- Compatible XF 1.x versions
- Visible branding
Once you grant access to that permission, your staff/moderators will see the following in their Thread Tools menu
Clicking on "Change Thread Starter" brings up this overlay
Once you click Change the following changes happen:
- The number of Likes received on the post get transferred to the new starter.
- If the new starter had liked the original starter's thread, this like is removed (you shouldn't be able to like your own posts).
- The thread starter is changed to the new starter.
- If there haven't yet been any replies, the last reply user is updated to be the new starter.
- The message counts are adjusted (existing starter -1, new starter +1)
- The data is saved
- The search index is updated accordingly.
In future, I may release a full Thread Tools suite that allows bulk changes, changes to the date of the posting and perhaps changes to individual posts too.
To vVv for helping me test the add-on.
This add-on can be installed using the Add-On Installer.
- Extract the contents of the Zip file.
- Upload the contents of the upload folder to the root of your XenForo installation.
- Install in the Admin CP using the provided XML file.