[8WR] XenPorta (Portal) PRO

[8WR] XenPorta (Portal) PRO [Paid] 1.2.2b

No permission to buy ($40.00)
@Jaxel notice something about widgets that either i've screwed up or might be a bug.
df1e7538a39d4eafa515ffc123ee8195.png

In my configuration i have blocks on the RIGHT side, when trying to add a block to the left, reguardless of what it is, i get that xenporta running down the side of it.
The second issue is with the recent posts, i could have sworn it used to say "recent posts" but for some reason (just notice) it says "Title".
it's named correctly within the widgets area, so not sure why it's showing like that.

Hi,

Does xenporta use hooks?

If so, how to find them?
Hooks are deprecated. Use the template modification system.

@Jaxel sorry to bump, just wondered if you had any advice on this quote
CSS is your friend...

@Jaxel notice something about widgets that either i've screwed up or might be a bug.
df1e7538a39d4eafa515ffc123ee8195.png

In my configuration i have blocks on the RIGHT side, when trying to add a block to the left, reguardless of what it is, i get that xenporta running down the side of it.
The second issue is with the recent posts, i could have sworn it used to say "recent posts" but for some reason (just notice) it says "Title".
it's named correctly within the widgets area, so not sure why it's showing like that.
The copyright is cleared on both sides... shouldn't happen, sounds like a skin issue.

XenPorta2 can only exist within XenForo.

Requests:
  1. For an Article containing a YouTube video, it'd be great if the video thumbnail could be extracted and used as the article icon. Seems like part of this functionality exists for Features.
  2. For an already existing Article or Feature, can the verbs in the Article Tools menu be changed from "Promote to" to "Edit"? It just makes it obvious whether or not the article is currently promoted/featured.

Hi a fast question, how can make the image clickable on the homepage ?

I activate Enable External Images I put an image on top of the post, and the articles looks great in the homepage. My problem is when you click the image, instead of that redirecting you to open the article, it just expands.

Any advice for that?

thank you.

I just bought the branding removal version and it's just instructions on how to remove the branding, no package download. Did I buy the wrong thing?

So if we have customized our XenPorta, will it break those customizations?

I don't think there is anything that we will dearly miss in this upgrade for now, but just curious in case we decide to upgrade at some point.

I just bought the branding removal version and it's just instructions on how to remove the branding, no package download. Did I buy the wrong thing?
The branding removal and the addon are separate.

So if we have customized our XenPorta, will it break those customizations?

I don't think there is anything that we will dearly miss in this upgrade for now, but just curious in case we decide to upgrade at some point.
It wont break anything.

I feel like an idiot then. Would you mind adding that disclaimer so that similarly idiotic persons don't make that mistake in the future? Thanks in advance.

Hi Jaxel and all,

I have an issue with the "Threads recent" widget in XenPorta 2 Pro 2.0.
During a SEO audit I have seen that the URL of the recent threads listed in the widget have this format:
https://www.mywebsite/posts/551205/
and they are 301 redirected to:
https://www.mywebsite/threads/mythreadtitle.97584/#post-551205
In order to avoid to have internal 301 redirections, I would like to have the final real URL in the "Threads recent" widget.
Is it possible?

Thanks in advance for your help
David

Hi Jaxel and all,

I have an issue with the "Threads recent" widget in XenPorta 2 Pro 2.0.
During a SEO audit I have seen that the URL of the recent threads listed in the widget have this format:
https://www.mywebsite/posts/551205/
and they are 301 redirected to:
https://www.mywebsite/threads/mythreadtitle.97584/#post-551205
In order to avoid to have internal 301 redirections, I would like to have the final real URL in the "Threads recent" widget.
Is it possible?

Thanks in advance for your help
David
Thats the new post link. Its used throughout XenForo.

@Jaxel...

Well it did break it. I had somehow moved the HOME tab to the far left of my tabs and took away the dropdown menu items. Now the HOME tab is over in the middle of my tabs with the dropdown menu back. Arhhhgggg! Now I got to take time to figure that out again. I should have left it alone!

Any idea why it would move my HOME tab from all the way over to the far left to where it is now? And why the dropdown menu reappeared? I spent about 2-3 hours getting that figured out last time I did it. Done spent another hour tonight trying to figure it out to no avail.

upload_2017-4-15_1-43-35.webp

Any idea why it would move my HOME tab from all the way over to the far left to where it is now? And why the dropdown menu reappeared? I spent about 2-3 hours getting that figured out last time I did it. Done spent another hour tonight trying to figure it out to no avail.

View attachment 151272
The XenForo navtab system has "positions" for tabs. The navtab for this addon is in the first position... but it looks like so do the navtabs for your News and Reviews addons. In that case, the order would be determined by whichever listeners get fired first. You can change the order of your navtab listeners in the Code Event Listeners section of your Admin CP in debug mode.

Thank you... they were both set to 10, so I changed the custom tabs to 11. Strange that I did not have to do that previously, but none the less it is fixed.

Can you tell me how to get rid of the drop down menu for "only" the Home tab? When I comment out...
Code:
<a href="{$extraTab.href}" class="SplitCtrl" rel="Menu"></a>
... it removes it on my custom tabs as well, which I don't want.

Thanks again!

Thank you... they were both set to 10, so I changed the custom tabs to 11. Strange that I did not have to do that previously, but none the less it is fixed.

Can you tell me how to get rid of the drop down menu for "only" the Home tab? When I comment out...
Code:
<a href="{$extraTab.href}" class="SplitCtrl" rel="Menu"></a>
... it removes it on my custom tabs as well, which I don't want.

Thanks again!
You have to use CSS to hide it. Otherwise it will remove your subnav as well.

Top Bottom