[8WR] XenPorta (Portal) PRO

[8WR] XenPorta (Portal) PRO [Paid] 1.2.2b

No permission to buy ($40.00)
Also. I just wanted a frontpage type thing. No articles, and all that extra stuff. Where can I just put like an about me page on the front. Maybe some widgets. Has anyone designed some better templates for this add on?

Can someone please help me?

I am just wanting to use this add on like a frontpage with maybe one or two widgets, but instead of using it as an article system I want to just put what my website is about... etc. Or have a main page that is static in the middle/center and maybe live articles on the bottom.

You know what I am trying to say? Like a frontpage/homepage about me that is static?

Can someone please help me?

I am just wanting to use this add on like a frontpage with maybe one or two widgets, but instead of using it as an article system I want to just put what my website is about... etc. Or have a main page that is static in the middle/center and maybe live articles on the bottom.

You know what I am trying to say? Like a frontpage/homepage about me that is static?

It looks like what I want is going to have to be designed probably by RAW HTML BLOCK.

I just find it hard to believe that this fancy add on doesn't have a basic static option for just a normal about me page/widget without all the frills.

Am I going to have to have someone design me a homepage in raw html?

It looks like what I want is going to have to be designed probably by RAW HTML BLOCK.

I just find it hard to believe that this fancy add on doesn't have a basic static option for just a normal about me page/widget without all the frills.

Am I going to have to have someone design me a homepage in raw html?
Just make a PAGE node, and set your widgets around that. Check the FAQ.

Is there a way to rename the default article? I just want to use that but when i set it as homepage it says /forums/article

One more question. When I made a featured thing and added a picture it came out boxed. Like it had black boarders. Any way to stretch the pictures?

How do i add more than one slider picture to a featured thread? also how to i stop images from have a black boarder around the image on featured?

Hi @Jaxel,

I've noticed that the Threads Recent widget is empty for unregistered / registered members who have limited access to our forums, even when there are new and recent threads to display. It displays correctly for members with full access to the forums though.

When I disable the Widget Framework and see how the default sidepanel handles this, it doesn't show this widget block at all to the user, which makes me think I may have missed something. But either way, it shouldn't show an empty widget block.

You are correct... this is an oversight on my part.

Hey @Jaxel,

Since posting this I had changed my permissions and made my forums public, which made this problem go away. However I have now made my forums private again except for two news forums, and I have this problem again. Did you find a solution?

I've done a bit of Googling about this but can't seem to find anything "concrete".

How do I make this act like the old version and automatically grab the first image in a post and use that on the article?

I know this has most likely been asked before, but searching thru these 164 pages has been hard.

Anyhow, I want to know how would I be able to have a width of like 315 for portal main page on right sidebar, but for all other layouts to have only 160 for right sidebar, i can control the width of left and right, but it changes all layouts, how to customize just the main xenporta page to use a wider sidebar than the rest of the site.

Thanks.

P.S. - It also would be nice to have the option of two sidebars on the same side, for example double-right, like 160 each, instead of one on the left and one on right! :)

I know this has most likely been asked before, but searching thru these 164 pages has been hard.

Anyhow, I want to know how would I be able to have a width of like 315 for portal main page on right sidebar, but for all other layouts to have only 160 for right sidebar, i can control the width of left and right, but it changes all layouts, how to customize just the main xenporta page to use a wider sidebar than the rest of the site.

Thanks.

P.S. - It also would be nice to have the option of two sidebars on the same side, for example double-right, like 160 each, instead of one on the left and one on right! :)
Custom CSS rules that only apply to the articles page would get that done no problem.

Top Bottom