This "addon" packages Cm_Cache_Backend_Redis and Credis with a little glue-code to provide a Zend Cache for Redis. For best performance, install the php extension: phpredis
- Compatible XF Versions:
- Additional Requirements:
- Redis (v2.6.0 or better for Lua scripting)
phpredis (for performance)
apcu (for loading data from local slave)
- Unlicense, New BSD
- Visible Branding:
As for clustering, the Zend component doesn't yet support it. There is some ongoing open source development to extend it. But it has been stalled for quite some time.
- Additionally, this addon implement caching of thread counts in a forum.
- Redis Sentinel support for high-availability (see FAQ for detaisl).
- Optionally, pipelining or loading from a slave can be enabled in XenForo_Model_DataRegistry::getMulti by adding the following lines to config.php. Preferably after setting up the cache.
- Loading from a slave (limited opt-in support) is only enabled fro public (ie non-admin) pages.
- APCu is used to store the list of local IPs fetched via shell_exec for "hostname --all-ip-addresses". If someone knows of a better way of getting all machine IPs, please tell me.
Components licenced under; New BSD
Components licenced under; Unlicense
- XenForo Addon code
I recommend using Add-on install & upgrade or [TH] Install and Upgrade to install this addon.
Contributing features or bug fixes
Please create a Github Pull request via the "Find more info at github.com..." link.
If you appreciate this addon, please consider a contribution via PayPal. Details will be provide via private conversation.
Please contact me if you wish for different licencing arrangements.
Zend Redis Cache 1.3.0
XenForo + Redis