFieldValueValid('cache', Array, Array, Array)
#2 /var/www/html/library/EWRporta2/Model/Widlinks.php(232): XenForo_DataWriter->set('cache', Array)
#3 /var/www/html/library/EWRporta2/ViewPublic/Global.php(81): EWRporta2_Model_Widlinks->getWidlinkParams(Array)
#4 /var/www/html/library/XenForo/ViewRenderer/Abstract.php(220): EWRporta2_ViewPublic_Global->prepareParams()
#5 /var/www/html/library/XenForo/ViewRenderer/HtmlPublic.php(71): XenForo_ViewRenderer_Abstract->renderViewObject('EWRporta2_ViewP...', 'Html', Array, 'EWRporta2_Artic...')
#6 /var/www/html/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(605): XenForo_ViewRenderer_HtmlPublic->renderView('EWRporta2_ViewP...', Array, 'EWRporta2_Artic...', NULL)
#7 /var/www/html/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(158): XenForo_FrontController->renderView(Object(XenForo_ControllerResponse_View), Object(XenForo_ViewRenderer_HtmlPublic), Array)
#8 /var/www/html/index.php(13): XenForo_FrontController->run()
#9 {main}
Code:
array(3) {
  ["url"] => string(26) "https://www.caviaforum.nl/"
  ["_GET"] => array(0) {
  }
  ["_POST"] => array(0) {
  }
}
Did you upload all the files? Seems like you didn't. I'm running it on my setup right now.

Top Bottom