[8WR] XenAtendo (Events) PRO

[8WR] XenAtendo (Events) PRO [Paid] 1.1.5

No permission to buy ($30.00)
I don't think you understand the problem.

I am not the user. The user is the several 1000 members of the forum.

If user does not select the option, no thread is created in the forum, RSVP is broken. They do not know this beforehand and this cannot be corrected afterwards.

If user does select the option then it's ok.

But the user does not know they can break RSVP by not selecting the forum. So they don't get the functionality they expect and cannot correct it afterwards.

If the user adds event from the event page it defaults to no forum and breaks RSVP.

So the logic is that you are asking a user to predict what the plugin will do, predict that it will break RSVP so they know to tick this option beforehand.

Users don't know all the problems of not selecting the option before they don't select it. You do. I do. They don't.

It breaks if they don't select the option. It defaults to not selecting the option. That would seem to be against providing a product that helps.

I cannot see that option anywhere, where is it? Below is the Event Creation dialogue, and the Event Options from the Admin CP.

Where else could the option be? Thanks.

Event Creation.webpEvents Options.webp

I'm currently working on upgrading XenAtendo for XenForo 2. I'm looking for comments on a few changes I plan on making in the new version...

In the XF1 version, events and threads were separate. Because of this, you could make events without tying them to threads. In my experience, this has let to a lot of confusion. People not understanding the subtle differences, etc...

With the new XF2 version, I would like to do away with this. Instead events will be linked intrinsically with threads... so you can't make an event without linking it to a thread. This would reduce a lot of confusion, as well as fix some other minor issues (like the thread hover preview text). The downside of doing it this way would be that it would not be feasible to make an XF1->XF2 importer for XenAtendo.

Opinions?

Thank you for giving this info.

We have 3000-5000 events per year. It would be very annoying to have 3000-5000 mostly empty threads, if threads are obligatory. Or do you mean that events and threads are the same, so events have thread discussion on the same page (=one page to visit event AND thread)? That would be great.

Since we have +20.000 events in XF1 database we must import them into XF2. Loosing their threads at import would be ok. Coustom importer / manual importing would be fine to, but the events must be put into archive of XenAtendo to search them.

Do you take other suggestions for XenAtendo for Xenforo 2?

Once again, thank you!

Sorry, not a native speaker here.
An event would create a thread, not on same event page and not to turn off?

Imagine a well visited calendar with 3000-5000 events per year, where only maybe 1% is discussed. Rest would be empty threads...

IME no one cares much about past events. It's future events that really matter. An archiving function on conversion would be great for those that would need to save things for posterity.

I always have a thread tied to the event. It's seamless, you have one link to the event, the calendar link brings up the event thread, honestly I wouldn't really have a need for it any other way. Post #1 is the event description. Lock the thread immediately if you don't want discussion.

The only nuance is that when you go to edit the first post, you can't actually edit the post itself, as the post is just a BBcode tag. You have to click the link and edit the event.

Now here is where I've found a couple nuances. When you edit the event description, things like mentions don't quite work smoothly. So if I add in a mention after the fact, it doesn't get converted, it will show up as the @ sign and member name. so I have to go in and actually add the code manually to force the tag to show up and link to the user. Same with URLs, I think...they work when you initially create the event, but not when you edit them. Not sure if this is a bug or just the way it is - perhaps this can be looked it though.

Making events part of threads would solve those issues... another reason I wanted to do it this way.

If events and threads are the same (so event dates, map, description, tags... on top of page and below possible thread discussion) my scenario (no discussions) would be no problem. Only if it is two things, like today, events and threads on different pages.

Would it allow import from XenAtendo 1?

By default I've forced XenAtendo 1 to use threads. I'm not sure of the benefits of doing it any other way.

Is there any plans on extending the RSVP function?
More specific something similar to Enjin (gaming focused) calendar.

I had a custom built event manager on my old forum (SMF) that had these functions. Do you think this is something that will ever happen with XenAtendo?
The creating of an event:
Title
Eventleader
Start date and start time
End date and end time
Signup deadline (also be able to skip this option)
Tag
Automatic adding (groups)
Optional: Event for certain groups
Description

When signing up for an event:
Character (with a dropdown menu that gives you previous characters you made + "Create new character")
Character Name
Class - This should be connected to the type of tag it is. So for example if I as Admin create and tag I need to fill out the Classes for that tag.
Role - Same as above
Comment

When the event is created:
Invite people with PM - Invite based on groups
Change settings of the event
Accept, reserve and remove members from the signup list
Send PM to everyone who has signed up

There should be three kind of signups:
Enrolled (Blue)
Reserve (Yellow)
Accepted (Green)

Did you add the Google API information to your admin CP?
@Jaxel I just installed another addon that required a Google API key and I swear that I had added one and pasted it into the ACP for XenAtendo2, but when I go to the options for that in ACP, there's nothing listed in that field. Yet, I have no problem with the map showing up when creating and posting events. Is that odd?

Is there an option available to have moderation alerts of new event requests to be also notified through email as well?

Last edited:
@Jaxel

Having a bit of an issue here....

I Just updated to 1.1.5 and got this when trying to create a new event....

Mysqli prepare error: Unknown column 'event_date' in 'field list'
Zend_Db_Statement_Mysqli->_prepare() in Zend/Db/Statement.php at line 115
Zend_Db_Statement->__construct() in Zend/Db/Adapter/Mysqli.php at line 381
Zend_Db_Adapter_Mysqli->prepare() in Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php at line 478
Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->query() in Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php at line 574
Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->insert() in XenForo/DataWriter.php at line 1638
XenForo_DataWriter->_insert() in XenForo/DataWriter.php at line 1627
XenForo_DataWriter->_save() in XenForo/DataWriter.php at line 1419
XenForo_DataWriter->save() in EWRatendo2/Model/Events.php at line 86
EWRatendo2_Model_Events->updateEvent() in EWRatendo2/ControllerPublic/Calendar.php at line 138
EWRatendo2_ControllerPublic_Calendar->actionCreate() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 351
XenForo_FrontController->dispatch() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 134
XenForo_FrontController->run() in /srv/www/htdocs/FOURM/index.php at line 13

Did a Search and seems the "event_date" column got deleted (How is beyond me) so I re-created it, and now I get this....

An exception occurred: Call to a member function insertIntoIndex() on boolean in /srv/www/htdocs/FORUM/library/EWRatendo2/DataWriter/Events.php on line 80

1. EWRatendo2_DataWriter_Events->_indexForSearch() inEWRatendo2/DataWriter/Events.php at line 62
  2. EWRatendo2_DataWriter_Events->_postSave() in XenForo/DataWriter.php at line 1423
  3. XenForo_DataWriter->save() in EWRatendo2/Model/Events.php at line 86
  4. EWRatendo2_Model_Events->updateEvent() inEWRatendo2/ControllerPublic/Calendar.php at line 138
  5. EWRatendo2_ControllerPublic_Calendar->actionCreate() in XenForo/FrontController.phpat line 351
  6. XenForo_FrontController->dispatch() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 134
  7. XenForo_FrontController->run() in /srv/www/htdocs/FORUM/index.php at line 13

Do Maybe I created the event_date column wrong?

Something else missing here that I am unaware of?

Should I completely remove the AddOn and start from an older version?

:)

Thanks

Last edited:
Top Bottom