• This forum has been archived. New threads and replies may not be made. All add-ons/resources that are active should be migrated to the Resource Manager. See this thread for more information.

[8wayRun.Com] XenPorta (Portal)

Status
Not open for further replies.
recently the twitter widget has started showing unrelated yet seemingly popular tweets/retweets.
'top tweets' is disabled, dumped cache, yet they are still there.
anyone else experience this issue?

Yes after unticking the top tweets option mine took a couple days to go back to normal.

replace template EWRporta_Block_Twitter with:
Code:
<div class="section">
<div class="secondaryContent" id="twitter" style="padding-bottom: 10px;">
<h3>Twitter Feed</h3>
<script src="http://widgets.twimg.com/j/2/widget.js"></script>
<script>
new TWTR.Widget({
version: 2,
type: 'profile',
interval: 6000,
width: 'auto',
height: {$option.height},
theme: {
shell: {
background: '@pageBackground',
color: '@pageBackground'
},
tweets: {
background: '@contentBackground',
color: '@mutedTextColor',
links: '@primaryMedium'
}
},
features: {
scrollbar: {$option.scroll},
hashtags: {$option.hashtags},
timestamp: {$option.timestamps},
toptweets: {$option.toptweets},
live: true,
loop: false,
behavior: 'all'
}
}).render().setUser('{$option.search}').start();
</script>

</div>
</div>
this assumes your twitter search term is your twitter account name.

So will that purely display posts from that actual accounts twitter feed and no one else?
yes.
the old template was a search widget, whereas this one is a profile widget, and will only show tweets by the given profile.
you can find more information on twitter widgets here.

you can easily create module addon that does what you want. widget code provided

Please refer to this website: https://twitter.com/about/resources/widgets

...sorry Brogan, I got emotional here. LOL

Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<module>
  <module_name>TWUserTest</module_name>
  <module_cache>now</module_cache>
  <module_settings/>
  <module_template><![CDATA[<div class="messageText ugc baseHtml">

<div class="secondaryContent">
        <h3>Block Title Goes Here</h3>

<div style="text-align: center">

<script src="http://widgets.twimg.com/j/2/widget.js"></script>
<script>
new TWTR.Widget({
  version: 2,
  type: 'profile',
  rpp: 4,
  interval: 30000,
  width: 250,
  height: 300,
  theme: {
    shell: {
      background: '#333333',
      color: '#ffffff'
    },
    tweets: {
      background: '#000000',
      color: '#ffffff',
      links: '#4aed05'
    }
  },
  features: {
    scrollbar: false,
    loop: false,
    live: false,
    hashtags: true,
    timestamp: true,
    behavior: 'all'
  }
}).render().setUser('YOUR_TWITTER_USER_NAME_GOES_HERE').start();
</script>

</div>
    </div>

</div>
    ]]></module_template>
</module>

For the, "XenPorta" Add-on how do I post content to the homepage, like where it's installed?
Right now it's just a blank space and I have no idea how to post anything to it.

I don't understand how to Set the Portal as the Index Controller with Full Friendly URLs enabled. XF is installed in the root, but I don't know how to get everything to work with FFURLs on. Something shows an error. How do I do this?

EDIT: For some reason, it just randomly started working. o_O Looks like I had a physical directory named 'forum' just sitting there messing everything up. Thanks anyway!

Add a forums from where the posts are automatically added to the recent post widget. Or 'promote posts'. Edit the original post to show changes in the widget (it may take up to 1 hour if you have not changed the cache time).

Hi Jaxel,

Was just wondering how progress on the updated version of XenPortal was going. Will you be waiting for 1.1 to be released first?

All the best

Dave

Would it be possible to have an option to disable showing signatures on news posts when we turn on the awesome article view? I have a minecraft server image in mine which kinda ruins the flow of news articles having that at the bottom.

Would it be possible to have an option to disable showing signatures on news posts when we turn on the awesome article view? I have a minecraft server image in mine which kinda ruins the flow of news articles having that at the bottom.
It doesn't show signatures...

So it looks like this next version of XenPorta is going to be the LARGEST update yet... So much that it will not be compatible with the old versions. If you want to install the new version, you're going to have to uninstall the old version first.

There are a lot of changes coming. First and foremost, the administration of the system has been moved to the adminCP, instead of on the actual forums themselves. Not only that, but because of all the changes, you can now have custom sidebars on each and every single one of your forums individually. This is a huge step to XenPorta becoming more and more of an actual platform... Screenshots below...

1.webp2.webp3.webp4.webp5.webp

Naturally, one of the more obvious changes is how everything is in the adminCP. With the new system, you can now also disable module blocks. Module blocks are now more inline with XenForo itself, can have install and uninstall classes (as if they were addons themselves), as well as include custom callbacks for settings. As you can see, you can also give your articles their own sidebar layout... as well as the forum home, and each forum itself can have it's own custom layout (or you can have it default to the forum home layout if you haven't customized it).

I am sorry to say, but with this new release, there has been a massive change to the XML structure of module blocks. Its more like XenForo itself now, instead of that hack **** I was doing before. Here is an example of the new XMLs...

PHP:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<block block_id="RecentThreads" title="Recently Active Threads" version_id="1" url="http://8wayrun.com/" install_callback_class="" install_callback_method="" uninstall_callback_class="" uninstall_callback_method="" cache="now">
  <options>
    <option option_id="forum" edit_format="callback" data_type="array" display_order="1" validation_class="EWRporta_Option_ForumChooser" validation_method="verifyOption">
      <option_value>a:1:{i:0;s:2:"0";}</option_value>
      <edit_format_params>EWRporta_Option_ForumChooser::renderOption</edit_format_params>
      <sub_options>*</sub_options>
      <title>News Source Forums</title>
      <explain></explain>
    </option>
    <option option_id="limit" edit_format="spinbox" data_type="unsigned_integer" display_order="2">
      <option_value>5</option_value>
      <edit_format_params></edit_format_params>
      <sub_options></sub_options>
      <title>Thread Listing Limit</title>
      <explain></explain>
    </option>
    <option option_id="cutoff" edit_format="spinbox" data_type="unsigned_integer" display_order="3">
      <option_value>1</option_value>
      <edit_format_params>min=1
max=28</edit_format_params>
      <sub_options></sub_options>
      <title>Age Cutoff (in days)</title>
      <explain></explain>
    </option>
  </options>
  <template><![CDATA[<xen:require css="discussion_list.css" />
<xen:require css="EWRporta_Block_RecentThreads.css" />

<xen:if is="{$position} == 'top-left' OR {$position} == 'mid-left' OR {$position} == 'btm-left' OR {$position} == 'sidebar'">

<div class="section avatarList threadList">
        <div class="secondaryContent" id="recentThreads">
            <h3>{xen:phrase recent_threads}</h3>

<ol class="discussionListItems">
                <xen:foreach loop="$RecentThreads" value="$thread">
                    <li id="thread-{$thread.thread_id}" class="{$thread.discussion_state} {xen:if {$thread.sticky}, 'sticky'} {xen:if {$thread.isNew}, 'unread'}" data-author="{$thread.username}">
                        <xen:avatar user="$thread" size="s" img="true" />
                        <div class="title">
                            <a href="{xen:link "threads{xen:if '{$thread.isNew} AND {$thread.haveReadData}', '/unread'}", $thread}"
                                title="{xen:if '{$thread.isNew} AND {$thread.haveReadData}', {xen:phrase go_to_first_unread_message}}"
                                class="{xen:if $thread.hasPreview, PreviewTooltip}"
                                data-previewUrl="{xen:if $thread.hasPreview, {xen:link threads/preview, $thread}}">{xen:helper snippet, $thread.title, 50}</a>
                        </div>
                        <div class="muted">
                            <a href="{xen:link members, $thread.lastPostInfo}">{$thread.lastPostInfo.username}</a> @
                            <a{xen:if '{$visitor.user_id}', ' href="{xen:link posts, $thread.lastPostInfo}" title="{xen:phrase go_to_last_message}"'} class="dateTime"><xen:datetime time="$thread.lastPostInfo.post_date" /></a>
                        </div>
                    </li>
                </xen:foreach>
            </ol>
        </div>
    </div>

<xen:else />

<xen:require css="inline_mod.css" />
    <xen:require js="js/xenforo/discussion_list.js" />

<form action="{xen:link inline-mod/thread/switch}" method="post"
        class="DiscussionList InlineModForm"
        data-cookieName="threads"
        data-controls="#InlineModControls"
        data-imodOptions="#ModerationSelect option">

<div class="discussionList section sectionMain" id="recentThreads">
            <dl class="sectionHeaders">
                <dt class="posterAvatar"></dt>
                <dd class="main">
                    <a class="title"><span>{xen:phrase recent_threads}</span></a>
                    <a class="postDate"><span>{xen:phrase start_date}</span></a>
                </dd>
                <dd class="stats">
                    <a class="major"><span>{xen:phrase replies}</span></a>
                    <a class="minor"><span>{xen:phrase views}</span></a>
                </dd>
                <dd class="lastPost"><a><span>{xen:phrase last_message}</span></a></dd>
            </dl>

<ol class="discussionListItems">
                <xen:foreach loop="$RecentThreads" value="$thread">
                    <xen:include template="thread_list_item">
                        <xen:map from="$thread.showForumLink" to="$showForumLink" />
                    </xen:include>
                </xen:foreach>
            </ol>
        </div>

<input type="hidden" name="_xfToken" value="{$visitor.csrf_token_page}" />
    </form>

</xen:if>

<xen:include template="preview_tooltip" />]]></template>
  <stylesheet><![CDATA[.threadList #recentThreads ol.discussionListItems { margin: 0px; }]]></stylesheet>
</block>

In the module layout will there still be an option to have a center module? Its a must for me and might be for others....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom