XF 1.1 1.1 beta 3 Can't upload files

Marcus

With all latest stable releases of Opera, Firefox, IE on Windows 7 on both administrator and user account I can not upload files.
- I have tried different file formats: text files, image files.
- stock config.php without any changes
- stock xenforo design
- disabled all addons

It worked a few days before.

I forgot to tell about that. I don't get any particular errors, I just see this screenshot

screenshot.webp

But this area does not change into "image.abc Insert as Thumbnail or Full Image. Delete"

When I click on "Post Reply" the file is not attached. This happens for conversations and posts.

Are you on shared or dedicated hosting?

Have any changes been made recently to the server software or configuration?
If you previously had mod_security disabled in.htacess, is it now enabled?

I forgot to tell about that. I don't get any particular errors, I just see this screenshot

View attachment 20480

But this area does not change into "image.abc Insert as Thumbnail or Full Image. Delete"

When I click on "Post Reply" the file is not attached. This happens for conversations and posts.
try the "normal" uploader without flash/js support!

and i bet you'll get a permission / move error message.

It seems that you "pissed" something while your upgrade to beta3 because you had allready another thread with false permissions for the internal_data directory

It seems that you "pissed" something while your upgrade to beta3 because you had allready another thread with false permissions for the internal_data directory
Yeah, given the other report about permissions of internal_data/templates, I suspect it's a permissions issue. The internal_data directory and everything inside it should be 0777.

I have a dedicated server. I changed the .htaccess but only included redirects from the old forum software to this new one.
I changed everything in internal_data to 0777 but the error still existed.
When opting in for the basic uploader I got en elaborate permission error message.
I changed data/attachments including the numbered subdirectories to 0777 and now it works.

I uploaded the file to a private forum.

Thanks, I get very good support here.

I used the stock .htaccess and it works with that. I also use the modified .htaccess and it also works with that.

Do you experience a similar issue?

There are two directories: data and internal_data. Change both to 0777. Then go to each of their subdirectories and change them to 0777. In each attachment directory there are numbered subdirectories. Change their permissions to 0777.

I started my community with beta 3 and it worked for a few days. Then yesterday suddenly this problem occured. It was also the time when I first started creating my first original template in debug mode.

Top Bottom