[8WR] XenAtendo (Events) PRO

[8WR] XenAtendo (Events) PRO [Paid] 1.1.5

No permission to buy ($30.00)
Ahh, it does that if you create an event from the event from itself. Not from the Event system index, even if you only have one event forum available as an option.
Really? That's strange! In XenAtendo 1 I made a template edit so that the create thread option was ticked by default in the Event System Index but I didn't need to do anything regarding the forum, it had that automatically selected.

Still confused exactly how this works, but you both are the bomb for helping me out :)

Yes you can. Hold CTRL and click on each forum you want to select multiple forums for events.

Ok Im going to set up the four war rooms and see if I can link each one. So I can create a Guild Wars 2 event and have it link directly to the Guild Wars event thread?

If so, I'm a happy guild founder! :)

Ok Im going to set up the four war rooms and see if I can link each one. So I can create a Guild Wars 2 event and have it link directly to the Guild Wars event thread?
Yes. If the guilders are doing this from their own event forum, then it's as simple as click the Create Event button, fill in the details and save and then that's it.

Yes. If the guilders are doing this from their own event forum, then it's as simple as click the Create Event button, fill in the details and save and then that's it.

Ok that would rock. I got to get to work so I'm stepping away for now, but I should have everything I need to put this all together tonight.

Really? That's strange! In XenAtendo 1 I made a template edit so that the create thread option was ticked by default in the Event System Index but I didn't need to do anything regarding the forum, it had that automatically selected.

Ahh, maybe that's what I did. On XA2 when I create an event from the calendar view I have to select the forum though, even though there's only one option available.

Some more questions that I'd love answers to.

1. Is there a way to change the wording on: Venue / Location: ?

2. Also can I make this go away since we are a computer gaming guild and actually arent going anywhere?: Address Search:

3. Since we don't meet in person somewhere, -- does the following serve a purpose?

Thread Location Format:

• Show Locality Name (City)
  • Show Municipality Code (State)
  • Show Country Code

Some more questions that I'd love answers to.

1. Is there a way to change the wording on: Venue / Location: ?

2. Also can I make this go away since we are a computer gaming guild and actually arent going anywhere?: Address Search:

3. Since we don't meet in person somewhere, -- does the following serve a purpose?

Thread Location Format:

• Show Locality Name (City)
  • Show Municipality Code (State)
  • Show Country Code
1. it should be phrased
2. you could edit the template, remove the location fields, and change the venue to a hidden field with a default value "online" or something.
3. no

1. how do you rephase it, exactly?

2. Where do you find the template? Where exactly on the template do I make the changes?

3. So I can uncheck those then, good.

1. how do you rephase it, exactly?

2. Where do you find the template? Where exactly on the template do I make the changes?

3. So I can uncheck those then, good.

1. Go to admin panel > Appearance > Phrases
2. Click the page the form is on . View source and search for the text/phrase you are looking for. Then go to Admin panel > Appearance > Templates and search for that template to edit.

Ok some issues we are having with RECURRING EVENTS.

Issue 1 - Repeat Occurrences don't allow changes to be made to each main post?

For example. Mondays are a gaming night. The first Monday we are running the Shroud Raid on EASY MODE. The 2nd Monday we are running it on HARD MODE. The 3rd Monday we are running the raid on LEGENDARY BADASS CR@ZY MODE. We need to be able to go back and edit the 2nd monday WITHOUT IT CHANGING the 1st or 3rd Mondays main post. Or any other main post. We might ask guildies to bring different items for each of those events, so we need to be able to edit the main posts for each occurrence.

Issue 2 - Thread feedback needs to be unique to that day. Using the above example.... a few days before the 1st Monday event I say "I'm bringing Aandre the Giant to the event this monday." Now on the 2nd and 3rd mondays, I don't want everyone reading that "I'm bringing Aandre the Giant to the event this monday. " because that is not true. That is old info. We need the option for threads to be unique to each occurrence.

Can these issues be resolved ?

Ok some issues we are having with RECURRING EVENTS.

Issue 1 - Repeat Occurrences don't allow changes to be made to each main post?

For example. Mondays are a gaming night. The first Monday we are running the Shroud Raid on EASY MODE. The 2nd Monday we are running it on HARD MODE. The 3rd Monday we are running the raid on LEGENDARY BADASS CR@ZY MODE. We need to be able to go back and edit the 2nd monday WITHOUT IT CHANGING the 1st or 3rd Mondays main post. Or any other main post. We might ask guildies to bring different items for each of those events, so we need to be able to edit the main posts for each occurrence.

Issue 2 - Thread feedback needs to be unique to that day. Using the above example.... a few days before the 1st Monday event I say "I'm bringing Aandre the Giant to the event this monday." Now on the 2nd and 3rd mondays, I don't want everyone reading that "I'm bringing Aandre the Giant to the event this monday. " because that is not true. That is old info. We need the option for threads to be unique to each occurrence.

Can these issues be resolved ?
1 - occurrences are not separate events, therefore you can not change the description of each occurrence individually. You would have to make separate events for that.

2 - see #1. If you want occurrences to be their own events, then make it it's own event.

1 - occurrences are not separate events, therefore you can not change the description of each occurrence individually. You would have to make separate events for that.

2 - see #1. If you want occurrences to be their own events, then make it it's own event.

1 - Well then why not make each event occurrence editable as an option? People have asked for this feature in the past, and would create a huge time saver over individually posting each event X 10 or whatever. (And yes... each occurrence IS a separate event... on a separate day, with its own individual signups!!)

2. Is it possible for you to code a unique thread for each occurrence? Again this could be a check-able option. This would allow commentary on EACH EVENT OCCURRENCE instead have having them all bleed into the same thread which provides confusion based on the purpose of the event.

Last edited:
I featured a 15 day event and got this on the top of the monthly calendar. What happened here and how do I fix??

Jcu09CX.png

Last edited:
When I go to fetchapp and click the download link it saves the file "8wayRun.com" not a zip file with the updated addon file...

Top Bottom