1.2 styling related questions

jadmperry

My editor icons arnt showing up correctly!
Your location may be pointing to the wrong place, probably styles/*YOUR STYLE*/xenforo/editor/icons.png either update or copy the new location: styles/default/xenforo/editor/icons.png

If you have this problem, you'll probably need to update styles/*YOUR STYLE*/xenforo/xenforo-ui-sprite.png as well.

More on this, please!!! I am having a hard time finding where this is in my style.

One place I am looking shows several tabs:
  • editor_contents.css
  • editor_js_setup
  • editor_ui.css
  • form.css

Does that style have it's own custom directory?

If so, you will need to update the sprites with the new ones in 1.2.

No...hence, it seems I did not need to update sprites. But, this is great information to know and understand should I go all crazy and offer more than one style to my members in the future!!! Thanks, Brogan!!

No...hence, it seems I did not need to update sprites. But, this is great information to know and understand should I go all crazy and offer more than one style to my members in the future!!! Thanks, Brogan!!

You do have a custom style directory :) it's located at styles/pebforum . You need to reupload the spritesheet (and probably other images I can't think of offhand) into the correct subdirectory within that one.

As for the membercard.. sure:-

.xenOverlay.memberCard {
background: none repeat scroll 0% 0% #9D9FA7;
}

is a quick fix.. just changing the background colour to a lighter grey.

You do have a custom style directory :) it's located at styles/pebforum . You need to reupload the spritesheet (and probably other images I can't think of offhand) into the correct subdirectory within that one.

As for the membercard.. sure:-

.xenOverlay.memberCard {
background: none repeat scroll 0% 0% #9D9FA7;
}

is a quick fix.. just changing the background colour to a lighter grey.

Thanks!!! (now, for the dumber question, where do I find that? I searched templates for membercard, but, no joy).

Thanks!!! (now, for the dumber question, where do I find that? I searched templates for membercard, but, no joy).

Just add the css to EXTRA.css (if the EXTRA.css is blank)... if it's not search for .xenOverlay.memberCard { and if it's in there then change the background colour. If it's not, add the css :D

Just add the css to EXTRA.css (if the EXTRA.css is blank)... if it's not search for .xenOverlay.memberCard { and if it's in there then change the background colour. If it's not, add the css :D

Weird....this is what is in my EXTRA.css now:

.xenOverlay.memberCard .userInfo h3 {
color: #fff !important;
}

.xenOverlay.memberCard .userInfo h4 {
color: #000 !important;
}

.xenOverlay.memberCard .userLinks a {
}

Shouldn't these values override the current black/gray values showing up now?

Weird....this is what is in my EXTRA.css now:

}

.xenOverlay.memberCard .userInfo h4 {
color: #000 !important;
}

}

Shouldn't these values override the current black/gray values showing up now?

That's the text colours... if you change

}

to
.xenOverlay.memberCard .userInfo h3 a {
}

it's got more chance of working, since the userInfo on the Membercard is a link.

That's the text colours... if you change

}

to
.xenOverlay.memberCard .userInfo h3 a {
}

it's got more chance of working, since the userInfo on the Membercard is a link.

Sad face....that didn't change anything. The #fff should show white....but, I get same background and text with minimal contrast....might this have anything to do with this sprite sheet thing?

color: #ffffff !important;
}

.xenOverlay.memberCard .userInfo {
color: #ffffff;
}

These are all quick fixes......

This site doesn't run third party add-ons and the developers are obviously able to fix any bugs.

The same can't be said for other sites so it's a ridiculous statement.

XenForo.com is also run by the developers of XenForo. A bug is reported and can be fixed pretty quickly. Users shouldn't run beta software on their live sites, regardless of what this site does.

Testing upgrades is also a lot more important when it comes to your own site than here.

How do I make a link or template disappear when it goes into responsive?

How do I make a link or template appear when it goes into responsive?

Nvm got my answer from @King Kovifor

Inside Template
<div class="responsiveHide">
hide your stuff just like in Responsive Design by Arty
</div>

Then in EXTRA.css
.responsiveHide {
display: none;
}

EDIT NVM DOESN'T WORK THE WAY I INTENDED.

I'LL ASK LATER.

Top Bottom