This add-on packages Cm_Cache_Backend_Redis and Credis with a little glue-code to provide a Zend Cache for Redis. For best performance, install the php extension: phpredis
- Compatible XF Versions:
- Additional Requirements:
- Redis (v3.0.0 or better)
phpredis (for performance)
apcu (for loading data from local slave)
- MIT Licence (add-on), New BSD (Redis Zend component)
- Visible Branding:
Please be aware that Redis is very sensitive to latency in a virtual environment. If repeated connection failures or protocol errors are experienced disable any Redis Persistence options.
With the $config['cache']['backendOptions']['load_from_slave'] option, reads can be deferred to a singular slave instance. This takes all the options of 'backendOptions' (except the slave config)
See the FAQ for configuration samples.
The Zend component support master/slave setups with Redis Sentinel support. It does not support Redis multi-master clustering.
- Additionally, this add-on implement caching of thread counts in a forum.
- Redis Sentinel support for high-availability (see FAQ for details).
- Optionally, pipelining or loading from a slave can be enabled in XenForo_Model_DataRegistry::getMulti by adding the following lines to config.php. Preferably after setting up the cache.
- Loading from a slave (limited opt-in support) is only enabled fro public (ie non-admin) pages.
- APCu is used to store the list of local IPs fetched via shell_exec for "hostname --all-ip-addresses". If someone knows of a better way of getting all machine IPs, please tell me.
Components licenced under; New BSD
Components licenced under; MIT Licence
- XenForo Add-on code
I recommend using Add-on install & upgrade to install this add-on.
Contributing features or bug fixes
Please create a GitHub Pull request via the "Find more info at github.com..." link.
If you appreciate this add-on, please consider a contribution via PayPal. Details will be provide via private conversation.
Please contact me if you wish for different licencing arrangements.
Zend Redis Cache 1.3.4
XenForo + Redis
- 1.3.4 - Maintenance update Feb 18, 2017 at 6:22 AM
- Increased minimum supported Redis version to v3.0.0, and updated FAQ & sample config Feb 13, 2017
- 1.3.3 - Compatibility update Jan 29, 2017