Additional requirements
Requires the bd Widget Framework to be installed for sidebar widgets
License
1 site per license
Updates duration
12 Months
Visible branding
No
This addon is maintained. For clarification, while I do not have the time to give support for installations and bug reports for this addon (because there are no known bugs and it's working perfectly on my forum AVForums), I will be updating it with maintenance releases (as and when they are needed) which current license holders will be able to download. So no personal support, but yes, maintenance releases.
Also I am vetting who I sell licenses to, so if you wish to purchase a license, please click the purchase link and then send me a message as per the instructions in the product description. Thank you :)

Trending Topics Page
Trending topics allows you have a page dedicated to your most active threads based on one of the following algorithms:
  • Replies per minute since the thread was created.
  • Views per minute since the thread was created.
  • Replies+Views per minute since the thread was created.
trending-topics-threads-options.jpg

Trending Posts Page
Trending topics allows you have a page dedicated to your most liked posts. The algorithm used is the number of Likes per minute since the post was added.
Supports Post Ratings instead of likes if version 1.7.5 or later of the Post Ratings addon is installed. https://xenforo.com/community/resources/post-ratings-taking-likes-to-the-next-level.410/

trending-topics-posts-options.jpg

Trending Profile Posts Page
Trending topics allows you have a page dedicated to your most active profile posts
based on the following algorithms:
  • Likes per minute since the profile post was created.
  • Comments on profile post per minute since the profile post was created.
trending-topics-profile-posts-options.jpg

XenForo Media Gallery: Trending Media
Trending Media gives you a page dedicated to your most active media items based on the following algorithms:
  • Comments on media item per minute since the media item was added.
  • Views per minute since the media item was added.
  • Ratings per minute since the media item was added.
  • Comments+Views+Ratings per minute since the media item was added.
trending-topics-xfmg-options.jpg

Xenforo Resource Manager: Trending Resources
Trending Resources gives you a page dedicated to your most active resources based on the following algorithms:
  • Downloads per minute since the resource was added.
  • Ratings per minute since the media item was added.
  • Downloads+Ratings per minute since the media item was added.
trending-topics-resources-options.jpg

Widget
This add on comes with a bd Widget Framework widget that can be placed anywhere. You can set multiple widgets and define each one to have different options (the same options that exist for the trending topics page). When the widget is planed in the thread view, it automatically removes the current thread from the list.

Widget.png WidgetOptions.png

Terms And Conditions
  • The price of this addon is £20 plus VAT at the rate in the EU country of the purchaser.
  • This addon requires the [bd] Widget Framework addon.
  • Each license is valid for use on one site.
  • 12 months support renewals are in place; when your support runs up you can continue to use the add on but will not be able to receive updates until you renew it.
Related resources
Author
Stuart Wright
Views
First release
Last update

Ratings

5.00 star(s) 4 ratings

More resources from Stuart Wright

Latest updates

1. Algorithm tweak

Adjusted "Replies & views" ranking algorithm to match XF1 version. Earlier versions were...
  2. Performance increase and tweaks

Performance adjustment...
  3. Bug fixes and new functionality

Bugfixes: Support highly negatively rated posts Enable thread preview support Support profile...

Latest reviews

Been using this on one of my websites for a while now and the members love it. I think I'm a bit sidebar heavy at the moment, this could stand out better (my bad not the plugins) and yet it still gets used more than 'similar threads' and other similar sidebar-able add-ons.

Once I've complete the porting of all my forums from VB to XF, and have ensured no old URL's are in search engine indexes, I'll have only the Trending Topics in the sidebar, and I'm sure it's one of those add-ons that'd be heavily missed by members if I ever removed it!

Yet the 'related threads' etc sure wont.

Well done Stuart and Daniel. :) Keep up the good work.
Just installed this addon today and already getting great feedback from my member base. Easy to install and setup. I am using it as a sidebar on my site. Thanks for creating. I have been looking for an addon like this for a while.
Stuart Wright
Stuart Wright
Glad you're happy with the add-on and your community is enjoying it. Thank you for the review.
Loving this add-on so far. Using the widget in sidebar to help reduce bounce rate for search traffic. The fact that this add-on can show top threads based on replies *per minute* and not simply number of replies, is key.
Stuart Wright
Stuart Wright
Thank you for the review. I'm glad you are enjoying the addon. Feel free to post any suggestions on how to improve it.
Daniel has thought of some great options here. Being able to add a widget into threads with the current forum and child forums as the source for the threads means there is more interesting stuff to show visitors when they hit your site in a thread from a search engine.
Good job on this.
Stuart Wright
Stuart Wright
Glad you're happy with the end result :)
Top Bottom