1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XF 1.1 1.1 beta 3 Can't upload files

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting and Problems' started by Marcus, Oct 24, 2011.

1. Marcus

Marcus Well-Known Member

With all latest stable releases of Opera, Firefox, IE on Windows 7 on both administrator and user account I can not upload files.
    - I have tried different file formats: text files, image files.
    - stock config.php without any changes
    - stock xenforo design
    - disabled all addons

It worked a few days before.

2. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

What error do you receive?

3. Marcus

Marcus Well-Known Member

I forgot to tell about that. I don't get any particular errors, I just see this screenshot

screenshot.PNG

But this area does not change into "image.abc Insert as Thumbnail or Full Image. Delete"

When I click on "Post Reply" the file is not attached. This happens for conversations and posts.

4. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

Are you on shared or dedicated hosting?

Have any changes been made recently to the server software or configuration?
    If you previously had mod_security disabled in.htacess, is it now enabled?

5. TBolley

TBolley Active Member

seems have htaccess protection, if yes flash uploader dont work, ****in up on 100%

6. ragtek

ragtek Guest

try the "normal" uploader without flash/js support!

and i bet you'll get a permission / move error message.

It seems that you "pissed" something while your upgrade to beta3 because you had allready another thread with false permissions for the internal_data directory

Brogan likes this.
  7. Mike

Mike XenForo Developer Staff Member

Yeah, given the other report about permissions of internal_data/templates, I suspect it's a permissions issue. The internal_data directory and everything inside it should be 0777.

8. Marcus

Marcus Well-Known Member

I have a dedicated server. I changed the .htaccess but only included redirects from the old forum software to this new one.
    I changed everything in internal_data to 0777 but the error still existed.
    When opting in for the basic uploader I got en elaborate permission error message.
    I changed data/attachments including the numbered subdirectories to 0777 and now it works.

I uploaded the file to a private forum.

Thanks, I get very good support here.

9. TBolley

TBolley Active Member

htaccess & flash uploader works ?

10. Marcus

Marcus Well-Known Member

Everything works now after I changed data/attachment permissions to 0777.

11. TBolley

TBolley Active Member

hmmm can you please send me htaccess and what you change into apache to get work ?

12. Marcus

Marcus Well-Known Member

I used the stock .htaccess and it works with that. I also use the modified .htaccess and it also works with that.

Do you experience a similar issue?

13. TBolley

TBolley Active Member

i changed all to 0777 but on flash uploader ****in up on 100%

btw have some htpass enabled

14. Marcus

Marcus Well-Known Member

There are two directories: data and internal_data. Change both to 0777. Then go to each of their subdirectories and change them to 0777. In each attachment directory there are numbered subdirectories. Change their permissions to 0777.

15. Deebs

Deebs Well-Known Member

The flash uploader will not work if you have HTTP auth enabled.

16. TBolley

TBolley Active Member

so no option to get worked with htpass ?

17. Deebs

Deebs Well-Known Member

Not that I am aware of, as it is operating outside of the browser (in its own session) it needs to display the dialog box to enable you to enter the authentication credentials.

18. TBolley

TBolley Active Member

hmmm weird...

19. Mike

Mike XenForo Developer Staff Member

The authentication stuff is a limit of Flash - nothing we can really do about it unfortunately.

20. Marcus

Marcus Well-Known Member

I started my community with beta 3 and it worked for a few days. Then yesterday suddenly this problem occured. It was also the time when I first started creating my first original template in debug mode.