2. 1.5
License
Commercial, Paid License
Updates duration
6 months (renew for $5)
Visible branding
No
If you like this add-on, please >>rate it<<

Included in the [TAC] Total Anti-Spam Collection.

Description
Stop Human Spam by setting conditions for signatures / posts containing links / home page urls.

Features
  • Stops URLs in Profile Posts, Conversations, HomePage URL , About You (until conditions are met: Likes/number of days reg/like: post ratio)
  • Stops Sneaky URLs (such as w w w mysite .com)
  • Stops threads with banned words being created in title/post
  • Permissions controlled (so usergroups can bypass)
  • Forum Node controlled (so selected forums can bypass the rules)
  • Conditions controlled (so users that meet non spam coditions are never bothered by it)
  • Human spam attempt events are logged in the ACP
  • This Plug-in has zero database queries overhead.
Stop Banned Words
Stop posts / threads being created with banned words. These words can be in the title of the thread or the content of the post/thread. This prevents the human spammer from using their usual spam content (copy / pasted from word/txt). The human spammer can vary what they write, but after going through the hassle of not being able to create a real link / sneaky link of any sort (see below), most will just give up.

Link Post Rules
These rules prevent users who do not meet the requirement from creating links in various places.
The Link Post Rules condition's are set in the ACP and include:
  • Minimum Number of Posts
  • Minimum Number of Likes
  • Minimum Like : Post Ratio (This should prevent many users from creating pointless posts, just to increase their post count)
  • Minimum Registration Days
Stop Sneaky URLs
Stop Sneaky URLs in titles or content. If humans can't post real links, often human spammers will try to sneak broken links into posts, or thread titles, for instance: w w w . mysite . c o m. This feature stops threads / posts being created with these types of Sneaky URLs).

Signature Modify Rules
These rules prevent new users from chainging their signature from default (blank) until the conditions are met. A separate set of conditions similar to above (for link post rules) are definable in the ACP
Options.
  • Turn On Link-Post-Rules For Posts && Threads
  • Turn On Link-Post-Rules For Profile Posts
  • Turn On Link-Post-Rules For Conversations
  • Turn On Link-Post-Rules For HomePage URL
  • Turn On Link-Post-Rules For About You
  • Apply Link-Post-Rules To Email Addresses
  • Allow External Images & Media
  • Banned Thread Title Words
  • Banned Post Content Words
  • Stop Sneaky URLs with Regex
All rules are permission controlled, so if you want a user / group to bypass any of the rules, the following permissions are available:
  • Can Bypass Link-Post-Rules
  • Can Bypass Signature-Modify-Rules
  • Can Bypass Stop-Banned-Words
  • Can Bypass Stop-Sneaky-Urls
This plugin can be used in combination with:
  • Fool Bot Honey Pot (to stop spam bots completely! using elegant methods that do not bother humans)
  • Any Api (Use any API you want, to prevent spam bots / spam humans from registering)
  • Stop Country Spam (to reduce spam from particular countries; bot/human)
  • Custom Image Captcha (2nd fallback to stop spam bots)
  • Bot Arrestor (to reduce the amount or resources spam bots use)
Configure
Set options in the administration control panel: ACP -> Home -> Options -> StopHumanSpam
Author
wmtech
Views
First release
Last update

Ratings

5.00 star(s) 12 ratings

More resources from wmtech

Latest updates

1. v 1.4.8

Product was taken over from Yugensoft. NO new features or bug fixes. No need to update your...
  2. v1.4.7

Fix: redirect response error
  3. v1.4.6

Fixes related to guest posting.

Latest reviews

Been running it for years. Couldn't run my forums without it. I pretty much get zero spam making it through. I like it so much, I re-purchased it when the new owner took over.
Started catching spam day one. Also, I sent a settings question to the author. I got a super quick and helpful response.
Been using this addon for months (probably years!) now. It's excellent. Does a great job of stopping human spam with loads of options to set things up how you want.
The spam logs this add-on produces are absolutely essential to the running of all of our forums, large and small. The auto-modding of links that spammers post ensures we don't expose the spam on the front-end, whilst providing a quick and easy way for our mod teams to get rid of the junk.

With an option to scan profile fields, such as homepage links, we can even trap and spam-cleanse the spammers who don't post anything - just rock up and try to spam their user profile.

5 Stars for this add-on from me. :D
This is the best add-on to put a stop to human spamming. I love the new feature where you can moderate new members posts that contain links. I have had zero problems using this add-on. The logging feature is excellent as well. Highly recommended to any XF board.
I forgot to rate this! Been using this for several months, it's ESSENTIAL to our forum spam efforts. There are SO many pixel spammers out there, that are humans, that copy a post from page x in a long thread, and add a link to a single-pixel image for cookie tracking. This add-on is the only think that'll stop them.
I am surprised that this add-on is not more actively rated. This is something that I see as essential and wonder why forum software does not put in place methods to prevent certain users from updating known spam hot spots such as profile posts, homepage urls and links in posts. Hopefully this continues to be supported.
Once configured correctly, it WILL help with those "human" spammers that hit your site and try to spam on the first post.
Great support and a great add-on. I like his stuff so well I purchased the entire package deal.
Great addon - Certainly does the trick!
Amazing add-on and top support from the dev. Loads of configuration options and it's fun to see the failed attempts at posting spam in the reporting.
Top Bottom