• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Unmaintained Customisable Browser-Update.org Widget 1.0

No permission to download
Compatible XF 1.x versions
1.0, 1.1
This add-on is not affiliated with XenForo Ltd.

When this add-on is installed, it will detect the browser version your visitor is using and if it is below a certain version, your visitor will see a bar similar to the above.

The widget is provided by Browser-Update.org.

If the user clicks the banner they will be taken to their website where they can receive suggestions for a replacement browser.

I have made the add-on customisable through the Admin CP using various options:

You can also customise the way it looks including colour schemes etc. by altering the provided BrowserUpdate.css file.

IMPORTANT: The "test mode enabled" option will permanently enable the Browser Update warning regardless of the browser the visitor is using. As you can see from the first screenshot, I am being warned that Google Chrome 19 is out of date when it clearly isn't. This is because I have test mode enabled.

If you would like to test how it looks without enabling test mode you can add #test-bu to the end of your URL. e.g. http://www.yourforum.com/index.php#test-bu

1) Download the ZIP
2) Extract the ZIP
3) Upload the contents of the upload folder to the root of your XenForo installation.
4) Install using the provided XML file.
Chris D
First release
Last update
5.00 star(s) 3 ratings

More resources from Chris D

Latest reviews

A must have addon!
Good indeed!
Just what I needed for members still using IE 7