CTA Home Page

CTA Home Page 1.0.0

No permission to download
Compatible XF 1.x versions
  1. 1.5
Visible branding
No
This add-on is not affiliated with XenForo Ltd.

Introduction
This simple add-on allows you to select a Page node to use as a home page.

Setting the index page route to the page URL enables it to be a landing page at the root URL with a focused home tab.

In addition, a simple template modification changes the page title and the browser tab to the board name.

The options are very basic as it's not intended to be a replacement for a full home page/portal add-on.

You can though utilise the capabilites of a Page node, including the PHP callback functionality.
You should also be able to use it in conjunction with other add-ons, such as Widget Framework.

A custom template - cta_homepage_links - allows you to define exactly which links you want on the sub navigation bar.

Instructions
If you haven't already done so, create a Page node - see here for how to do that: https://xenforo.com/community/resources/how-to-create-a-page-node.354/
Make sure 'Display in the node list' is unchecked and make a note of the 'URL Portion' as that is required when setting the Index Page Route.
page-node.webp

The options can be found under the CTA Home Page option group.
Check the option to enable it, select a node from the list and optionally choose whether to remove the breadcrumbs.
options-cta-home-page.webp

If you do not choose a node, an error will be shown.
error.webp

Once you have saved the options, set the 'Index Page Route' in Options -> Basic Board information.
Enter the Page node 'URL Portion' prefixed with /pages/ and with a trailing slash, as shown.
Ensure 'Home Page URL' is left blank otherwise it will result in two home tabs.
options-index-page-route.webp

Home Page
You now have a home page which visitors will land on and a Home tab which will remain focused.
home-page.webp

If the option to remove breadcrumbs is selected, it appears like so.
home-page-no-breadcrumbs.webp

As is normal when changing the Index Page Route, the forum index will now show as /forums in the URL.
forum-index.webp

If you wish to remove the title from the page, add this to EXTRA.css:
Rich (BB code):
.node100 .pagenode_container .titleBar h1
{
display: none;
}

Change the 100 to match the node ID of the page.

Latest reviews

I built a custom page with PHP callbacks and needed a way to make it my landing page. This took 30 seconds and works great. I don't need a portal! This needs to be a XenForo core feature!
Awesome find and it did exactly what I was wanting an add-on to do for the home page of my site. Thanks Brogan!
This add-on works perfectly. It is very easy to install, and it took two seconds to configure. This should probably be a core XenForo feature.
Top Bottom