• This forum has been archived. New threads and replies may not be made. All add-ons/resources that are active should be migrated to the Resource Manager. See this thread for more information.

[8wayRun.Com] XenPorta (Portal)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nevermind, I got it! Oracle, Jaxel's reply to my post covers #1 and 2. :)

Just need to know about #3 now, Jaxel.

Code:
#content.EWRporta_Portal { background-image: url('styles/flexile/xenforo/background.jpg') !important; }

Jaxel, need a method to stop ReTweets. My site is full of them.

If I copy my exact search and paste it into twitter, the search results are perfect, no retweets. I did a bunch of reading on the topic and it seems Twitter filters out retweets from results unless you specifically include a term to include them.

My search:
-bond -patrick Teraonline OR TeraPVP OR #Tera OR TeraEurope

What happens is the official site offers a tweet once, and then it is retweeted a dozen times. I definitely want to leave my search terms as-is. Any time @TeraOnline @TeraPVP or @TeraEurope is mentioned or sends a tweet, the results should be captured, or when the #TERA hash is used.

uh yeah speaking of twitter.... are my own tweets the only tweets that are supposed to show in that twitter box?

Jaxel, need a method to stop ReTweets. My site is full of them.

If I copy my exact search and paste it into twitter, the search results are perfect, no retweets. I did a bunch of reading on the topic and it seems Twitter filters out retweets from results unless you specifically include a term to include them.

My search:
-bond -patrick Teraonline OR TeraPVP OR #Tera OR TeraEurope

What happens is the official site offers a tweet once, and then it is retweeted a dozen times. I definitely want to leave my search terms as-is. Any time @TeraOnline @TeraPVP or @TeraEurope is mentioned or sends a tweet, the results should be captured, or when the #TERA hash is used.
Try...
-bond -patrick Teraonline OR TeraPVP OR #Tera OR TeraEurope :)

The smiley face at the end limits it to only significant posts with a positive attitude. I currently use "#soulcalibur OR #soulcaliburv OR #scv :)" and it got rid of all RTs.

[8wayRun.Com] XenPorta (Portal) v1.3.6 CHANGELOG
  • Module Administration page has been rewritten using jQuery UI's sortable function which will allow ordering and positioning through dragging and dropping. This new version of the module administration page REQUIRES javascript. If javascript is disabled, you will not be able to drag and drop modules.
  • Editing Module Settings will now be handled through the AJAX AutoValidator.
  • Fixed a bug where if two users accessed an uncached module at the same time, it would error out during the creation of the cache item. The double cache entry will now fail out silently.
  • Module templates now pass in a "position" variable, so now modules can have special "thin" versions for when the module is placed in the sidebars.
  • Thin version of RecentThreads block has been added.
  • Slightly modified Twitter block to give better support for advanced search queries.
  • Added a "CoverItLive" block for those who use live blogging.

[8wayRun.Com] XenPorta (Portal) v1.3.6 CHANGELOG
  • Module Administration page has been rewritten using jQuery UI's sortable function which will allow ordering and positioning through dragging and dropping. This new version of the module administration page REQUIRES javascript. If javascript is disabled, you will not be able to drag and drop modules.
  • Editing Module Settings will now be handled through the AJAX AutoValidator.
  • Fixed a bug where if two users accessed an uncached module at the same time, it would error out during the creation of the cache item. The double cache entry will now fail out silently.
  • Module templates now pass in a "position" variable, so now modules can have special "thin" versions for when the module is placed in the sidebars.
  • Thin version of RecentThreads block has been added.
  • Slightly modified Twitter block to give better support for advanced search queries.
  • Added a "CoverItLive" block for those who use live blogging.

NICE!! I will be upgrading shortly.

Jason, I just noticed this on my portal -

recentnews.webp

Is there a way to minimize the size of the number box for tweets?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom