• This forum has been archived. New threads and replies may not be made. All add-ons/resources that are active should be migrated to the Resource Manager. See this thread for more information.

[8wayRun.Com] XenPorta (Portal)

Status
Not open for further replies.
In the module settings, it says "Module Cache Time:" and thats set to one hour. Is that how often it refreshes the cache? If so, what would be the dangers of setting it very low, such as minutes?
I don't know as I've never tested that to be honest.

Hi Jaxel,

Only the .recentNews .messageUserBlock { display: none; } seems to be working. It removes the avatar box, but the date is left on the left hand side.

If I change .recentNews .newsDate { float: right; margin-left: 10px; } to .recentNews .newsDate { display: none; } it removes the date from the left hand side, however im struggling to remove the margin gap its left as .recentNews .newsText { margin-left: 0px; } isnt working.

Any idea how I can remove the magin on the left hand side at all?
Try changing
Code:
.recentNews .newsText { margin-left: 0px; }
to
Code:
.recentNews .newsText { margin-left: 0px !important; }

Try changing
Code:
.recentNews .newsText { margin-left: 0px; }
to
Code:
.recentNews .newsText { margin-left: 0px !important; }

You are a star! Thats worked brilliantly! Thank you :D

Just need to solve the issue regarding images being displayed and im sorted!

I think that's the default behavior. First image display on the top right(where avatar used to display) and just render the other images normally. Have you tried decreasing the "Max Summary Length" to let's say 200 so that posted text will be shortened? It probably would not parse the second image.

Ive got all the other images to display, its just trying to get it so the picture/avatar window dosent show using this :
.recentNews .messageUserBlock { display: none; }

But then have the first image to display normally if that makes sense!

At the moment, If I use that css, it removes the window, but then the first image is lot and only the 2nd/3rd etc images are displayed.

Is anyone else seeing the portal screen bounce up from the footer on every slide change?

Browser: any (Firefox 5.0 / IE8 / Safari 5.1 / Chrome 12.0.742.122)
Go to: http://8wayrun.com/

Scroll down to the bottom of the portal page and wait...you'll see the page jump up to just above the bottom breadcrumbs.
Scroll back down and it happens again. Weird.
Is there a cure in the pipeline for this yet Jaxel? That'd be the one thing preventing our use of the slider.

WELL maybe it didn't work so good facebook connect had worked but now its broke I get this error
{ "error": { "type": "OAuthException", "message": "redirect_uri isn't an absolute URI. Check RFC 3986." } }
I had a space in front of the Http: it was just not easy to see the extra space now that is fixed I can move forward LOL.

Hey,

I don't want images showing up in place of the avatar so I've edited a template to prevent this. However it seems some images don't display on the homepage now. I'm assuming these are the images that should be taking the place of the avatar...How do I preven this from happening?

Bump this

Hi Jaxel,

I never saw that post of yours so can only apologise.

Looking forward to the next release :)

Hi Jaxel,

I never saw that post of yours so can only apologise.

Looking forward to the next release :)

Always mark the last page you were reading then follow rest of post and pages to find update .

Hey Jaxel if you can you should update these things on your Second post so people will stop bugging you trust me . It's really hard to go through all these pages to find simple updates .

Hey Jaxel if you can you should update these things on your Second post so people will stop bugging you trust me . It's really hard to go through all these pages to find simple updates .

Agreed--if I want to see if an update has been issued, I have to wade through dozens of pages of threads, something I have no time for (it's billable time lost for me). Updating a first or second post in the thread helps us immensely.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom