• This forum has been archived. New threads and replies may not be made. All add-ons/resources that are active should be migrated to the Resource Manager. See this thread for more information.

[8wayRun.Com] XenAtendo (Events)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Jaxel,

Well I was wrong it wasn't a corrupted user problem. The problem seems to be XenMedia 1.25.
A forum cant be both a media forum, and an event forum at the same time...

I will try to fix this in the future when XenForo gets a build in template hook for threads. Right now it doesn't, so the only way to do what I've done with the threads is by co-opting the thread_view... but you can't co-opt the thread_view twice... which is why you can't be a media forum and an event forum at the same time.

A forum cant be both a media forum, and an event forum at the same time...

Do you mean you can't have both add-ons installed? I have media in one forum and events in another - that should work right? For some reason its not working like that as per the attachments above.

As soon as I install XenMedia the maps in the event forum disappear.

Regards,
Renada

Do you mean you can't have both add-ons installed? I have media in one forum and events in another - that should work right? For some reason its not working like that as per the attachments above.

As soon as I install XenMedia the maps in the event forum disappear.

Regards,
Renada
You CAN have both add-ons installed... you just cant have both add-ons assigned to the same forum node. I have fixed this issue for the next version... but you should be able to do what you want to do right now without any issues.

Damn Jaxel, you just don't know how cool this add-on is....., er wait, actually you do ;)

Keep up the good work.

You CAN have both add-ons installed... you just cant have both add-ons assigned to the same forum node. I have fixed this issue for the next version... but you should be able to do what you want to do right now without any issues.

I know I should be able to and I could with the older versions of these two add-ons but for some reason its not working with all the new ones and I don't know why. Do you have any ideas?

I'm quite happy to give you whatever access you want if you need it.

Regards,
Renada

I know I should be able to and I could with the older versions of these two add-ons but for some reason its not working with all the new ones and I don't know why. Do you have any ideas?

I'm quite happy to give you whatever access you want if you need it.

Regards,
Renada
As I said... make sure BOTH addons are not using the same forum nodes.

This could be a very useful addon for us. We are sometimes paid to organise focus groups for events held by manufacturers. This would allow us to create an event and organise attendees. However, if some people abuse the system and RSVP but never turn up, I would want to prevent them from RSVPing in the future.
I'm not about to read 20 pages of posts so please forgive me if this has already been asked.
Does it have permissions settings which allow the barring of members from RSVPing?

This could be a very useful addon for us. We are sometimes paid to organise focus groups for events held by manufacturers. This would allow us to create an event and organise attendees. However, if some people abuse the system and RSVP but never turn up, I would want to prevent them from RSVPing in the future.
I'm not about to read 20 pages of posts so please forgive me if this has already been asked.
Does it have permissions settings which allow the barring of members from RSVPing?
This has been added into the next version...

This has been added into the next version...
Excellent, thank you. Can moderators manipulate the RSVPs? Delete them? Also if there are a limited number of places, and the number of RSVPs reached, can it then stop more people from RSVPing?

Two bugs related to uStream

1. Stream works fine for URLS in the format /channel/name such as http://www.ustream.tv/channel/paws-d-gaming. Stream does NOT work for URLS in the format /name such as http://www.ustream.tv/usaswimming

2. The chat box very often does not work. It works 100% from the uStream site, but often not through the interface. Waiting 5+ minutes does not resolve the issue. Example attached. Left pic is from the XenAtendo screen, right is from uStream site.

uStream.webp

Two bugs related to uStream

1. Stream works fine for URLS in the format /channel/name such as http://www.ustream.tv/channel/paws-d-gaming. Stream does NOT work for URLS in the format /name such as http://www.ustream.tv/usaswimming

2. The chat box very often does not work. It works 100% from the uStream site, but often not through the interface. Waiting 5+ minutes does not resolve the issue. Example attached. Left pic is from the XenAtendo screen, right is from uStream site.

View attachment 11874
1 - URLs with an URL like that are not exportable... see: http://api.ustream.tv/json/channel/usaswimming/getinfo

That is actually not the real URL to that channel, its an alias. You need to input the real URL:
http://www.ustream.tv/channel/usa-swimming-grand-prix-series-2

2 - This is a fault with uStream's embedder.

I know I said I wouldn't release any updates till XF Gold... but I changed my mind...
THIS IS A HUGE UPDATE! PLEASE DELETE /library/EWRatendo/ DIRECTORY FROM YOUR SERVER BEFORE UPLOADING THIS NEW VERSION!

[8wayRun.Com] XenAtendo (Events) v1.2.6 CHANGELOG
  • Route construction has been changed and completely rebuilt to suit Session Activity.
  • Thread & Forum attachment has been moved from the Controller to a Listener.
  • Administrate Services link has been added to the navbar for those with permissions.
  • A permission has been added for the ability to RSVP to an event.
  • Daily parser has been added for when a monthly view date has too many events.
  • Birthdays will no longer list members who have been banned.
  • Live Stream page has been added at /stream/. It is controlled through your AdminCP.
  • Other small date calculation fixes and template fixes.
This is a big update to the way routes are constructed, please inform me of any issues.

Nice work Jaxel. I will try this out tomorrow morning for sure
biggrin.png

Did you get time to limit the characters in the title so it doesn't exceed 100? It's causing some problems on my forum with duplicate events.

Lol...I used Keith Deven's calendar as a primer:
http://keithdevens.com/software/php_calendar/colorsource

Can the calendar be adjusted to show the week starting on Sunday? I believe you mentioned an issue regarding XF starting weeks on Mondays, but still hoping the calendar views can be adjusted. I noticed in Deven's calendar the weeks appear normally (i.e. beginning on Sunday).

• Live Stream page has been added at /stream/. It is controlled through your AdminCP.
Not clear what this means. Where is /stream? I saw the new options in the ACP but couldn't find a stream page.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom