• This forum has been archived. New threads and replies may not be made. All add-ons/resources that are active should be migrated to the Resource Manager. See this thread for more information.

[8wayRun.Com] XenAtendo (Events)

Status
Not open for further replies.
You changed the hours from 12 hours to 24 hours in EWRatendo_EventsScript?

The problem is that "Mar 10, 2011 21:00 PM Europe/Amsterdam" is not a valid time. You can't have AM/PM for 24 hour time... Go back into EWRatendo_EventsScript and remove %p from var rangeFormat.

Generally, the stuff in EWRatendo_EventsScript is hardcoded for a reason... to prevent stuff like this that can happen if you customize it.

I want to follow up on this ..

My EWRatendo_EventsScript look like this:

Code:
<script type="text/javascript">
<!--
var firstDOW = 1;
var nextHours = {$xenOptions.EWRatendo_minhours}*60*60*1000;
var rangeFormat = "%b %e, %Y %H:%i";
var rangeConv = new AnyTime.Converter({format:rangeFormat});
var labelYear = '{xen:phrase year}';
var labelMonth = 'Måned';
var labelDayOfMonth = '{xen:phrase day_of_month}';
var labelHour = 'Time';
var labelMinute = 'Minut';
var dayNames = new Array(
    '{xen:phrase day_sunday}','{xen:phrase day_monday}','{xen:phrase day_tuesday}',
    '{xen:phrase day_wednesday}','{xen:phrase day_thursday}','{xen:phrase day_friday}',
    '{xen:phrase day_saturday}'
);

.....snip

catch(e)
    {
        $("#ctrl_endtime").val("").attr("disabled","disabled");
    }
});
-->
</script>

And you can see - I dont have the options for am/pm.. But I still got error went creating events..

Code:
DateTime::__construct() [<a href='datetime.--construct'>datetime.--construct</a>]: Failed to parse time string (Maj 7, 2011 10:00 Europe/Amsterdam) at position 0 (M): The timezone could not be found in the database

Is there some fix? .. Attachment is a screendump of the event create page.

CreateEvent.webp

You customized the month names. As I said, there is a reason why this stuff is hard encoded. It uses "strtotime" to calculate actual times, and strtotime only works with english strings.

I understand that - so if we are non us/uk users - we cant use your add-ons - is that what you say? Because its hardcoded we will have english phrases in the events add-ons somewhere.. In this case - in the popup date and time calendar..

I understand that - so if we are non us/uk users - we cant use your add-ons - is that what you say? Because its hardcoded we will have english phrases in the events add-ons somewhere.. In this case - in the popup date and time calendar..
You can still use the mods, but the ONLY phrases that can't be translated right now is the Month Abbreviations. Everything else can be translated.

I'm using "AnyTime+" for the date/time picker because its the easiest to use and I have no interest in writing my own jQuery date/time picker. I'm waiting for XenForo to get it's own date/time picker before I change anything. Right now XenForo has it's own date picker, but not a date/time picker.

Excellent work! :)

Two things I would like to see in a future version: Allow us to set
a) the type of map (so that we could show the satellite map right from the start)
b) the language of the map (just in case Google's detection doesn't work)

How may I add minutes to the Date Time picker. o_O and is there something I can change so that the default map is centred on the UK?

Allow events to be set for times other then on the hour (i.e. 12:30)

Template: EWRatendo_EventsScript replace the existing code with
Code:
var rangeFormat = "%b %e, %Y %h:%i  %p";

The default map location can be changed by modifying the below code in templates EWRatendo_EventsCreate and EWRatendo_EventsEdit. When you go to maps.google.com you will see the default USA map. If you modify that part of the URL to google for your country, you will see your default map.

Using England as an example, try replacing maps.google.com with maps.google.co.uk and you will see the map centered on England.
Code:
<dl class="ctrlUnit fullWidth">
                <dt></dt>
                <dd><iframe width="100%" height="350" frameborder="0" scrolling="no" marginheight="0" marginwidth="0" id="ctrl_googlemap"
                    src="http://maps.google.com/maps?q={$input.event_address},{$input.event_citystate}&output=embed"></iframe></dd>
            </dl>

Excellent work! :)

Two things I would like to see in a future version: Allow us to set
a) the type of map (so that we could show the satellite map right from the start)
b) the language of the map (just in case Google's detection doesn't work)

For item b, I tested changing the map focus to Italy ( maps.google.it ) and the map appears in Italian. I presume that will work for all countries.

For item a, I don't see a URL change from google when I went to satellite view but you can probably either find it out by viewing the source code or more web searching, then modify the URL.

I've been struggling with a CSS issue related to XenAtendo for an hour and hoping someone can help. I am trying to remove the background from the Events Upcoming module which appears on the portal page. I've tried many things but no luck. It's the blue-ish background in the below image I would like to remove.

UpcomingEvents.webp

I have no use for the stream feature, can this be disabled?

go to the same template EWRatendo_EventsCreate, wrap the below code in comments as shown, and poof! You wont ever even know streaming exists unless you look in the ACP
Code:
  <!--
            <dl class="ctrlUnit">
                <dt><label for="ctrl_stream">{xen:phrase stream_url}:</label></dt>
                <dd><input type="text" name="event_stream" class="textCtrl" id="ctrl_stream" value="{$input.event_stream}" /></dd>
            </dl>  -->

Great that works for the input screen, but "Stream URL: None" is still showing on the event result page.

Stream URL: also shows on the edit screen.

*** To those whom I replied to earlier re: Google Maps, you also need to update template EWRatendo_EventsEdit with your updated google map URL. I'll update my post above but sharing here because some may miss it.

Great that works for the input screen, but "Stream URL: None" is still showing on the event result page.

Stream URL: also shows on the edit screen.

For the edit screen open template EWRatendo_EventsEdit and comment out the related streaming code
Code:
<dl class="ctrlUnit">
                <dt><label for="ctrl_stream">{xen:phrase stream_url}:</label></dt>
                <dd><input type="text" name="event_stream" class="textCtrl" id="ctrl_stream" value="{$event.event_stream}" /></dd>
            </dl>

I am not clear what you mean by "event result page". I don't see anything in the Monthly view, Weekly view, nor Upcoming Event view.

Did you enter a URL stream? I guess what I am not clear on is...I have the standard XenMedio install. I have not removed URL stream as I use it, but if I click on an event which does not have a URL stream defined I don't see anything related to the URL stream. Below is an image of what I am seeing when I click on an event. Perhaps you can share an image of what you are referring to?

Events.webp

Great mod I have just installed it without any issue. I am curious though when establishing the timeline is it just assumed each event is 6 hours? or am I missing something here I am trying to set up an event which is a meeting but only making it for one hour but I cant seem to do it.

thank you

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom