• This forum has been archived. New threads and replies may not be made. All add-ons/resources that are active should be migrated to the Resource Manager. See this thread for more information.

[8wayRun.Com] XenPorta (Portal)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Try...
-bond -patrick Teraonline OR TeraPVP OR #Tera OR TeraEurope :)

The smiley face at the end limits it to only significant posts with a positive attitude. I currently use "#soulcalibur OR #soulcaliburv OR #scv :)" and it got rid of all RTs.

That doesn't work at all for me. When I do my search without the :) on Twitter there are approximately 100 tweets which appear. All the tweets are original, no retweets. When I add the :) only 4 tweets appear. I lose 90%+ of the original tweets.

Need another solution.

As far as your portal change, I love it. I would recommend hiding the "Upload a module" portion as users shouldn't really be able to see it.

Hey guys... I want you to guys to head over to: http://www.8wayrun.com/

You will see a new link on the navbar called "Customize This Page"...

Try it out... tell me what you think.

The Thin recent news works great! Any thoughts on thinning the other modules as well? I would love the ability to use your AWESOME mods to create a giant listing similar to macrumors.com.

Also, how do I get the twitter and facebook likes to show up on my news posts?

Also, how do I get the twitter and facebook likes to show up on my news posts?
If they are not appearing either:

- you have not updated to the current version
- you have made template modifications that are preventing the changes from appearing in your style. Revert the templates.

• Module Administration page has been rewritten using jQuery UI's sortable function which will allow ordering and positioning through dragging and dropping. This new version of the module administration page REQUIRES javascript. If javascript is disabled, you will not be able to drag and drop modules.
  • Thin version of RecentThreads block has been added.

New modules page is great, and now thanks to the thin version of recent threads module, I can use left and right blocks and use recent threads module at the same time without making my site look like a labyrinth. :)

Jaxel. I am running out of 'space' on my portal. Will you make it possible to make multiple pages on the portal?

Yes
this is what I did for all my html blocks

HTML:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<module>
  <module_name>blahblah</module_name>
  <module_cache>+7 day</module_cache>
  <module_settings/>
  <module_template><![CDATA[<xen:include template="Templatename" />]]></module_template>
</module>

Than just make the blank template and add your code

Perfect thank you dude!

Another thing, where in the templates is the site title above the content? As in here -> http://www.gamingonlinux.com/chill/index.php?portal/ i want to get rid of the "Gaming On Linux" text after the breadcrumb nav.

How can you run out of space?? You can make the thing as big as you need it to be, can't you?

Well I didn't mean it like that. I only want a certain number of modules as things take time to process etc. I don't want the page to become to big or take to long to process.

If you ever want to find out which template you're viewing:

How can I find out which template to edit?
Using your browser, view the page source and look for a line of code near the top of the page which begins
<div id="content" class="; the class is the name of the template. So for the main forum page, the line of code is:
<div id="content" class="forum_list">, which makes the template forum_list.

http://xenforo.com/community/threads/frequently-asked-questions.5183/#post-181037

If they are not appearing either:

- you have not updated to the current version
- you have made template modifications that are preventing the changes from appearing in your style. Revert the templates.

That was it! I didn't realize I had edited the template.

Did you try...
-bond -patrick Teraonline OR TeraPVP OR #Tera OR TeraEurope -RT
Worked perfect.

That simple information is not anywhere I could find on Twitter or Google. The default search in twitter seems to block retweets without adding -RT to the url.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom