1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Zend Redis Cache 1.1.14

XenForo + Redis

1. Xon
    Compatible XF Versions:
    Additional Requirements:
    Redis (v2.6.0 or better for Lua scripting)
    phpredis (for performance)
    Unlicense, New BSD
    Visible Branding:
    This "addon" packages Cm_Cache_Backend_Redis and Credis with a little glue-code to provide a Zend Cache for Redis. For best performance, install the php extension: phpredis

Additionally, this addon implement caching of thread counts in a forum.

As for clustering, the Zend component doesn't yet support it. There is some ongoing open source development to extend it. But it has been stalled for about 6 months.

Optionally, pipelining can be enabled in XenForo_Model_DataRegistry::getMulti by adding the following lines to config.php. Preferably after setting up the cache.

Components licenced under; New BSD
    • Cm_Cache_Backend_Redis
    • Credis
    Components licenced under; Unlicense
    • XenForo Addon code

I recommend using Add-on install & upgrade or [TH] Install and Upgrade to install this addon.

Contributing features or bug fixes
    Please create a Github Pull request via the "Find more info at github.com..." link.

If you appreciate this addon, please consider a contribution via PayPal. Details will be provide via private conversation.

Please contact me if you wish for different licencing arrangements.

1. performance_options.png
    2. Capture.PNG

Recent Updates

1. Bugfix release
  2. Maintenance Update
  3. Bugfix release

Recent Reviews

1. Zehtuka
    Version: 1.1.9
    Used in combination with CentOS 7 and PHP7 as well as Debian 8.2 with PHP7 this addon is simply incredible. It should be included in the XF source since redis is a pretty much fool-proof method of caching non-important data.
  2. eva2000
    Version: 1.1.3
    Xon thanks for the excellent addon. It's working very nicely on my forums using CentOS 6.7, CentminMod LEMP stack and Redis 3.x server :)