8thos Bar (Facebook-Like Floating Menu with Avatar and Search Box)

8thos Bar 5.0

No permission to download
No, I didn't. Actually I am not using the 8thos bar, but a custom bar which is using the same mechanism. Have you changed anything else in that update besides the fix you mentioned?

Are the alerts working fine for everyone? They are not updating in real time for users on our forum, they have to refresh to see the changes.

Are the alerts working fine for everyone? They are not updating in real time for users on our forum, they have to refresh to see the changes.
Xenforo does not automatically update alerts for users. Users have to do something like clicking a thread to trigger updates. You need to use this plugin to automatically update alerts

Sorry, that is actually not true. If I do not have a floating bar, Xenforo automatically increments the alerts as users get them.

Sorry, that is actually not true. If I do not have a floating bar, Xenforo automatically increments the alerts as users get them.
If so what is "Live updates" addon for? Xenforo does notice you only when you trigger something (click, overlay...)

If so what is "Live updates" addon for? Xenforo does notice you only when you trigger something (click, overlay...)
The Live Updates adds a unread messages+alerts count to your favicon in the browser/tab title

And I believe it would also cause for the red alerts to update without refreshing. Another thing that would do that is having the shoutbox.

I also have done this without this addon and noticed the number only showed sometimes. I haven't had time to mess with it again to see what the issue was.

This mod is unsupported. I marked all my resources as unsupported this morning at the top of the description for each one. Sorry.

hmmm nvm about working with aurora.

It does work well with the blackened (specify TMS for only blackened theme) and flexile.

Flexile double avatar fix
With flexile I went to TMS and unchecked the "navigation_visitor_tab - 8B avatar" to get rid of the double mini avatar issue

Andddd I could not figure out what was wrong with Aurora so I took it into my own hands and did a fixed div with
Aurora
Go to your ACP > Appearance > Aurora Theme(s) > Templates > header_bar
in header_bar find
Code:
<xen:edithint template="header_bar.css" />
Add After
Code:
<div id="floathead">

Next find
Code:
</fieldshet>
Add after
Code:
 </div>
SAVE! header_bar template

OPEN header_bar.css
Add this css at the top
Code:
 #floathead
{
height: 34px;
position: relative;
}

and find
Code:
#header_bar
{
        @property "headerBar";
        font-size: 11px;
        color: @mutedTextColor;
        background-image: url('@imagePath/xenforo/top_bar_bg.gif');
        background-repeat: repeat-x;
        width: 100%;
        @property "/headerBar";

}

Replace with
Code:
#header_bar
{
        @property "headerBar";
        @property "/headerBar";
        position:fixed;
        z-index:10000;

}

SAVE! and done

works for me in waterfox, chrome, firefox, opera, safari, and IE

doesn't have the awesome functions that 8thos added though :(

hmmm nvm about working with aurora.

It does work well with the blackened (specify TMS for only blackened theme) and flexile.

Flexile double avatar fix
With flexile I went to TMS and unchecked the "navigation_visitor_tab - 8B avatar" to get rid of the double mini avatar issue

Andddd I could not figure out what was wrong with Aurora so I took it into my own hands and did a fixed div with
Aurora
Go to your ACP > Appearance > Aurora Theme(s) > Templates > header_bar
in header_bar find
Code:
<xen:edithint template="header_bar.css" />
Add After
Code:
<div id="floathead">

Next find
Code:
</fieldshet>
Add after
Code:
 </div>
SAVE! header_bar template

OPEN header_bar.css
Add this css at the top
Code:
 #floathead
{
height: 34px;
position: relative;
}

and find
Code:
#header_bar
{
        @property "headerBar";
        @property "/headerBar";

}

Replace with
Code:
#header_bar
{
        @property "headerBar";
        @property "/headerBar";
        position:fixed;
        z-index:10000;

}

SAVE! and done

works for me in waterfox, chrome, firefox, opera, safari, and IE

doesn't have the awesome functions that 8thos added though :(
When you mentioned Flexile, did you do those edits even after reading what I wrote about it in Descriptions of the Resource?

Flexile Users:

Includes an extra addon file just for Flexile users. This bar does not include the search bar and both the style and position of moderator bar links from Flexile are unchanged. You must revert navigation_visitor_tab template in Flexile to get this to work or create a TMS edit that removes the Flexile avatar in navigation_visitor_tab.

^^^^^This means that if you use my navigation avatar, you can change your avatar at click. You can't do that with Flexile's avatar can you? If not, then that's why you should disable his.

When you mentioned Flexile, did you do those edits even after reading what I wrote about it in Descriptions of the Resource?

Flexile Users:

Includes an extra addon file just for Flexile users. This bar does not include the search bar and both the style and position of moderator bar links from Flexile are unchanged. You must revert navigation_visitor_tab template in Flexile to get this to work or create a TMS edit that removes the Flexile avatar in navigation_visitor_tab.

^^^^^This means that if you use my navigation avatar, you can change your avatar at click. You can't do that with Flexile's avatar can you? If not, then that's why you should disable his.
Yeah i went back and changed it thanks! I was reading but I guess i missed that post :(

THANK YOU :X3:

Yeah i went back and changed it thanks! I was reading but I guess i missed that post :(

THANK YOU :X3:
Hey it's all good. I actually did have a search bar in a version of Flexile I was working on, but it caused me to edit more templates than I thought was acceptable.

Hey it's all good. I actually did have a search bar in a version of Flexile I was working on, but it caused me to edit more templates than I thought was acceptable.
That's great!
Yeah I've been messing around a lot and some of the things would be fun to do as an add-on but it's too tedious to create a tutorial... sometimes I'm not even sure of all the files I've been through >.<

That's great!
Yeah I've been messing around a lot and some of the things would be fun to do as an add-on but it's too tedious to create a tutorial... sometimes I'm not even sure of all the files I've been through >.<
Yeah I spent too much time on stuff like that. Just gonna focus on my site for now.

Top Bottom