1.2 styling related questions

jadmperry

My editor icons arnt showing up correctly!
Your location may be pointing to the wrong place, probably styles/*YOUR STYLE*/xenforo/editor/icons.png either update or copy the new location: styles/default/xenforo/editor/icons.png

If you have this problem, you'll probably need to update styles/*YOUR STYLE*/xenforo/xenforo-ui-sprite.png as well.

More on this, please!!! I am having a hard time finding where this is in my style.

One place I am looking shows several tabs:
  • editor_contents.css
  • editor_js_setup
  • editor_ui.css
  • form.css

I wanted to say "which is the problem to install the beta 1 on a live website if xenforo community is running the beta 2?"

That made little sense, but the fact that this site is running the beta shouldn't be an excuse that its OK for you to do it. This site gets continual bug fixes rolled out. Your site doesn't have that luxury. Beta software shouldn't be running on a live site.

That made little sense, but the fact that this site is running the beta shouldn't be an excuse that its OK for you to do it. This site gets continual bug fixes rolled out. Your site doesn't have that luxury. Beta software shouldn't be running on a live site.

I would just like to add another reason not to run on a live site. This site does not use add-ons which is why one site may upgrade and it works - because they are not using add-ons which conflict. Specifically, I've been testing locally and found a few add-ons need fixes as well as styling issues. One conflict stopped the reply editor from working properly: Imagine if that was done live!

I understand your point but my point is that xenforo community is also a live site running the beta 1, so, developers might suggest this because many people has addon installed

Did you read my post? Yes, this is a live site running 1.2 Beta 1. This site receives fixes that are rolled out daily. No other live site receives these fixes. It also runs an unaltered system, except for official add-ons.

I understand your point but my point is that xenforo community is also a live site running the beta 1, so, developers might suggest this because many people has addon installed

Have to agree that you really can't compare this site running on beta software to your average forum since the people here built the software and know it inside out and know exactly what to do if any issues were to arise. Not to forget they don't run 3rd party add-ons so no conflicts are going to occur.

I have a custom style and whilst it works with the 1.2 beta it doesn't respond to responsive....

I am fairly a novice in terms of style modding so I am presuming each style will need to be updated to work with the responsive feature?

I have a custom style and whilst it works with the 1.2 beta it doesn't respond to responsive....

I am fairly a novice in terms of style modding so I am presuming each style will need to be updated to work with the responsive feature?

Yeah, you'll have to update all the out-of-date templates for each style.

Just add the css to EXTRA.css (if the EXTRA.css is blank)... if it's not search for .xenOverlay.memberCard { and if it's in there then change the background colour. If it's not, add the css :D

Weird....this is what is in my EXTRA.css now:

.xenOverlay.memberCard .userInfo h3 {
color: #fff !important;
}

.xenOverlay.memberCard .userInfo h4 {
color: #000 !important;
}

.xenOverlay.memberCard .userLinks a {
color: #fff !important;
}

Shouldn't these values override the current black/gray values showing up now?

Well, it turns out that the membercard is dealt with in member_card.css ...so, the EXTRA.css seemed to be the wrong place to address this problem. I made changes in member_card.css and now it is working fine (not perfect, I will need to play with this some more, but at least I was able to get better contrast and a readable membercard).

Thanks for your help, @Azhria Lilu ! I am not sure I have identified the best or only way to deal with the problem I was having....just posting this so that others with similar questions can benefit.

Have to agree that you really can't compare this site running on beta software to your average forum since the people here built the software and know it inside out and know exactly what to do if any issues were to arise. Not to forget they don't run 3rd party add-ons so no conflicts are going to occur.

Good point. I was referring to the same, that 3rd party add-ons may be the main reason why KM recommend to don't install the beta on a live site

Well, it turns out that the membercard is dealt with in member_card.css ...so, the EXTRA.css seemed to be the wrong place to address this problem. I made changes in member_card.css and now it is working fine (not perfect, I will need to play with this some more, but at least I was able to get better contrast and a readable membercard).

Thanks for your help, @Azhria Lilu ! I am not sure I have identified the best or only way to deal with the problem I was having....just posting this so that others with similar questions can benefit.

no no no :D the original css is in member_card.css.. but you use EXTRA.css to overwrite the default settings... and then when you need to upgrade you don't lose the changes. Modifying the specific css template (member_card.css) means you'll have to make those changes again when the next upgrade comes.

no no no :D the original css is in member_card.css.. but you use EXTRA.css to overwrite the default settings... and then when you need to upgrade you don't lose the changes. Modifying the specific css template (member_card.css) means you'll have to make those changes again when the next upgrade comes.

I don't know why, but the EXTRA.css changes did not work for me. Only when I stripped out the code from EXTRA.css AND made changes to member_card.css did the changes work. I wonder if there is something that would have caused this....but, thanks for pointing that out. I did understand that was how EXTRA.css worked and its function. Just was not working for me.

I am sure that if this is a widespread issue, it will get addressed. Could be that I am having an unexpected error in the biological input device external to the keyboard. ;)

I don't know why, but the EXTRA.css changes did not work for me. Only when I stripped out the code from EXTRA.css AND made changes to member_card.css did the changes work. I wonder if there is something that would have caused this....but, thanks for pointing that out. I did understand that was how EXTRA.css worked and its function. Just was not working for me.

I am sure that if this is a widespread issue, it will get addressed. Could be that I am having an unexpected error in the biological input device external to the keyboard. ;)

hehehehe.. did you try adding !important at the end of the css lines that weren't taking?

hehehehe.. did you try adding !important at the end of the css lines that weren't taking?

Yeah...didn't seem to matter. I could get the "link" part to change....but the background and main text would not change for me....got tired of hitting "save changes", clearing cache, having nothing happened. So, I went directly to member_card.css....Some time, I will go back and re-look this. It really could have been me missing something. Would not be the first time that happened.

Top Bottom