Change Thread Starter 1.0.4

No permission to download
Compatible XF 1.x versions
  1. 1.3
  2. 1.4
  3. 1.5
Visible branding
No
This add-on is not affiliated with XenForo Ltd.
This add-on adds a permission in the Admin CP that allows you to allow usergroups to "Change thread starter". The permission can be found roughly near the bottom of the General Moderator Permissions group.

Once you grant access to that permission, your staff/moderators will see the following in their Thread Tools menu

Clicking on "Change Thread Starter" brings up this overlay

Once you click Change the following changes happen:
  • The number of Likes received on the post get transferred to the new starter.
  • If the new starter had liked the original starter's thread, this like is removed (you shouldn't be able to like your own posts).
  • The thread starter is changed to the new starter.
  • If there haven't yet been any replies, the last reply user is updated to be the new starter.
  • The message counts are adjusted (existing starter -1, new starter +1)
  • The data is saved
  • The search index is updated accordingly.
With this add-on you can only change the author of one thread at a time.
In future, I may release a full Thread Tools suite that allows bulk changes, changes to the date of the posting and perhaps changes to individual posts too.
Enjoy!
Special Thanks:
To vVv for helping me test the add-on.
Installation:
This add-on can be installed using the Add-On Installer.

Alternatively...
  • Extract the contents of the Zip file.
  • Upload the contents of the upload folder to the root of your XenForo installation.
  • Install in the Admin CP using the provided XML file.
Author
Chris D
Downloads
Views
First release
Last update

Ratings

5.00 star(s) 17 ratings

More resources from Chris D

Latest updates

1. Fix

Do not adjust the user message count if the thread is in a forum which doesn't count messages.
  2. Some bug fixes

Thank you @Xon for fixing some bugs with this add-on. The changes in this release are as...
  3. Fixes errors when changing thread starter from guest

Fixes errors when changing thread starter from guest

Latest reviews

Thank you. So useful. It works pretty good. For the people who don't know how it works, remember to give permisions con groups/user.
I was looking for this. After assigning a new person to a resource it looked kind of weird that the discussion thread was started by someone else. This did exactly what we wanted. Thanks Chris.
Thanks for creating this. Been looking for a way to create threads for some members who have issues figuring out how to post on the forum, or for people who post something in the chat area that needs to be in the forum area.
Works perfect on 1.3.5 and 1.4
Great!
very useful, good job
Many thanks, works so well I donated!
Extremely helpful and easy to use. Thanks, Chris.
Perfect for an upcoming project I have :-)
Works great! Do you see the date change option coming into this soon? i would really like that one...
Chris D
Chris D
To be completely honest, there is a more feature rich add-on by someone else here. Check out the resources by *******. I believe it might already have a date change option :) Thanks for the view and download.
Top Bottom