- Compatible XF 2.x versions
- Additional requirements
- WordPress 5.0+ must be installed on same server as XenForo 2.1+
- Visible branding
Use the simple widget settings to feature hand-picked posts and pages, show latest posts from specific categories, and link to WooCommerce store products across as many widgets as you'd like.
The design of this widget adapts to the position you set it to in the widget settings. The layout narrows down into a simple list when featured in the sidebar, and expands to a wider grid format when set above or below nodes.
A simple byline will appear under blog posts with pertinent details about the post right from the widget. When showing WooCommerce products, the byline will be replaced with the product price.
Add a short description text to each post by filling in the "Excerpt" field from the post's Edit post screen. The post's featured image thumbnail will also appear stacked into each entry in the widget's list.
Use simple widget settings to limit the number of entries per widget, link back to your WP blog, and set custom post and category IDs to tailor each widget to its rightful place throughout your forum.
Bonus: Integrate your WordPress and XenForo websites even closer with the XFtoWP integration plugin*.
- List latest blog posts in forum sidebar
- Feature WooCommerce store products in targeted ad positions (source)
- Show list of WP posts by category and add to sidebar of matching forum node
- Create an "Editor's Pick" sidebar widget that shows your chosen posts
- Download the zip file and install the addon to your XenForo admin panel
- Mark as active, and go to the addon's settings
- Enter the file path to the root folder of your WordPress website
- Go to Appearance > Widgets > Add widget > Select "WordPress Posts" to create your first widget
Don't know your WP site's filepath?
Install this helper plugin to your WordPress site to print the filepath to the top of your website. Make sure you delete the plugin immediately after you copy the filepath.
Credit to @gigipmc and @Forsaken for skillfully collaborating on this addon.
* XFtoWP is NOT required to use this addon.
- Related resources