1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XF 1.1 Can't upload files to forum

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting and Problems' started by CyberAP, Nov 5, 2013.

1. CyberAP

CyberAP Well-Known Member

I am having issue with file upload function. It seems that it can't access filesystem write rights.
    Logs say:

I set data and internal_data permissions to 0777, including subfolders. Plus I changed owner and group to the same user that runs nginx. Strangely but almost the same config works for my dev forum, but not for the main one. What can else be causing that error?

2. Mike

Mike XenForo Developer Staff Member

What version of 1.1 is it?

Have you set an internal data path in config.php?

3. CyberAP

It's 1.1.5.

No, how should I do this? My already uploaded attachments are working, I'm having issues only with upload.

4. Mike

No, you shouldn't do that. I'm just trying to see if you have some fixes that may help if the files are being moved across partitions (and 1.1.5 should have enough of that).

Can you upload avatars and add-on/style XML? I would expect another permission error to be logged if it were the standard permission stuff. It could be an issue reading the actual uploaded file.

5. CyberAP

I can upload XML files in adminCP, but I can't update my avatar. Here is what I get in console:

6. Mike

Try updating your avatar in the non-overlay version (account/avatar, or ctrl-click the avatar on the person details page).

7. CyberAP

I get a redirect back to Personal Details page, avatar remains unchanged. There are no errors in console or in server error logs.

8. CyberAP

Problem solved: I had to change user and group for all files and directories.