• This forum has been archived. New threads and replies may not be made. All add-ons/resources that are active should be migrated to the Resource Manager. See this thread for more information.

[8wayRun.Com] XenPorta (Portal)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Where do I find the new thin version of the RecentThreads block?

Just move the recent threads block to the left or right. If it doesn't work it means you have edited it. You have to revert the template and it should work.

Jaxel, what about adding phrases for default modules? We have to edit them with each upgrade.

The new update looks great :)
The admin interface is even easier than before and the new position variable was a nice surprise.

Can modules have three views?
Left / Right
Top / Bottom
Center

The new update looks great :)
The admin interface is even easier than before and the new position variable was a nice surprise.

Can modules have three views?
Left / Right
Top / Bottom
Center
Modules can have FIVE views if you wish.

1. Left
  2. Right
  3. Top
  4. bottom
  5. Center

No, Brogan, I think you've got this thread confused with a support thread. I'm not moving my install... Wouldn't need support for that kind of level of configuration setting ;)

My XF install is in the root directory, that is, site.com/.
I've used Jaxel's XenPorta (this thread) addon to create a portal, and used the remapping option to make / portal, and /forum/ my forums section.
Unfortunately, /forum was a legacy path used by vB4 redirect (since old forum prior to import to XF was in /forum), so I need to map the forums section to a different location. Specifically, /community/ like here.
There is no visible option to do this in the addon, so I am asking the author how I'd come about doing that with minimal edits so it won't be a problem with future updates.

Not sure if you ever figured this out but I think I just did it okay on mine.

Xenforo and all the files are in web root. XenPorta is setup to hijack the index and move xenforo to /forum

However I wanted /community as well so in the library/EWRporta/Helper/Index.php file line 69 I changed

Code:
$routesPublic['forum'] = array(
to
Code:
$routesPublic['community'] = array(
Next change was in library/EWRporta/Routes/Forum.php
Code:
return $router->getRouteMatch('XenForo_ControllerPublic_Index', $routePath, 'forum');
changed to
Code:
return $router->getRouteMatch('XenForo_ControllerPublic_Index', $routePath, 'community');
Then in librarby/EWRporta/Routes/Index.php
Code:
return XenForo_Link::buildBasicLink('forum', $action, $extension);
change to
Code:
return XenForo_Link::buildBasicLink('community', $action, $extension);
Seems to be initially working okay, I haven't done anything else with setting up or adding modules to it, but i dont see why it wont work.

Demo:
http://digital-photography-forum.com
http://digital-photography-forum.com/community

Update: You'll need to change the forum path in certain module files as well. If you get a error on your portal page after adding a module, you'll need to search their files and find the problem.

can we have multiple instances of modules with different criteria... ability to customize display name on the portal???
What do you mean? Like having Twitter1 block get search results for Chevy cars, and Twitter2 block getting search results for Ford?

If so, you have that ability now. In the above example, you would click Export on the existing Twitter block, change the name to Twitter2 or whatever you like, import it, change the search settings and title, and you are set.

What do you mean? Like having Twitter1 block get search results for Chevy cars, and Twitter2 block getting search results for Ford?

If so, you have that ability now. In the above example, you would click Export on the existing Twitter block, change the name to Twitter2 or whatever you like, import it, change the search settings and title, and you are set.

you got it! interesting point as I was not even considering export feature...

Very nice work.
Will all the modules be updated with every Portal Upgrade or do i have to update the modules by myself? Means, deleting the ones i have integrated and install them from the new addon´s xml folder?

Jaxel, whenever I use the Promote Thread button, after clicking it, this appears on the button:

<span>Promote Options</span>

However there are no options. Is this a bug?

Very nice work.
Will all the modules be updated with every Portal Upgrade or do i have to update the modules by myself? Means, deleting the ones i have integrated and install them from the new addon´s xml folder?

The modules never need to be updated. At least, they never had to so far.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom