• This forum has been archived. New threads and replies may not be made. All add-ons/resources that are active should be migrated to the Resource Manager. See this thread for more information.

[8wayRun.Com] XenPorta (Portal)

Status
Not open for further replies.
yes, me as admin can see them. if i logout i cant see them.
And you are sure you setup the page using "Administrate Modules" and not using "Customize this page" ?

"Customize this page" = Your personal settings.
"Administratr Modules" = the global default settings as you want them to be for the users.

And you are sure you setup the page using "Administrate Modules" and not using "Customize this page" ?

"Customize this page" = Your personal settings.
"Administratr Modules" = the global default settings as you want them to be for the users.
fixed it, thx

But what do I have to do to crate the slide, and where is the slide.jpg located

You just use a normal image creation program and create a jpeg image of whatever you want displayed and attach it to the post you want to be displayed... simple.

I have never had any issues out of this add-on, it's top notch. I am sure this is something I have done, but for some reason, in the Facebook Module, the people who like, are being shown twice...

I see the other two twice, and when they look, they see me twice, with the other user as well. Odd.

Any ideas on what would cause this?

Does anyone know how to get images posted within the thread, to show in the RecentNews block on the portal?

I want to be able to wrap text around images etc and create a nice image/text post for the homepage, but for some reason the images are stripped out.

Any help on this really appreciated.

Add to EXTRA.css
Code:
.recentNews .messageUserBlock { display: none; }
.recentNews .newsDate { float: right; margin-left: 10px; }
.recentNews .newsText { margin-left: 0px; }
People need to stop doing XFacil's edits. Most of what he edits can be done through CSS, without editing the core code.

Hi Jaxel,

Only the .recentNews .messageUserBlock { display: none; } seems to be working. It removes the avatar box, but the date is left on the left hand side.

If I change .recentNews .newsDate { float: right; margin-left: 10px; } to .recentNews .newsDate { display: none; } it removes the date from the left hand side, however im struggling to remove the margin gap its left as .recentNews .newsText { margin-left: 0px; } isnt working.

Any idea how I can remove the magin on the left hand side at all?

My mistake, Ive just tried upload two photos and it does display the second photo. Heres an example of what I mean though. When I create the post it looks like this:

thread.webp

But when posted to the portal it shows as:

home.webp

Another issue seems to be if you then go back into edit the post, none of the changes show on the portal page. EG, In the above example I have spelt "inages" and not "images" - If I correct that in the post, the portal is not updated. The only option is to delete the thread and do it again.

Another issue seems to be if you then go back into edit the post, none of the changes show on the portal page. EG, In the above example I have spelt "inages" and not "images" - If I correct that in the post, the portal is not updated. The only option is to delete the thread and do it again.
Empty the cache.
Administrate Modules>(find recent news block)>select the "(0)" which will flush/empty the cache.
Or quickly it's: http://yourdomain.com/yourinstalldir/portal/RecentNews/empty

In the picture below the spacing on the left side isn't correctly proportioned to the right side. I would like the left side to have the same spacing as the right. I think its a margin deal but not sure where to edit the css. Anyone have any ideas?
Capture.webp

Thanks,
Itworx4me

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom