8thos Bar (Facebook-Like Floating Menu with Avatar and Search Box)

8thos Bar 5.0

No permission to download
From the screenshots it looks like you all have changes made to several of your templates. You would have to revert some of the moderator_bar and navigation templates on your skin to the default xenforo template.

Your custom themes will probably clash with this addon because of this.

Cool mod dude!

Would it be possible to change the hover behavior to the same as that of the default behaviour of the top line of the normal nav bar? I imagine that would allow it to complement a wider range of custom colour schemes out of the box.

Also is there a settings page for any options?

If you are having issues with this addon it's because one of those templates has been changed from the default Master Template. Your templates would have to be reverted for this to work, or you would have go into the TMS edits of 8thos Bar and make sure the text that is being replaced, including the spaces, matches your template. That's just how the TMS system works.

This addon uses string replace for certain parts of the following templates:

header
moderator_bar
moderator_bar.css
navigation
navigation_visitor_tab
page_container
page_container_js_body
search_bar.css

From the screenshots it looks like you all have changes made to several of your templates. You would have to revert some of the moderator_bar and navigation templates on your skin to the default xenforo template.

Your custom themes will probably clash with this addon because of this.
Does this work with Flexile well?

8thos updated 8thos Bar (Facebook-Like Floating Menu with Avatar and Search Box) with a new update entry:

Flexile Fix

Includes an extra addon file just for Flexile users. This bar does not include the search bar and both the style and position of moderator bar links from Flexile are unchanged. You must revert navigation_visitor_tab template in Flexile to get this to work or create a TMS edit that removes the Flexile avatar in navigation_visitor_tab.

Read the rest of this update entry...

I actually had a floating version of the Flexile bar working using the code below, but the only problem was that when I clicked on a link that took me to a specific post (or had any anchor in the link), the top bar covered up the first 34px. Does anyone know how I can add the padding necessary to show the user bar and have it pad 34 pixels?

Code:
#userBar {
position: fixed;
top: 0;
left: 0;
z-index: 10000;
width: 100%;
}

.LoggedIn body
{
margin-top: 34px;
}
.LoggedOut body
{
margin-top: 0;
}

Thanks for the Flexile fix. I think that was a smart move because of the popularity of the theme. I personally use my own modified version of Flexile :)

Hmm this works, but when it points you to a post it overlaps it, and it seems like the buttons are all crammed on one side...

Also the moderator bar is not there either, making it hard to see reported posts...

http://puu.sh/CSlC

I actually had a floating version of the Flexile bar working using the code below, but the only problem was that when I clicked on a link that took me to a specific post (or had any anchor in the link), the top bar covered up the first 34px. Does anyone know how I can add the padding necessary to show the user bar and have it pad 34 pixels?

Code:
#userBar {
position: fixed;
top: 0;
left: 0;
z-index: 10000;
width: 100%;
}

.LoggedIn body
{
margin-top: 34px;
}
.LoggedOut body
{
margin-top: 0;
}
I don't know.
Thanks for the Flexile fix. I think that was a smart move because of the popularity of the theme. I personally use my own modified version of Flexile :)
Thanks. Flexile is pretty cool.
Hmm this works, but when it points you to a post it overlaps it, and it seems like the buttons are all crammed on one side...

Also the moderator bar is not there either, making it hard to see reported posts...

http://puu.sh/CSlC
As stated in the resource, the moderation queue and reported items link do not show unless there is actually an alert. This is on purpose since I created the addon according to my own personal preference. You will just have to modify this resource to fit your own site. In other words, un-check the 8B Moderation Queue TMS edit and play around with the TMS edit for 8B Menu Links.

Top Bottom